FedEx Freight | It's not funny anymore.

FDV

Not Skippy
Credits
Seattle got their first hub supervisor about 9 months ago and its been a rocky road ever since. He gives 20 minute "preshifts" in the middle of the shift, gets in arguments with people over really trivial things, contradicts himself nonstop, panics right before seal times about three times a week and really doesn't inspire much confidence among the crew. There are many drivers who do every thing they can to avoid going there. Some even pass runs or stay home instead of dealing with him. The last couple weeks have been worse than usual. He is focusing on a couple guys in particular and been seen screaming at them "I am the boss" etc. Friday a 25 yr veteran driver was yelled at then sent to the break room to cool his heels until his gate time. There were trailers ready for him but the supervisor wanted to make an example of him and called a meeting to point out what he had done. The supervisor forbid the FLC to give him trailers. At this point, the driver said "see ya" and BOBTAILED home and turned in his keys.

This guy is the subject of many HR complaints and is doing more to harm productivity than good. The operation runs in spite of him not because of him. He has alienated most of his work force. The time has come for a change. We used to have laugh at his expense but no one is smiling anymore.

Knowing the SCM there, what would happen if all the drivers went up to his office and told him that they were going to call HR about this douche and that they will not work for him because he's created a hostile work environment and belittles the employees in front of other employees. You have to get the words "hostile workplace" in there and maybe that you feel threatened by him, that you are afraid that workplace violence may erupt.

That puts the ball in his court. With witnesses. So, should a push occur or a punch thrown, management had been informed of a dangerous situation and took no action. I'd say that also. "If something happens, it's with your knowledge and if it happens, you condone the hostile work environment."

This ass needs to be gone.

[quote author=Franklin link=topic=79830.msg827047#msg827047 date=1273018324]
Knowing the SCM there, what would happen if all the drivers went up to his office and told him that they were going to call HR about this douche and that they will not work for him because he's created a hostile work environment and belittles the employees in front of other employees. You have to get the words "hostile workplace" in there and maybe that you feel threatened by him, that you are afraid that workplace violence may erupt.

That puts the ball in his court. With witnesses. So, should a push occur or a punch thrown, management had been informed of a dangerous situation and took no action. I'd say that also. "If something happens, it's with your knowledge and if it happens, you condone the hostile work environment."

[/quote]

The SEA SCM is as big of a douche as the Night Sup is. He doesn't care about drivers, well theres one he cares about but that guy is doing after hours work under the SCM's desk.

4Digit your are probably gonna have to go way above the SCM's head here. Good luck to ya bro.

Is it just me but why is it every time there is a jerk that runs the show, they are always around for a long time but if you have a good supervisor that everybody likes, they are not around very long. We were just informed last week that our scm ( Christy W.) was transferring out to another center....sure gonna miss her....she had to be the finest person this dumbass trucker ever worked for.....shame. :iamnotworthy:

TAKE NOTE HARRISON OF THIS HOSTILE WORKPLACE , TROUBLE BREWING...

MAYBE ONE OF OUR DAILY VISITORS FROM CORPORATE WILL TIP OFF THE PEOPLE NEEDED TO LOOK INTO THIS HOSTILE WORKPLACE ENVIRONMENT BEFORE THERE A SERIOUS ACT OF AGGRESSION THAT THE COMPANY WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR BEING THAT IT IS WELL KNOWN THAT THERE IS A ON GOING PROBLEM THERE.

[/quote]

If you mention work place violance they will probably make all of you watch that video again. They think that fixes everything

[quote author=chitownpeddler link=topic=79830.msg827115#msg827115 date=1273027357]

[/quote]

If you mention work place violance they will probably make all of you watch that video again. They think that fixes everything
[/quote]

Hey, it's a half hour of sitting on your ass getting paid. I'll watch it everyday if they want me to.

Its sad that our driver had enough and turned in his keys ... :shift:

Heck ... I'll go sit in the break room and and get paid, we have had this fight already over here ... dock pay does not stop until you get your hooks.

If they want me to sit in the break room ... I'll sit there till hell freezes over

:thumbsup:

[quote author=slackdragon link=topic=79830.msg827238#msg827238 date=1273069016]
Its sad that our driver had enough and turned in his keys ... :shift:

Heck ... I'll go sit in the break room and and get paid, we have had this fight already over here ... dock pay does not stop until you get your hooks.

If they want me to sit in the break room ... I'll sit there till hell freezes over

:thumbsup:
[/quote] You are so right! I know a driver who was just hard- headed and hated working the dock, so he damaged and destroyed a lot of freight. Instead of discipline or coaching that driver he was able to sit in the break room of the clock but drawing delay pay while the rest of us worked the freight. This happened in IND and I am sure some of you know what I am talking about. this went on for 4 or 5 months until the next bid.

Sorry :thumbsup:
I was not trying to give the impression that we damage freight. Our customers are important to us.
maybe I didn't read the story correctly.

You don't yell and scream at your people :rant: ... and you give butt chewings in private. :chairshot:

I am glad I am 30 miles south, in Tacoma, we have very good leadership. I guess Seattle should follow it's little brother to the south's lead. Sorry to hear about your (and all the other folks in Seattle) situation, I have heard rumblings about that place for a while, its too bad when going to work is something you dread.

Ha Ha Ha............. This dude sounds like a personality like Humphrey Bogart portrayed in that movie the "Caine Mutiny".... Does this dude fondle chrome balls in his hands when things arent going his way? LOL

Apparently this guy was in the military for a long time and worked as a prison gaurd as well. Don't know that for a fact, just heard it.

It shows in his management style. He knows the Fedex Corporate handbook front to back, but could sure use some coaching sessions when it comes to human relations, some valium wouldn't hurt either. :shift:

look at the older thread seattle dock beat down. That was him. This guy is the classic disengauged venom spewer. the venom just spwed out of his mouth so easily and he enjoyed every word. fedex could do a lot better and that crew has a tough mission. leadeship is setting the example for others to follow. That guy does not have it in him and should be placed in another position

[quote author=frt hauler link=topic=79830.msg827434#msg827434 date=1273112008]
does the word blanket party come to your mind :dance:
[/quote]ya know ......

It cleans things up pretty good putting a little [glow=red,2,300]soap[/glow] in the sock ....

fellowsaysbygolly

:dance:

[quote author=Roadtrip link=topic=79830.msg827391#msg827391 date=1273104473]
I am glad I am 30 miles south, in Tacoma, we have very good leadership. I guess Seattle should follow it's little brother to the south's lead. Sorry to hear about your (and all the other folks in Seattle) situation, I have heard rumblings about that place for a while, its too bad when going to work is something you dread.
[/quote]

Well, first of all, if you're in Tacoma, you're 17 miles south of the Seattle SC, not 30..

Second, if you think we have "very good leadership", then you have never had very good leadership. What we have here is a lack of leadership. The problem with Seattle is that they are a Hub and they put someone in place that shouldn't be where they are. Simple.

But to say we have good leadership shows that you don't know what that is. Our SCM has a 50' radius from his computer. He makes it as far as dispatch. And that's good for the rest of us.

I wish you knew what it was like to work for someone that you would go the extra mile for because you knew he/she would appreciate it. If you do it now, you take the chance of screwing up and you're on your own. Even if you do well, no one gives a sh*t. Watch your ass and that's all that matters. No one there cares if you go above and beyond. They'll only care if you screw it up.

cartmanrespauth.gif

Respect my authority!