FedEx Freight | Job Bids not being posted!

LeeHoFook

TB Lurker
Credits
Is it me or are job's being filled without going on the job bid boards where everyone can have a chance to move around if they want and if this is true, I thought it was company policy to post any and all jobs. Just curious to see how it is handled at your location.

I think otown is saying that the terminals with jobs are not all puting them up on the web. They may hire off the street with out posting the position on the job list. I am just guessing at what otown is talking about. But this is what i think otown means.

I think they have to post it to have a job # to apply to since it's all online. Unless, it's for road, I have heard of them moving city guys to road then posting the city job on the internet. Exspecially when they know they will fill it in-house, since they have first take anyway

Correct Sharpshooter. I see people are hired to Linehaul without the job being posted. In some cases linehaul is filled by a city driver at that location. FedEx Freight will post the job and offer it through the system by job class. Example, opening for Linehaul goes on the board, everyone in linehaul gets to put in a transfer and if there is no takers it goes to city and then outside if city does not take it. Anyway's' Sharpshooter I'M not complainig I have my 600 mile a day run, it's just not fair to the other drivers.

Here at National the job is offered to locally domiciled city drivers first then it's posted to other centers then it goes to the outside. That's the way it should be IMO.

[quote author=Otown link=topic=82016.msg849161#msg849161 date=1279646843]
If that is the policy they need to stick to it Sharpshooter. They bend the rules when it fits them.
[/quote] They sure do!!!

CHR puts up all job postings on the billboard down the hall on the right between the ladies and mens room. I think they do this once a month.

[quote author=isom09 link=topic=82016.msg849793#msg849793 date=1279787203]
CHR puts up all job postings on the billboard down the hall on the right between the ladies and mens room. I think they do this once a month.
[/quote] Perfect place for it, right next to the craper