ABF | I've never been one to start a rumor.......

Why would they be dumping the supply chain warehouses?
I thought this was a very large part of their total logistics program?

Wow here we Old Overniter's thought we were going with a famous brand global company that would give us as much security as we could ever have in our working lives.

But this just goes to show when a very large company owns you they can do just what they want with you.
Slice,and dice,or give you the boot altogther.

Myself,and all of my co-workers have been speculating on this ABF buy-out rumor.
That UPS could take the best equipment,and properity from each company,then sell off the junk.

If this is actually the plan,whats going to happen with the workers of both companies?

Time is going to tell,two more days and we'll all see how true this rumor is.

APO. Even if this happens, I think if it did, It would be nothing more then a name change. UPS has too much involved in its supply chain too get rid of it completely.

SCS Is comprised of about 20 different companies, this is why it is called and labeled SCS, you merge all of those companies together, and you have too call the business something.

I have heard from the menlo guys in this area that they have been called "Cartage Services" But have nothing advertising thier name, uniforms, letterhead, trucks, etc etc.Well thier is a small mention of this on the door of thier new trucks, but very small lettering, you need a magnifying glass to see it from a distance.

I do not find this impractical,. Ill bet there will be no announcement at all and someone is blowing a little smoke in our direction, reading these post's and laughing, showing us just how limited they are in entertainment after woirk.

But look who is calling the kettle black.:smilie_132:

I am not here trying to start anything, But a Holland we haul some UPS Supply Chain Solutions freight. That is what it says on the bill for the shipper. My brother works for UPS Freight, we were at a customer together and I showed to him. He thought that they would be hauling it eventually, and probably phase out Holland. But then again who knows we are just truck drivers!!! The freight was chemicals; I think it was flown into O’Hare airport. Maybe it was our next day service that was the reason. Like I said who knows??? We see a lot of freight from UPS Supply Chain Solutions though.

Funny thing is the way the Teamsters are going about unionizing us it almost seems like they don't want us unionized?
They put out card for everybody.
As soon as the first terminal voted to be represented by the Teamsters all the cards were taken away for any other terminal.
Then they say we can't have any part of being in the NM FA,even though we are a LTL freight company.
and Freight is all covered under the NM FA.

They are drawing up a custom made contract,a couple days a month,since Sept.6th of 2006,with no information about whats in it,or when it will be complete.
In the mean time,the rest of the company can't become Teamsters if we all wanted it now?

You talk about commitment,it doesn't even look like your Teamster organization is completely commited to organizing us any time soon?

first when looking at the big picture on organizing you guys you have to take into account several things

1- last time around you guys were scared and held back:hide:
maybe the teamsters want more of a sure thing to work with, namely the card check agreement
unfortunately the card check agreement is for only one terminal
indianopolis was chosen obviously for two main reasons
1- the amount of support (signed cards) along with a very important factor
2- the local there represents both regular ups guys along with nmfa companies
this local has the experience to negotiate a good deal more than likely including the best language from both contracts
in my area for instance several locals represent freight and ups guys have another local
this is a situation ripe for a jurisdictional dispute
in order to avoid complicating any possible agreement why not go somewhere to negotiate where you have a definite strong support from the men along with a single teamster entity making that process less complicatedwise strategy i think

you say why not just sign the nmfa?
easier said then done
you would need an overwhelming amount of ups freight terminals to be on board to accomplish that
if each of your termianals sign cards like indy did then forcing the company to recognize the NMFA would not be as hard as it would be at this moment
based on what happened in the past i don't see that scenario developing
you guys actually forced this strategy to be employed
in addition ups for years had an aversion to be part of any multi employer fund or contract for that matter but couldn't wiggle out of it (h&w fund)
they've been trying for years to no avail
and as far as the national ups agreement there are no other companies in that
are there?
it is an obvious conclusion that ups wants sole control over what they want or do not want and not be bound by what a multi company organization (TMI) decides to do
for example that association almost wrecked a bunch of companies that went along for the ride back in 94 in spite of their objections to the strategy TMI forced into the contract negotiations
ups wishes to guide their own destiny

now with you guys there is a door that is wide open for that to happen

the teamsters want you guys and the company wants not to include you in the multi employer plan

my take on the situation is if the teamsters insist on your inclusion in the NMFA negotiations would break down
be patient

I am not here trying to start anything, But a Holland we haul some UPS Supply Chain Solutions freight. That is what it says on the bill for the shipper. My brother works for UPS Freight, we were at a customer together and I showed to him. He thought that they would be hauling it eventually, and probably phase out Holland. But then again who knows we are just truck drivers!!! The freight was chemicals; I think it was flown into O’Hare airport. Maybe it was our next day service that was the reason. Like I said who knows??? We see a lot of freight from UPS Supply Chain Solutions though.

