ABF | is the whole system slow?

BIG STEVE

TB Regular
Credits
hey guys
is it slow everywhere with a lot of guys walking?
or is the company just trying to hold the line and watch all costs closely

in NY we have been busy this time of the year for the past 5-6 yrs until now
a noticiable drop in freight levels

I Believe It Is Slow Throughout The Entire Freight System Including Other Companies From What I Have Heard From Other Drivers. According To What I Have Read Freight Levels Are Down Across All Segments Of The Trucking Industry Even Truckload. Hope It Picks Up Soon Though.

slow in new jersey at 380.............got a call saturday they laid a supervisor off at 380 and 279.............reading the other boards shows lay offs of drivers and dockmen

Freight is slow everywhere! I know guys at Fed Ex, Conway,Holland ,Yellow ,Roadway Old Dominion you name the freight company everyone is slow.
FedEx was talking about layoffs for the first time EVER. I am telling you it is SLOW.

188 in VT is very quiet. 4 out of 11 off today. And then the bad news - no New Years pay this check since I've been off since the 29th of Dec. I pray to the freight gods this doesn't go more than 30 days, or I can't even look forward to getting that. It's the little things, like having the truck start this time of year that mean the most...or getting to come in and start the truck?