FedEx Freight | July 5,2010

I stated on an earlier post that we would be closed on Monday July 5th for the holiday. At that time several people jumped in and said I didn't know what I was talking about. I'll try it one more time. We will be closed for the most part on Monday July 5th for the holiday TP.

[quote author=Twice Pipes link=topic=81391.msg840047#msg840047 date=1277342895]
I stated on an earlier post that we would be closed on Monday July 5th for the holiday. At that time several people jumped in and said I didn't know what I was talking about. I'll try it one more time. We will be closed for the most part on Monday July 5th for the holiday TP.
[/quote]

So are we gonna be closed on July 5th?

roog

July 5,2010

I was told a few months ago by HR that we were working. Now the bosses are saying were off on the 5th.

There will be a limited amount of local work to service the few customers who will be open for business. As far as line haul goes, if you have a 3-2 lay down bid and Monday is your short week, then you will be making your normal run on Monday night. The rest of line haul should go back to work on Tuesday. TP

Re: July 5,2010

[quote author=fed875 link=topic=81391.msg840086#msg840086 date=1277354713]
I was told a few months ago by HR that we were working. Now the bosses are saying were off on the 5th.
[/quote]
And you believed HR??????????????????????????

We were told that the terminal will be closed. Last week we were told that we are going to have 20% of the drivers on call. Here we made plans for the weeked and now we might have to work. At our barn we have drivers with 12yrs + with the company and they are at the bottom of the road board and believe it or not..... Yes they are on call the 5th of July. What they need to do is have 20% on call BASED on company seniority.

There is aposting in our breakroom dated june 7th from corporate communications that all AM and PM bids for the 5th are cancelled and there will be no hub operations.