Estes | Joining estes

Guess it depends on how old you are, how much longer are you planning to work, is having Cadillac insurance of more importance to you than a little extra pay? City or road? Location? Give us your life story then we can assess more accurately.

40 married 2 kids. City driver. Location is chesapeake va
Oh ten fo, it may be advantageous perhaps. E has a pretty strong presence in that area, nice sized terminal around 80 doors, company shop as well. Their hourly rate should be right around $30, maybe minus a quarter or so, overtime after 50. As far as the particulars of start times and normal hours worked per week I do not know. They always seem to have some freight left over on Friday’s, if you needed extra cash you could run Linehaul Saturday or Sunday if ya want. If you aren’t losing 5 weeks of vacation or a really early start time you love it may be worth it to make the move. I did some time at Holland, as much as I liked the job I just didn’t see it being sustainable for the 40 more years I needed to work and I am glad I made the move.

Only been with yellow for 5 years. The insurance is great but our terminal is real small and I'm looking for the opportunity for more hrs and overtime. I had 1 of there drivers talk me into to it. He mentioned something about them getting quarterly bonuses and something about working with fema...

Only been with yellow for 5 years. The insurance is great but our terminal is real small and I'm looking for the opportunity for more hrs and overtime. I had 1 of there drivers talk me into to it. He mentioned something about them getting quarterly bonuses and something about working with fema...
There’s a yearly bonus for no accidents for all drivers, the dock and city I believe get a claims bonus yearly as well but Linehaul does not, I’m not well versed on how much, I think it varies by terminal and how well it performs. Fema work is only available during a natural disaster, normally hurricanes on the east coast, and Covid. The TM picks the guys to send for that and they go wherever and do whatever for Fema and are paid 24 hours a day for all the days you’re gone, for the most part. No guarantee you’ll go though, at my terminal it seems like the same guys are picked to go over and over again.

Frootloop is correct about fema you probably will not get to do that being at the bottom of the board and OT is regulated pretty tight so dont count on much.