SCS is nothing more than the logistics arm of UPS.
The job of any logistics firm is to supply the best service for the best price to it's customers regardless of who the carrier is.

If any company other than UPSF can provide the service and the price they can get the freight. Just because SCS and UPSF are affiliated does not mean getting the freight is a done deal. It may help but there are no guarantees.

Just a reminder that this is the ABF forum.

Please take all posts regarding union/ non union issues to the union/ non union debate forum.

Thanks

Nmfa

Good answer Big Steve even if may belong in another thread. This topic created a lot of interest & I guess we may have gotten carried away & took it too far here.

Good answer Big Steve even if may belong in another thread. This topic created a lot of interest & I guess we may have gotten carried away & took it too far here.

I think that is what counts. As long as every poster shows each other respect it makes it not only very interesting and good reading.
But will make Truckingboards keep on growing and be a force to unite truckers and keep them informed.
In this day and age we all need to band together union or nonunion.:1036316054:

It is a good topic for debate DCM Doc. I just don't want it to monopolize the ABF forum. I know threads sometimes have a mind of there own and take off in different directions but it's not fair to members of union employees to have to listen to anti union comments in their own forums just as we won't allow union talk in the non union forums.
We made the union/ non union forum exactly for this reason.:1036316054:

Thanks

I think that is what counts. As long as every poster shows each other respect it makes it not only very interesting and good reading.
But will make Truckingboards keep on growing and be a force to unite truckers and keep them informed.
In this day and age we all need to band together union or nonunion.:1036316054:

Thats right Skeeter :1036316054:. It's not about beating each other up or putting people down. It's about people from all over talking about something we all have in common.

Just a reminder that this is the ABF forum.

Please take all posts regarding union/ non union issues to the union/ non union debate forum.

Thanks

Sorry I won't make another post here, The ABF forum, didn't mean to ruffle anyones feathers.:smilie_132:

........but, I have it from a good source its a done deal. The announcement will come June 19th that UPS has purchased the largest, stand alone union carrier left in these great states.

ABFUPS?

Seriously though, wouldn't this be a monopoly?

If this does happen, how are a non and a union ltl going to dovetail?

I don't believe this will happen and I am going to wait patiently until June 19th and I will believe it when I see it.

Buster Brown does have deep pockets, but ABF does too. And as Apostolic and Skeeter have said: Time will tell.:1036316054:

I thought Teamster 251 posted that this buy-out would be anounced on June 18th?
Well here we are its June 18th today.
Now you say its June 19th 2631?
After all of this time I guess a day or two won't matter.
Yes time is going to tell if this is a true story,or just a big joke from T251?

He may of posted this to see what his fellow truckingboard members would do with it.

Well in a very short time we shall see if he was just messing with all of us,or not?

I thought Teamster 251 posted that this buy-out would be anounced on June 18th?
Well here we are its June 18th today.
Now you say its June 19th 2631?
After all of this time I guess a day or two won't matter.
Yes time is going to tell if this is a true story,or just a big joke from T251?

He may of posted this to see what his fellow truckingboard members would do with it.

Well in a very short time we shall see if he was just messing with all of us,or not?
........but, I have it from a good source its a done deal. The announcement will come June 19th that UPS has purchased the largest, stand alone union carrier left in these great states.
I don't think that he would have posted it on the ABF site if he didn't think that it was true. I doubt that he did it as a joke.

Okay gent's first of all we have bouted about this before, ABF is the best in the longhaul market, much better then UPSF will ever think of being. Where UPSF wins is in the interegional freight, we haul a tons of it, more then ABF does, we have been compared to, NEMF, and NEWPENN, Two of our biggest competitor's in this sector.

Next there will not be a monopoly in the freight sector, there are more then the popular carriers, yellow, roadway , fedex, etc. etc. that are moving freight.

I am anctious for tomorrow, see if this good source mite come through for T251.

Our company just finished dropping off pallets of UPSF decals at all the ABF terminals to surpise ya'll tomorrow. Put that duck tape lettering on there nicely. :nutkick: :chairshot: :butt kiss: :toxic: