FedEx Freight | It's not just about air frt , this is a good read...

SMOKESTACK

Survival my only hope , success my only option.
Administrator
Credits

Integrating air and LTL freight

FedEx in June plans to complete the consolidation of the Express, Ground and Freight operating companies into one interoperable organization rather than operating three separate networks.

Eliminating duplicate networks, long overdue many analysts say, is expected to further drive permanent operational and infrastructure savings.

On Thursday, management presented a clearer explanation of the Tricolor network redesign, which dovetails with the corporate transformation and positions the airline to chase more freight.

Read it here.

Integrating air and LTL freight

FedEx in June plans to complete the consolidation of the Express, Ground and Freight operating companies into one interoperable organization rather than operating three separate networks.

Eliminating duplicate networks, long overdue many analysts say, is expected to further drive permanent operational and infrastructure savings.

On Thursday, management presented a clearer explanation of the Tricolor network redesign, which dovetails with the corporate transformation and positions the airline to chase more freight.

Read it here.
Good read, yes. Thanks!

"That means diversifying an asset-heavy, high-cost air network that largely relies on the hub-and-spoke system, regardless of yield profile or service commitment, with more flexibility to utilize point-to-point flying, commercial partners and surface transportation."

Sounds like a huge extra board system? As needed...

:popcorn:

“We’re fully leveraging the existing capacity in our trucking networks in the U.S. and Europe. Prior to fiscal 2024, we haven’t really moved any international freight shipment in our market-leading LTL network,” said Subramaniam."

Consolidation, as in F&G will be more combined.
Freight should exist as a stand alone operation, seperate from the other OP-cos aside from the integration of moving aircraft skidded ajd Intl shipments through the Freight network.

Everyone thinks that Freight will be picking up and delivering envelopes.
That ain't happening.
A couple things...

I dont think anyone has suggested that. I don't think the word "envelopes " even appeared in the story.

Oh wait, we do deliver (and pick up) lots of "envelopes" now. Quite a lot. Consolidated USPS stuff.

In fairness, the impact on Freight will be minimal... as a pecentage.

A couple things... I dont think anyone has suggested that. I don't think the word "envelopes " even appeared in the story.

Oh wait, we do deliver (and pick up) lots of "envelopes" now. Quite a lot. Consolidated USPS stuff.

I always thought that politicians were great at picking up envelopes. :idunno:

A couple things...

I dont think anyone has suggested that. I don't think the word "envelopes " even appeared in the story.

I didn't mean envelopes literally. Just the smaller, package freight in general that G&E handles.

This. From fakebook FXFE group:

"Anybody else seeing a lot of Express Heavyweight coming in there terminal? At first I was hearing we would be getting the F2 and F3 from Express but now hearing even the overnight and international heavy weight shipments. That’s all of the Express Heavyweight!"

This. From fakebook FXFE group:

"Anybody else seeing a lot of Express Heavyweight coming in there terminal? At first I was hearing we would be getting the F2 and F3 from Express but now hearing even the overnight and international heavy weight shipments. That’s all of the Express Heavyweight!"

I’ve been seeing more as well. Unfortunately, that doesn’t help the linehaul side of things much really.

My question,

How are they getting the inbound to fhe Freight terminals?
Coming off the aircraft, is a Freight driver there to receive them, then taken to the respective terminal to be sent out for delivery?

My question,

How are they getting the inbound to fhe Freight terminals?
Coming off the aircraft, is a Freight driver there to receive them, then taken to the respective terminal to be sent out for delivery?
Wouldn’t be surprised if Raj starts using contractors to start moving heavyweight freight to Freight terminals for us to move. I wonder if the customers know that what they paid a premium for to put it on a plane is actually moving in its entirety on a truck in most cases lol. Instead of another color coded rainbow strategy let’s just call it what it is and send a freight truck to pick it up.

One heavyweight shipment I moved never touched an aircraft in its entire movement in our system. Haha we have slimy used car salesmen running this outfit.

Last edited: