TForce | Is UPS buying Estes?

Apostolic said:
Well if Yellow merged Roadway,with Roadway already owning New Penn.
Than why is Yellow running all of their companies as independent?
When Roadway was their biggest compition before?

I'm not trying to give you a hard time Accelerator.
I'm just inerested.
You seem like someone that is very well informed on these issues.
I'm really not messing with you,I'd like to no the answers.

I understand and I do not take your questions as offensive.

First of all , a little while ago, most transportation companies realized there was a shift in the economy, This shift was in relation to economies booming in countries we had little to no business interest in. (EXAMPLE) products built in china, One of the fastest growing economies to date , most of these companies are ( British, american, russian,german, sweetish,and so on and so on). With this in mind companies like fedex, DHL,UPS, said to themselves that we can become world dominator's in other markets as well as our own, and offer a package to our customer's worldwide in every transportation catagory,

1. trucking
2. small package
3. ocean
4. air
5. mail
6. warehousing
7. staff managment ,shipping, recieving.

and any other form of logistic management services available.

Rdwy, Yllw, CF, And ABF . were never strangers to this venture niether was UPS and FDX But now it is time in the worldwide growing economy to tie the loose ends sort of speak. Not too mention we now have companies with even more investment capita, then the trucking co,s. I have mentioned above.

RDWY had RPS and Roadway global air.
Yllw spent most ( if I am correct) of it's sales in independant worlwide broker's.
ABF the same as YLLW.
CF as we know, Emery worlwide.
and also owned a small package entity above and beyond Emery.

To offer an extensive portfolio has alway's been the dream of every major transportation co. But in a soft market as we have now and and a growing world economy promotes more monies and less competition. Particularly if you buy them out....

You know it is possible. UPS probably bought Overnite because of its nonunion position.

After beating the teamsters with all they could throw their way with all their lies and deceit.

Skeeter said:
You know it is possible. UPS probably bought Overnite because of its nonunion position.

After beating the teamsters with all they could throw their way with all their lies and deceit.
"O" SPENT MILLIONS ON FIGHTING THE IBT. UPS HAS BILLIONS AND INVITED THE TEAMSTERS TO SIT DOWN AND NEGOTIATE.

Skeeter said:

ya now skeet ,It's a possibility, but somehow after seeing what has happened thus far I am starting to think they really did'nt care...Just my opinion...

skeeter what don't you understand about ups negiotating with the teamsters for a union contract...upsfreight does not speak for upsfreight or ups they will do what they are told like the rest of us.......wake up driver....

estes trucking

Estes employees (at least the east side), are happy with the company the way it is. Some of them are happy to fuel and wait for dispatch for free. It would be interesting to see how it would play out, especially since the Union is out of the question with most of them.

From what I've heard, I don't think Rob is ready to sell. He's not done getting free work out of his employees yet.

if you don't like estes why are you still here, quit i am sure none of us will miss you go work for a better company.

if you don't like estes why are you still here, quit i am sure none of us will miss you go work for a better company.

This is a prime example of someone skimming over posts, go to your estes threads and you find that I left 2 years ago when the company was a good company going south. (GI turning into estes)

I hope this clears things up. I work for UPS Freight.:tongue0015: