FedEx Freight | It's official

Franklin

TB Veteran
Credits
We had meetings yesterday about the CSA 2010 or whatever it's called.

Had to punch in on "education", then we had a "sub" punch in.

You ready for what it was called?

"Non-People"

They have quit pretending that we are even people to them.

Priceless.

Why must u put a negative spin on every one of your posts? Why u so miserable Franklin? It stands for "non-people development" training. You know, they make all those cheesey movies we are forced to watch year after year. Watching videos we scan to "people" everything else we scan "non-people". You should have paid more attention to the CSA2010 info and worry less about kronos functions. CSA2010 will result in some of us loosing our ability to keep and/our renew our CDLs'...better pay attention boys and girls or I forsee many bump-bids in the near future
:shift:

heck ... without Franklin ... who else would I laugh at and pick on :rant:... sometimes he makes some sense :iamnotworthy:... hey I said sometimes, so don't get the big head franlkin .... :chairshot:

I guess if I was a new driver with the company this would be a great job. I would jump out of my KW or Volvo, jump on my yellow Toyota and zoom around the dock for the next six hours, then drive home. Everything is right with the world. I'm making a decent wage, I have a pension plan (for the time being), insurance and a 401K. If you work out of a hub, your looking good. If you working out of a spoke with a lot of high seniority drivers, then things aren't so glamorous. At my little spoke terminal it takes 23 years of seniority to get off a shuttle run. Going from a line driver to a dock worker is a bitter pill to swallow, not to mention the financial loss you suffer. Personally I'm making 25 percent less then I did two years ago, and I'm doing more physical labor. As time goes on the old guys will fade into the sunset, and maybe you new guys will be lucky enough to get where we were two years ago, but I doubt it. Dealing with Hootersville is like dealing with a third world country.

I just did my DMV physical. Blood pressure was 132/80 I got a two year medical card. The state of California is happy, the DVM is happy, and I was happy until I got a letter from Hootersville telling me to change my medical card to one year because according to there records I have secondary hypertension. My wife who is a medical professional (RN) talk to the desk jockey who sent the letter. My wife explained to the non medical desk jockey that secondary hypertension is elevated blood pressure due to diseased kidneys. My kidneys are just fine.Look it up if you think I'm blowing smoke. I've decided to seek legal advise. This is why I keep saying Hootersville is like dealing with a third world country. I do my share of negative posts, and for the most part I think Franklin knows what he is talking about. For all you newbie's out there, if your still around in twenty years, your attitude might change. By then Franklin and I will be in that big truck stop in the sky, saying " I told you so" Happy Trails. TP

Fedex and the guys on top only care about one thing and one thing only. Money. Just look at the people who are top level in management and are on the board of directors. Fat lazy white men who were born into privledge. No wonder they constantly look down on the people who work around here and everywhere else they go...look up the meaning of the word entrainment..as an example. You take 10 females and put them together in the same house for like 90 days and by that time they will adjust to one another and begin their menstrual cycles at the same time...Well it is the same sort of thing happening at Fedex. The people in management have become entrained to look down on employees and they all have this attitude as such. They send and recieve email messages amongs themselves and have phone conversations and meetings and classes and the topic is usually about a drivers or dockworkers somewhere and this plan or idea they have to improve those workers. It is consistant so they have become entrained into thinking, acting out, and looking at >> US<< this way...Now you apply entrainment to senior level management and their consistant communication and interaction amongs their elite group. You see the negativity they have developed when you have a senior vice president incharge of operations refer to employees as venom spewers ( snakes ) or activly disengaged and so on...that little slip of the tounge opend the window just enough to let me see and guys like my good friend Franklin here what is on the other side of the curtain...the only thing we can do is stick together and push back hard as drivers and dockworkers. Only then will they respect us.

[quote author=HankTheTank link=topic=82527.msg852886#msg852886 date=1280497108]
Why must u put a negative spin on every one of your posts? Why u so miserable Franklin? It stands for "non-people development" training. You know, they make all those cheesey movies we are forced to watch year after year. Watching videos we scan to "people" everything else we scan "non-people". You should have paid more attention to the CSA2010 info and worry less about kronos functions. CSA2010 will result in some of us loosing our ability to keep and/our renew our CDLs'...better pay attention boys and girls or I forsee many bump-bids in the near future
:shift:
[/quote]

Are you serious? When I punch in and am told I'm a "Non-People", what the hell am I supposed to think?

I guess you don't get the gentle jibe. They could have named the classification anything in the world, yet they go with "non-people". WTF? I don't know exactly what it means, but I DO know that those that let it go don't have a clue to managing people. I don't care if they hate us, and they do, but for God's sake, at least PRETEND that you walk the walk. If you listen to MM 18, good lord, employees are the only reason FedEx is in business. We all know that's a crock of S, but don't put it out there that we are less than human. Jesus.

Why the negative spin? Look at this company from a driver's perspective. They don't trust us at all. That's why they have GPS to find out where we are. They "say" it's for customer information, but it's to to see if we are where we say we are. We're not stupid. (Ok, we're not as bright as 24 year old Harrison cubicle dwellers who make spreadsheets work, but we're not, for the most part, Glenn Beck stupid.)

This industry is not rocket science. You pick stuff up, and you deliver it. You do your best to make as much money as you can doing so of course, but when you alienate the very people that do the actual work and tell them in less than subtle ways that they are a dime a dozen, you find yourself inventing ways to make shortcuts to make money. The REAL way to make money is to make sure your employees don't feel unappreciated and an impediment.

Not ONE of the SC managers make a freaking delivery. The drivers do. The dock loads it, the driver delivers it. Make the dock or the P&D operation more complicated than it has to be and you cost yourself money. They haven't learned that yet, though hundreds of years of transportation has more than enough lessons to learn. What we have in place of history is people who think that the simple act is more complicated than it is.

1. Take care of your customers. Period. If you know they need a liftgate to get the driver out of there an hour earlier, put the damn freight on a LG and not charge the customer $65. You'll save more in getting the driver out of there quicker than you will with a LG charge, and possibly losing the customer.

2. Take care of your employees. Let them feel important. Talk down to them, micromanage every aspect of their day, write them up for silly made up problems, and you get a work force of people that do only what they need to do to get by. Not a force of people that will innovate and work their butts off. You buy mediocrity when you alienate your work force. You get sub par performance which you then try to justify by programs like Snapshot. Instead of paying attention to the business, you pay attention to internal mandates and numbers which have no real impact on if your customer loves you or effing hates you.

That's it. Something the founders of both Viking and AF understood in their bones. Take care of your customers, take care of your employees.

Hank the Tank, I don't know if you're a new guy or just a redshirt, I'm not miserable. Well, in a sense I am I guess. I know what this company could do if they bought into the simple fact that those doing the work knows what works instead of paying college grads with no experience to run this company.

The CSA 2010? Our meeting giver was unprepared. He made false statements because he confused FedEx policy with Federal policy. What CSA boils down to is this, don't get pulled over for something stupid. Don't speed, don't tailgate. I still don't know where I stand if my brakes are out of adjustment. We aren't allowed to adjust our brakes. It didn't take a 30 minute meeting. We asked questions that he had no answer for. That's what he's paid for? Good lord, I could learn more on line. And the only way you would lose your ability to keep your CDL is if you're a piece of crap driver and you should lose it.

I'm not worried about Kronos "functions". I'm more worried about how someone would think that putting a level of payroll named "non-people" would be ok. I mean, WTF? They preach about how important we are, yet allow this to occur. Just how "engaged" is a Non-People supposed to be.?

It's the little things. It's ALWAYS the little things.

We dont have meetings at our terminal in Cleveland?...What is a CSA? are you guys talking about our terminal?...we refer to one of our dispatchers as the "Henchman"....The Wall of shame..The harrassment Hallway..I'm sure you have heard of it..Dude gets off on treating everyone as a 2 year old..I actually can say that i hate this person..I watched him tonight walk a driver down the dock to see if he was really "full" I could care less if he gets fired...he is a cancer here yes, i am talking about 1 person and one person only....Everyone here is pissed and angry..Place is falling apart because of this one individual, talking down to us treating us like crap..What is going on? Do you really think guys are gonna hustle and work hard for someone who be-littles us and treats drivers like crap?...I dont think so...Calls will soon be flowing to Intouch...But i dont think it matters...Seriously , nobody seems to care anymore..Really ... Really.. Sad state of affairs here...I'm burnt out, tired of this crap... :hissy:

[quote author=gaspump link=topic=82527.msg853162#msg853162 date=1280541139]
We dont have meetings at our terminal in Cleveland?...What is a CSA? are you guys talking about our terminal?...we refer to one of our dispatchers as the "Henchman"....The Wall of shame..The harrassment Hallway..I'm sure you have heard of it..Dude gets off on treating everyone as a 2 year old..I actually can say that i hate this person..I watched him tonight walk a driver down the dock to see if he was really "full" I could care less if he gets fired...he is a cancer here yes, i am talking about 1 person and one person only....Everyone here is pissed and angry..Place is falling apart because of this one individual, talking down to us treating us like crap..What is going on? Do you really think guys are gonna hustle and work hard for someone who be-littles us and treats drivers like crap?...I dont think so...Calls will soon be flowing to Intouch...But i dont think it matters...Seriously , nobody seems to care anymore..Really ... Really.. Sad state of affairs here...I'm burnt out, tired of this crap... :hissy:
[/quote]

"CSA" is the government giving you "points" for inspections. If you get too many, you can run the risk of losing your CDL status. It has nothing to do with FedEx, though I'm sure they are creaming their jeans at the chance to get rid of drivers.

If you have a POS dispatcher, you need to have all your guys document his (⊙▃⊙) ways. Date, time, what was said, who it was said in front of. Keep a little notebook in your shirt pocket and make sure he sees you writing in it. Make HR your friend. The words "hostile work environment", "I feel threatened", and "favoritism" have huge meaning to HR kind of people. Use them, and have your buddies use them often. "Lawyer" has a good effect also.

Make it your mission to make this guy's life a living hell. That's what his mission is in regards to you and your buddies, so band together and make him regret getting up in the morning.

It isn't going to change until you shine a light on him. It worked in Seattle. It will work where you are. Make enough noise, and someone will listen.

btw I liked mm 18. Our new prez was brief and to the point. He certainly is a better leader than Duncan donut or this Reed fellow. He said he like his job and the people here and thanked us for being safe. And would make good sense to get a few extra shipments...the right direction.

I take notes and keep a daily Journal of everything that goes on with me in a day..Times, Dates, conversations, Delivery failures...Late pu's etc...Its getting quite full...Have even had all my messages pulled from my hand held and gotten copies of our conversations....I dont use this against anybody, and may never use it..but I will if it becomes necessary...Its just a way to help me remember all this...cuz there is becoming quite a heap. :hyper:

[quote author=gaspump link=topic=82527.msg853220#msg853220 date=1280574725]
I take notes and keep a daily Journal of everything that goes on with me in a day..Times, Dates, conversations, Delivery failures...Late pu's etc...Its getting quite full...Have even had all my messages pulled from my hand held and gotten copies of our conversations....I dont use this against anybody, and may never use it..but I will if it becomes necessary...Its just a way to help me remember all this...cuz there is becoming quite a heap. :hyper:
[/quote]

I knew a guy many moons ago with another company that wrote doewn everything he did all day long like a diary because the boss got on his ass one time.... what a waste of time, any company anywhere anytime can get rid of you and if you think filling out a little log of what you do will help you, you are going to be disappointed...

I hope to retire from FXF but if they decide they no longer want me then so be it... They are not the only place to work in the world.

[quote author=Jeff link=topic=82527.msg853239#msg853239 date=1280579525]
I knew a guy many moons ago with another company that wrote doewn everything he did all day long like a diary because the boss got on his ass one time.... what a waste of time, any company anywhere anytime can get rid of you and if you think filling out a little log of what you do will help you, you are going to be disappointed...

I hope to retire from FXF but if they decide they no longer want me then so be it... They are not the only place to work in the world.
[/quote]

If you can prove wrongful termination, lawyers LOVE those little logs.

[quote author=Franklin link=topic=82527.msg853244#msg853244 date=1280579887]
If you can prove wrongful termination, lawyers LOVE those little logs.
[/quote]

You worry too much Franklin, you need to calm down and enjoy life more....

[quote author=Jeff link=topic=82527.msg853246#msg853246 date=1280580463]
You worry too much Franklin, you need to calm down and enjoy life more....
[/quote]

I enjoy life just fine Jeff and I'm a very calm person. I've just seen it happen to friends and because they didn't "log" what was being done to them, they had no recourse. It's a shot in the dark anyway, but it's a shot. You can't condone bad behavior by doing nothing. If nothing more, you can at least rattle their cages by having a lawyer send them a letter asking for information on your termination. Maybe some mucky muck will get involved and question the guy doing the firing.

[quote author=Jeff link=topic=82527.msg853239#msg853239 date=1280579525]
[/quote]
:biglaugh: Who needs to work Resident Obama is going to pay for my house , car , health care & food from his stash.

[/quote] im like you jeff I dont want to start over but I cant worry everyday. I will do ok no matter where I work

I just heard that every terminal,oops, service center will be adding a "koolaid" dispensing machine (small copay) for all drivers and part-time dock workers, so we may drink from it untill were all happy! go Franklin go!