R&L | is it true that dispatchers get bonus's for the work drivers do?

is it true that dispatchers get bonus's for the work drivers do?

My ex company rated the dispatch performance based on the pick ups a driver made. That rating went to determine their pay. So yes,the dispatcher got paid on the drivers work. That was at Jevic. Look at what a thriving company they are today!!

Dispatchers do not get a bonus of any kind for other peoples performance,TM's do.

R+L obviously has man power issues....while other companies are cutting back to 40 and 45 hour work weeks R+L bump drivers to 70....when I was in management the top supervisors always said 45 to 48 hours per man....over 50 and to 60 productivity falls and accidents whether it's injuries or accidents.....go up.....and eventually as the top boss said...something fatal occurs....keep drivers at 50 hours....IF YOU CAN'T LIVE ON 50 HOURS....you can't live on 60.....enough on productivity....unless SHADOW434 feels he knows better on the subject.....but I don't think so....

That's right working 60-70 hours a week for straight time. Why should they hire anyone their getting away with murder!

R+L obviously has man power issues....while other companies are cutting back to 40 and 45 hour work weeks R+L bump drivers to 70....when I was in management the top supervisors always said 45 to 48 hours per man....over 50 and to 60 productivity falls and accidents whether it's injuries or accidents.....go up.....and eventually as the top boss said...something fatal occurs....keep drivers at 50 hours....IF YOU CAN'T LIVE ON 50 HOURS....you can't live on 60.....enough on productivity....unless SHADOW434 feels he knows better on the subject.....but I don't think so....
Don't go there bug. He will shut this thread down too. Some mods run a tight ship at the expense of the 1st amendment.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is no 1st amendment in a privately owned forum. You follow the rules or you face the consequences.
True...But by basically censoring your members opinions you do more harm than good to the board. The rules are open to interpretation with the mods making decisions of what they deem inappropriate. Many mods give threads more freedom to express themselves while some just shut it down. The owner of this site might want to consider that even though his site doesn't fall under the protection of the 1st amendment it shouldn't be basically censored by one mans biased opinion. I'm not calling anyone out. I'm just expressing my perception of what I have seen on this site.

True...But by basically censoring your members opinions you do more harm than good to the board. The rules are open to interpretation with the mods making decisions of what they deem inappropriate. Many mods give threads more freedom to express themselves while some just shut it down. The owner of this site might want to consider that even though his site doesn't fall under the protection of the 1st amendment it shouldn't be basically censored by one mans biased opinion. I'm not calling anyone out. I'm just expressing my perception of what I have seen on this site.

We are at will posters!

1.5 stops per hour.....It's easy to do....15 stops in a 10 hour day .....no problem....give me 14 deliveries and I do 1 pick-up....9 deliveries and I do 6 pickups....no pressure and not killing myself....Management knows we need more drivers and we have enough work to justify it. I just do my job and what is expected of me.

Oh yeah? Take my place for a day and see how well the 1.5 stops per hour holds up. Avg 220 miles. Houses usually outnumbering the businesses, usually bumping 3 docks a week, at most 1 or 2 that doesn't need a liftgate.

Yup. Real efficient.