R&L | is it true?

outlaw6

TB Lurker
Credits
I heard R&l in chicago bought another terminal, and will be adding new jobs. In my opinion they need to add better trucks, and stop paring a city driver with a regional driver. then will write ya up if you are not in your correct truck. Also the rent a truck drivers are a joke, these guys are the onesl tearing up the equipt, and takeing the radios out of these trucks. as for you grown men who complain about not having you assign truck, get over yourselves. you must remember this is the company truck and not your personal one. BUY YOUR OWN TRUCK AND THEN YOU WILL NOT HAVE TO WORRY WHO IS DRIVING YOURS!!!!!!!

I heard R&l in chicago bought another terminal, and will be adding new jobs. In my opinion they need to add better trucks, and stop paring a city driver with a regional driver. then will write ya up if you are not in your correct truck. Also the rent a truck drivers are a joke, these guys are the onesl tearing up the equipt, and takeing the radios out of these trucks. as for you grown men who complain about not having you assign truck, get over yourselves. you must remember this is the company truck and not your personal one. BUY YOUR OWN TRUCK AND THEN YOU WILL NOT HAVE TO WORRY WHO IS DRIVING YOURS!!!!!!!

i beleive the only one on here complaining about trucks is you:tongue0002:

I agree with you grabagear. Seems like outlaw6 is the one complaining about trucks. He must be one of the jealous ones that doesn't have enough seniority (or a bid) to get an assigned truck. There is a reason certain guys have assigned trucks that not only benefits the driver but the company also :duh:

No one at terminal cries either. You know the guy who uses it at night and you both respect each others stuff. Rent-a-drivers are put in the junk spares we have at the yard.

All i can say is that we all have jobs with what is all going on look at yrc they just layed off 600 more people and we are trying to hire more becouse we are so busy yes since i got hurt in jan i just got back and there is a ton of new faces and thank god my truck is a older one no one want to us it i think i was on topic

All i can say is that we all have jobs with what is all going on look at yrc they just layed off 600 more people and we are trying to hire more becouse we are so busy yes since i got hurt in jan i just got back and there is a ton of new faces and thank god my truck is a older one no one want to us it i think i was on topic

hey 2nd shift glad your back glad you got feeling better and thats a good way to look at it:smilie_132:

I agree with you grabagear. Seems like outlaw6 is the one complaining about trucks. He must be one of the jealous ones that doesn't have enough seniority (or a bid) to get an assigned truck. There is a reason certain guys have assigned trucks that not only benefits the driver but the company also :duh:

not complaining have a assign truck and a dedicated run, BID tired of the rent of truckdrivers, who takes my TRUCK!!!!! besdes the orginal question is will there be a new terminal out of chicago???? which is what I truly was looking for an answer to the truck vent was an added bonus.So get off my back.

thanks 2nd shift for the reply I was looking for, and not being such a jerk about the whole truck thing. welcome back.

This is some of the stuff that goes on in chicago!!!!!

This is some of the stuff that goes on in chicago!!!!!

outlaw6 your very first post and it seemed like you came on here to attack us drivers (and i said seemed like the way i read it) personaly i have never been to your terminal in chicago and not sure how long you have been with the company. but as far as what you have posted i am GUESSING that you have been with the company for less than 5 yrs thats my guess because this is not a new situation with our trucks. i have been with the company 20yrs and this has happened from the very first day i started,and long before that. if you are assinged to a truck and yours is for instance broke down or still out when you come to work you have to take another one which in turn was assigned to someone else then they have to take one that is assigned to someone else etc...... it's frustating but at least you are working and have an income coming in which is more than some people that are going to read my post that have lost there job and are worried sick about what they are going to do. they would probably trade you situations any day. as far as the radios that have come up missing company or personal this is a problem for your t/m and security if they can't figure it out then they are not doing there job and if i were you and it was a personal radio i would try calling security in wil. see what they say if it's company radio they will figure it out. now as far as a terminal being bought in chicago and are they going to hire, well i can't see r+l using two terminals in the same city unless the terminal that you are in has outgrown itself and there is no room for expansion. now this is a rumer but i heard that we purchased a terminal in clevland,toledo,and somewhere in michigan but like i said a good source rumer.i was told that it was cheaper to buy the whole terminal with all the equipment then it would have been to purchase the trailers buy them selves. like i said this is a rumer. now lets start over outlaw6 welcome to truckingboards relax, drink a beer and have fun......:smilie_132::smilie_132:

Chicago is a different animal in it self. They have their own rules. Their own way of doing things, ect. Just like the politics up there:nutkick:. WE will do it our way and the heck with everything else. I know several drivers that go to Chigao or switch with them.

they got another terminal south of chicago but they r renting it out to saia. they was going to use it but don't no now they can't add on at the chicago terminal people won't sell the land, was going to add on about 150 doors if the could of got the land and a new shop

It's all goood

Last time I was in SBI they heard talks of grabbing some Chicago frt closer to them since Chicago was apparently busting at the seams.:clap:

The truck thing: Every place I've worked it's the same, day and night guys share trucks. Yes, it gets fustrating as hell sometimes when your truck isn't there or if your the only one taking care of it:Flame-On:, but hey they pay us to drive a green truck with R&L on the side of it so what can you do???

The radio thing if it's a problem at your terminal then you need to get your TM involved and security ASAP.

By rent-a-driver do you mean these combo guys that I've been hearing about??

they got another terminal south of chicago but they r renting it out to saia. they was going to use it but don't no now they can't add on at the chicago terminal people won't sell the land, was going to add on about 150 doors if the could of got the land and a new shop

I've heard that the company and Estes are the ones buying up the old YRC terminals and renting them back to YRC. You better believe that if Sr. don't get his rent they'll be out of the building quicker than you can spit

I've heard that the company and Estes are the ones buying up the old YRC terminals and renting them back to YRC. You better believe that if Sr. don't get his rent they'll be out of the building quicker than you can spit

R+L WAS NOT INVOLVED IN THAT TRANSACTION lets not start bad rumers:duh::duh: