Yellow | Jump for Joy

Just curious if this goes down to a no vote victory. Do we all jump up and down and celebrate?
Celebrate what?
The $500 unemployment check when I can't make it on nine?
Or the nonunion world which awaits?

I guess the guys whose wives pay the bills can celebrate as they sit home and feather dust.
15 years of paying too much for a mortgage gone....great.
Ho long till I get the rate I'm getting now?
And how many years to get three weeks vacation?
Probably not in this lifetime. Celebrate.
Boy we really showed them.
Great.

slavenomore you are correct.Ive been through three freight company shutdowns and i see no union jobs out there and you bet the nonunion company's will not hire us.

Papa they will hire you do you wana work there for junk bennies and no ot is the question. ?.this is gona be bad for all union labor no matter how it goes down

I remember once watching the shutdown of an auto plant on tv and as the last car went across the line everyone started cheering except for one guy who could clearly be heard saying ( I don't know what there so happy about we just lost our jobs)

Vote No !!

:crybaby::crybaby::crybaby:

At least wait till the votes are counted to start whining.

Last edited by a moderator:
I used to work for a non union carrier and when you hit 7 years they gave out 3 weeks vacation, funny thing is most never made it to 8 years because they got fired for all kinds of silly things guess they didn't like people taking 3 weeks off with pay

Celebrate what?

I guess the guys whose wives pay the bills can celebrate as they sit home and feather dust.
Great.
come over to abf. We will give u 3 weeks vacation. After 15 years of service of course. Hell, we'll even give u 2 weeks with 8 years of service. That's the kind of deal yes votes will get ya

Guys fighting for nothing we all want the same thing a lively hood for our family ..if you vote yes or no your choice ...but like I said before its gona be bad no matter what.im former roadway (yrc) now abf and it sucks all around ...but one thing I never did was point a finger at my brothers for their opinion...I hope and pray it works out for us all yes or no voters ...praying for yrcw to survive but if it does not I pray for all my yrcw brothers ...

They just couldnt ask to extend the current concessions, as is they tried to break one off inin us without kissing us first. Rub salt in our wounds. If this vote goes no, Im staying. If it goes yes then I'm leaving because in 2 years they will bend us over again. A lot of the non unions are paying the same anyways

Celebrate what?

Great.

I would love to get $500 a month in unemployment. I have a disabled wife and I can run my house with the $320 a week that I get. If you haven't been getting your affairs in order since the last round of concessions, shame on you.....