Estes | Junky loaner Tractors

They aren't going to rent you a tractor.They'd rather send you home. They stopped renting tractors several years ago because it cost to much. Yes, loaners are usually junk. All the decent trucks are assigned. If you go cry to central and they force your terminal to give you a truck, guess what? That's someones assigned truck you're going to take. Now youre forcing your loaner on to another driver. Don't be that guy. We all have to drive worn out junk every now and then. Do your time in it and move on..
I'm glad we never had assigned equipment, I had a bunch of guys help me drive the junkers.

They aren't going to rent you a tractor.They'd rather send you home. They stopped renting tractors several years ago because it cost to much. Yes, loaners are usually junk. All the decent trucks are assigned. If you go cry to central and they force your terminal to give you a truck, guess what? That's someones assigned truck you're going to take. Now youre forcing your loaner on to another driver. Don't be that guy. We all have to drive worn out junk every now and then. Do your time in it and move on..
Thats what i do but some of the loaners are unsafe. There was one where the seat sat on the floorborad it was broke and would not raise up and the steering wheel would not stay in place either kept plopping down. Im not a great big person to sit that low and i drove it for one day then told them no it was unsafe. There is a difference in being junkie and one being unsafe.

When I worked at Dayton Freight, this was a constant complaint=junky loaner/spares. Somebody then came with an idea to start allocation of a certain number of brand new tractors would be ‘shop loaner/spare’ at nearly every service center. Within a few months those brand new tractors were just as trashed out as the older worn out units.
Needless to say that experiment ended.

Thats what i do but some of the loaners are unsafe. There was one where the seat sat on the floorborad it was broke and would not raise up and the steering wheel would not stay in place either kept plopping down. Im not a great big person to sit that low and i drove it for one day then told them no it was unsafe. There is a difference in being junkie and one being unsafe.

Raise up the seat by hand and jam a chock block under it, tarp strap the steering column to the dash and you're good to go. What's the problem?

Popeye was teaching Olive Oyl how to drive in a vehicle like that