FedEx Freight | Is this allowed????

Justme1111

TB Lurker
Credits
Centers that are told only a certain amount of drivers are "allowed" to work are told NOT TO in any circumstances to call in any drivers that are "on call".
BUT if one is only working the dock, they are having him punch into "equipment move" only to go out in the city for a short run so the supervisor isn't "questioned" by any of the "higher ups" all the while drivers are siting home "on call" What kind of BS is that?

Yes, only a certain amount of drivers are allowed to work based on the bill count.

My understanding of equipment moves is that it's used for moving equipment between centers, moving equipment in the yard (like plugging a straight truck, not hostling) and I've clocked into it to rescue a driver.

If a driver is running a peddle route or doing swaps, it's easily uncovered by the use if 6 the hand-held. If you feel there's funny business going on, jump on the ethics line and make a formal complaint. Encourage those sitting at home to do the same.

Centers that are told only a certain amount of drivers are "allowed" to work are told NOT TO in any circumstances to call in any drivers that are "on call".
BUT if one is only working the dock, they are having him punch into "equipment move" only to go out in the city for a short run so the supervisor isn't "questioned" by any of the "higher ups" all the while drivers are siting home "on call" What kind of BS is that?
Just send the useless TM without a CDL out to do it or a fat ass stupervisor that has a couple drunk driving and stalker violations out instead while a good CDL / DBL's , TRIP , TANKER , HAZ certed driver goes to find a employer that cares about the them . And again in the AF/FDXFE days I seen a non CDL stupervisor and a TM take a pup and go deliver something with company equipment totally against the law .

Yes, only a certain amount of drivers are allowed to work based on the bill count.

My understanding of equipment moves is that it's used for moving equipment between centers, moving equipment in the yard (like plugging a straight truck, not hostling) and I've clocked into it to rescue a driver.

If a driver is running a peddle route or doing swaps, it's easily uncovered by the use if 6 the hand-held. If you feel there's funny business going on, jump on the ethics line and make a formal complaint. Encourage those sitting at home to do the same.

Hi, I understand that but dispatch is using these city runs as "equipment moves". In other words, these "equipment moves" are city deliveries to customers.

Hi, I understand that but dispatch is using these city runs as "equipment moves". In other words, these "equipment moves" are city deliveries to customers.

Make a formal complaint on ethicspoint and get others to do it too. Use the information you get here to make the changes you want to see.

People are scared to make waves or "put a target" on their back. If they start messing with you after, submit another one for retaliation and watch them never look in your direction again.

Your only options are make the formal complaint or sit back and watch it happen. Management will continue to be untouchable if they're treated like they're untouchable.

Sounds like good Ole fedex fudging numbers.

Employees should be just as outraged by contractors pulling freight while people are furloughed.

Trust me some of the ones pulling out of Nashville their truck's look like they are on their last mile!

Last edited:
Just send the useless TM without a CDL out to do it or a fat ass stupervisor that has a couple drunk driving and stalker violations out instead while a good CDL / DBL's , TRIP , TANKER , HAZ certed driver goes to find a employer that cares about the them . And again in the AF/FDXFE days I seen a non CDL stupervisor and a TM take a pup and go deliver something with company equipment totally against the law .
Sad! This company is full of heartless, moral bankrupt, c$#ts! A driver went out with a medical issue, and a driver ask was he terminal with a glimmer of moving up in his eye!

Special place in the eternal hot box for him!

I am afraid it is only going to get worse..... Hearing for summer bid only looking at 90k... If that is the case furloughs are going to turn into layoffs. This is getting crazy folks. They will do whatever they can to cut cost at the expense of us. We do not have anyone that will speak for us and honestly no sweat off their backs.

And so that's why Jeff has TB here for us all , there is your voice you never had.
Trust me they say they don't look or care about what's said on TB , that's not
true all factions of the companies come here to ease drop on what we talk about.

If its under equipment move then its not on the p & d hours. Equipment move might be considered Line haul. That’s what was happening at UPS Freight and still at Tforce. The road drivers that are working the dock and sent out in the city to do a route, swap, shuttle, anything to do with city work was swipe to Line Hall shuttle so it wouldn't be on the p & d hours. To cut down on p & d hours so it won't show on the daily goals you are on a different swipe even on city work.