Yellow | Jack Cooper?

Jack Cooper filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy in 2019. Since then, the new owners Solus Alternative Asset Management have pledged to invest at least $20 million per year and adding 100 new car carriers per year though 2023.

This is strange. I can understand pushing around a nationwide huge company like BofA, but does Cooper have those deep pockets??
No, they went bankrupt 4 years ago and are much smaller than most LTL carriers. Which makes this all the more preposterous. If they somehow come up with $2b it will all be debt and they will be in the same Yellow was in. This is dead on arrival.

This is strange. I can understand pushing around a nationwide huge company like BofA, but does Cooper have those deep pockets??
Cooper is private owned. The could keep former Yellow as a separate entity and change the name and offer new stock and raise capital to fund their expansion in to the LTL industry. Stock could be as an IPO or additional stock to expand YRC. Who knows. Unfortunately BK has been a tool that has been used just to get banks to refinance at lower interest rates to help companies or to completely eliminate debt. Sadly the workers are the ones who financed a huge share of Yellow, YRC or Yrcw or what ever name they decided to use.

Hmm, so they like to be called the Firm...

Solus Alternative Asset Management LP ("Solus" or the "Firm") is a SEC-registered, private investment advisor. The Firm specializes in event-driven, distressed and special situation investment opportunities

I wonder if it has the same board of directors as the movie???

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0106918/

thefirm-09.jpg

Hmm, so they like to be called the Firm...

Solus Alternative Asset Management LP ("Solus" or the "Firm") is a SEC-registered, private investment advisor. The Firm specializes in event-driven, distressed and special situation investment opportunities

I wonder if it has the same board of directors as the movie???

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0106918/

thefirm-09.jpg
Deep Throat and Popeye Doyle are on the Board????