Yellow | Jack Cooper?

Cooper would probably go after the supply side of the auto industry. A lot of equipment and facilities that could be utilized for consolidation of supply chain components.Universal is big in the Midwest ( union companies) a company I believe owned by Maroon family.
I don’t think there is enough supply side to warrant buying an entire LTL network. I guess they could part some of it out and keep what they wamt

If you start in Virginville (now renamed Strasburg), go thru Intercourse to get to Paradise, you end in either Bird in Hand or Blue Ball…. And it’s all on the Strasburg Railroad map!
Gotta love those old railroad names. Trouble is, after you get to Paradise, if you didn't go through Top Hat first, you may be "on the hook" at Support City.

If you start in Virginville (now renamed Strasburg), go thru Intercourse to get to Paradise, you end in either Bird in Hand or Blue Ball…. And it’s all on the Strasburg Railroad map!
You can turn right on 7th, off US 30 in Clarence, go 1 block, turn right, go 1 block turn right again, turn right then at the stop sign onto 30, and you would have never left downtown Clarence, and seen Big Dave’s hat from all 4 sides.

There is still a Virginville in Pa. It is just west of Kutztown. Lots of "less than desirable" people there

Why would Cooper buy them now?
The teamster pension funds should purchase Yellow's assets and restart it.
Then they can pay a fair wage and still generate a profit.
Hire all teamster managers and the job will be much better managed than every other LTL Carrier

Why would Cooper buy them now?mii
I worked for YRC until 2017. I now work for Jack Cooper. We were told at the last union meeting that at most they would start with 12-15k of the employees. This will be a brand new company. Take that with a grain of salt. We’re supposed to find out more at the next meeting.