FedEx Freight | "It will be like nothing you've ever seen before"

hairbear

TB Regular
Credits
This is what I heard more than once from management regarding the bids just implemented. How true. Uproot and displace drivers to do it better. Calling service centers and demanding that they loan local drivers to linehaul even at the expense of not delivering that day's freight. Lengthening 2 day lanes to 3 days and 3 day to 4 day. Purchase transportation both directions in the same lanes. Yep, it certainly is like nothing I've ever seen before. Unf--king believable.

So much for the legendary service Viking was built on. I can't wait for winter to see how many of the PT's don't make it through the snow.

If I hadn't said some of the very same things when we changed years ago ...well ... but I did say things like (this is the dumbest thing I ever saw) and I understand your feelings some...because I didn't understand back then ..... but it didn't take me to long to understand that the change was a very good one ...and you can call me a kool-aid drinker if you need to .... because I am on the change we made from when we were a little company to when we had out grown ourselfs.

I know some drivers that didn't adapt very well and quit ..who now wish they hadn't .... you have to decide which one you will be ...because this is the way it is. ....:1036316054:

This is what I heard more than once from management regarding the bids just implemented. How true. Uproot and displace drivers to do it better. Calling service centers and demanding that they loan local drivers to linehaul even at the expense of not delivering that day's freight. Lengthening 2 day lanes to 3 days and 3 day to 4 day. Purchase transportation both directions in the same lanes. Yep, it certainly is like nothing I've ever seen before. Unf--king believable.

This MUST be part of the NEW competitive pricing our CCM keeps talking about. Agressive pricing.

Sounds like they're gonna reduce service and push price. GREAT!

Seems they can't make up their minds... Service/price. Now I guess low price is what they want to be. They better start ordering more hand trucks now, cuz that's the kind of freight you get when you're the cheapest carrier.

quick67bird :clap:

Welcome to Truckingboards.

:shift:

Thankyou. I am a 15 year veteran of Viking/FedEx myself as well as just finishing my Bachelors degree in Accounting Information systems with a minor in Business management. Been a truck driver since I turned 18 and now it is time to do something else.

Thankyou. I am a 15 year veteran of Viking/FedEx myself as well as just finishing my Bachelors degree in Accounting Information systems with a minor in Business management. Been a truck driver since I turned 18 and now it is time to do something else.
I've heard those numbers will drive you crazy, kinda like four wheelers.

FM

This is the picture that's developing at my center...managers are such company bookworms... they do everything, to the company letter...(an still get skeewered on snapshots) no such thing as free thinkers...if P.R. say's FFF'um....We get FFF'd...and are getting FFF'd accross the board....

This is the picture that's developing at my center...managers are such company bookworms... they do everything, to the company letter...(an still get skeewered on snapshots) no such thing as free thinkers...if P.R. say's FFF'um....We get FFF'd...and are getting FFF'd accross the board....
I wish I knew what that meant! It was just getting good.

Pay attention

Pay attention to what is happening with purchase vans, where they are coming from and where they are going.
MAU added 2 more yesterday not sure where they are going. There being loaded off the hub. Makes a total of 3 in MAU.
New one added in AUR running to RKI, started last night. Not sure where it goes from there but driver parked off to the side to wait.(US Express)
Already running one like a shuttle from GRR to CGX and back to GRR. This has been confirmed.(Barr Nunn)

:ranting2::Flame-On:

Now with all the cut runs being replaced with purchase vans that don't have a dock option. There is a lack of labor to handle the freight. Hubs are now hiring part time dock works to help cross dock the freight.

Some one made a comment last night that is rather scary. Purchase vans will handle the bids and we will be the extra board.

Scary...Yes. Just keep watching all the new purchase trailers quietly being added.

Now with all the cut runs being replaced with purchase vans that don't have a dock option. There is a lack of labor to handle the freight. Hubs are now hiring part time dock works to help cross dock the freight.

Some one made a comment last night that is rather scary. Purchase vans will handle the bids and we will be the extra board.

Scary...Yes. Just keep watching all the new purchase trailers quietly being added.

I keep telling people that what the company is telling you about the 10 / 50 program or 50 /10 or whatever the FiretrUCK it is, it really is all about 50% of our freight being on PT by 2010.

Pay attention to what is happening with purchase vans, where they are coming from and where they are going.
MAU added 2 more yesterday not sure where they are going. There being loaded off the hub. Makes a total of 3 in MAU.
New one added in AUR running to RKI, started last night. Not sure where it goes from there but driver parked off to the side to wait.(US Express)
Already running one like a shuttle from GRR to CGX and back to GRR. This has been confirmed.(Barr Nunn)

:ranting2::Flame-On:

That's true but there was a pretty big lane imbalance with our outbound. We are picking up quite a bit since it started so I'm not convinced it will last.

When I run to the rch hub....get there about midnight....it looks like a frickin truckstop with all the 53s sitting around. And like you said there isn't enough people to work the freight....more guys sitting at home while Risinger and Star transportation get rich. This just seems morally wrong to me.....These pts are running in both directions now regardless of lane imbalance. Last night they sent a pt from Greenville NC to rch....never saw that before...just bugs me.

That's true but there was a pretty big lane imbalance with our outbound. We are picking up quite a bit since it started so I'm not convinced it will last.

I hope you are right. Don't wish to see our guys at home while a P.T. is running a lane both ways

I don't know about you guys, but the P.T. drivers that come into our terminal are not very safe drivers and don't seem to be all that smart. I have had a few drive behind me when I am lined up for a door and backing up. They park all over the place with no rhyme or reason.