SAIA | IS Saia in Trouble?

seabreeze

Not Well Known Member, 63 Year Teamster Member
PREMIUM
Credits
An article in the N Y Times by (Chief Cook and Bottle Washer) Rip Davey said "losing two of our valuable assets in such a
short time (Runaway train and Dracula) has been almost impossible to overcome".
"We have offered each, huge bonuses of $16.37 to come out of retirement, so far, our calls have not been returned"

An article in the N Y Times by (Chief Cook and Bottle Washer) Rip Davey said "losing two of our valuable assets in such a
"We have offered each, huge bonuses of $16.37 to come out of retirement, so far, our calls have not been returned
Haaa! Fake news failed again leaving out important details. I told them that train would NOT STOP fishing long enough to come back causing Dracula to put the final nail in his truck coffin to pursue his garden herb growing obsession. The bonus was to be paid as a one time check only if the numbers improved, as you know, we can always do better, the odds are against us !! It was also mentioned that Seabreeze was to remain as a confidential trucking informant as long as the teamsters remains a viable force in the trucking world.
"We have offered each, huge bonuses of $16.37 to come out of retirement, so far, our calls have not been returned"

We both were forgotten a couple of days later. It’s just the nature of the business. I will say that I don’t miss having to bury stop signs. SAIA not so much.:1036316054:

Hear we’re going back to Volvo’s with the new trucks coming in. Can’t say that I mind, imo, freightliners are a rough ride (terrible on bumps) and the internationals are under powered.

Hear we’re going back to Volvo’s with the new trucks coming in. Can’t say that I mind, imo, freightliners are a rough ride (terrible on bumps) and the internationals are under powered.
And the Volvos are not known for staying fixed as they rattle everything loose and then require days of shop support to fix everything.

Any time a trucking company begins to fail in structural ways, the early signs of cracking and rumblings are always first detected by drivers who ask impossible questions from there on out.

Don't waste time asking questions, take your pension or whatever and bail.

And the Volvos are not known for staying fixed as they rattle everything loose and then require days of shop support to fix everything.

Any time a trucking company begins to fail in structural ways, the early signs of cracking and rumblings are always first detected by drivers who ask impossible questions from there on out.

Don't waste time asking questions, take your pension or whatever and bail.
:scratchhead: Uhhh....ok

Well then can anyone tell me then why I’m stuck in the pits with NASCAR? I try to get into it like the good old days but it just isn’t the same. I’m not an Earnhart fan but I would kill for a pass in the grass instead of the drama queens.

Well then can anyone tell me then why I’m stuck in the pits with NASCAR? I try to get into it like the good old days but it just isn’t the same. I’m not an Earnhart fan but I would kill for a pass in the grass instead of the drama queens.
NASCAR would be more interesting with a Supercross format. No refueling, no tire changes, hammer down.

I'm in there with you, I haven't watched a race in 3 yrs.
They've killed NASCAR with their green, white, checker, not enforcing what rules they claim to have if it's against one of their pet ticket sellers.
The wrecks at Daytona and Talladega are only to bunch the field and sell more tickets, absolutely unnecessary.
Years ago, the manufactures were required to sell 500 cars to the public that were allowed to race.
There's nothing stock about these monstrosities they run today, bodies are identical, dry sump, and if you could buy one, it would be the price of a small airplane.
Past years if a crew chief could gain a few more mph, they won the race.
today, everything has to be equal, just not racing anymore.

Yeah I agree with you breeze, I liked the super speedway tracks a lot better before the restrictor plates. All that did to me was pair up all the multi car owners and their just blocking instead of racing. Ridiculous. It’s become a 2 lap race at the end if your lucky. No surprise of a wreck at the end either, hell they just drafted for 200 laps and now have to race for the checker. I want passing and banging. I need to be on the edge of my chair yelling GO !!!!! again.

I'm in there with you, I haven't watched a race in 3 yrs.
They've killed NASCAR with their green, white, checker, not enforcing what rules they claim to have if it's against one of their pet ticket sellers.
The wrecks at Daytona and Talladega are only to bunch the field and sell more tickets, absolutely unnecessary.
Years ago, the manufactures were required to sell 500 cars to the public that were allowed to race.
There's nothing stock about these monstrosities they run today, bodies are identical, dry sump, and if you could buy one, it would be the price of a small airplane.
Past years if a crew chief could gain a few more mph, they won the race.
today, everything has to be equal, just not racing anymore.
It's been turned into a lottery. If it's your lucky day, then there ya go.