Yellow | Just decertify!!!!

newpenn107

TB Regular
Credits
paycuts, no pension, lose vacation, 4 hour part timers, weekend work at straight time, road making pick ups and deliveries, etc etc...
lets just paint over our company names and call us TWAT's....(Teamsters without a team)
and don't waste your breath telling me we could be without a job.. thats old hat..
Clean house at yrc!!! get rid of all the upper management who make the decisions before you come to us asking for more!!!
you want to take vacations as soon as this goes into effect?? they pay into the pension the same way. NOT wait until june so you can screw us out of another full year benefit!!!

hey new penn, I work for yrc and u r right, I say get rid of the local and international, I would vote to decertify this union fast.

So we vote No, we are done..... No second vote...... By taking a stand and puffing out our chests with our pride, we walk away with our pride and our empty pockets... No money and no vacation....... If you think our NO vote will break them, it will only break us......

The decertify was for those who think we should vote this in. Because basically you are destroying the union and the contract in the future.
dfb1501... It has nothing to do with puffing our chest out. The union won't take a stand and fight for us, we need to fight for ourselves. Send them back to the table! They don't even have approval from the pension funds yet on the pension proposal yet they are asking us to vote on it!!! They don't have any agreements with the banks or lenders yet...send them back to the table!!! make them pay into the pension effective at time of ratification! how much are they really saving by taking 5 minutes of break time?? thats just their way of saying we are really kicking you in the nuts!!! Not all members have 15 min breaks. so are you telling me they really need that 5 minutes from those that do?? 4 hour partimers... weekend work at straight time.... road guys doing drops and hooks in the yard when we already have bid guys that work the yard... get real!!! they are nickle and diming us all and destroying the contracts that took years !!!!! to build.... they want a yes vote? then give us ownership.. not stock options..but actual stock...the bond holders got stock for their give back.. we got nothing.. Send them back to the table!!!
I'd rather give them a no vote and Maybe they close... than give them a yes vote and destroy our contract/union...

" Open your eyes and look at the facts. The union has the numbers and the union was actively involved in negotiating the agreement"
Open your Eyes!!! This is the 3rd time the union supposedly looked at the numbers!!! And the first 2 times they said this is what the company needs!!! Thats the BS!!

Newpenn107 maybe you should read through all the other LTL forums and see what there companies are up to . At least YOU GET THE RIGHT TO VOTE on your future ! You and ALL your fellow employees have the last say ! When the other LTL companies took away there employees 401k did they get to vote ? When other LTL companies took away pay did they get the right to vote on it ?

The decertify was for those who think we should vote this in. Because basically you are destroying the union and the contract in the future.
dfb1501... It has nothing to do with puffing our chest out. The union won't take a stand and fight for us, we need to fight for ourselves. Send them back to the table! They don't even have approval from the pension funds yet on the pension proposal yet they are asking us to vote on it!!! They don't have any agreements with the banks or lenders yet...send them back to the table!!! make them pay into the pension effective at time of ratification! how much are they really saving by taking 5 minutes of break time?? thats just their way of saying we are really kicking you in the nuts!!! Not all members have 15 min breaks. so are you telling me they really need that 5 minutes from those that do?? 4 hour partimers... weekend work at straight time.... road guys doing drops and hooks in the yard when we already have bid guys that work the yard... get real!!! they are nickle and diming us all and destroying the contracts that took years !!!!! to build.... they want a yes vote? then give us ownership.. not stock options..but actual stock...the bond holders got stock for their give back.. we got nothing.. Send them back to the table!!!
I'd rather give them a no vote and Maybe they close... than give them a yes vote and destroy our contract/union...
One Hunch....you were Redstar before New Penn...Am I right?

3rd time

" Open your eyes and look at the facts. The union has the numbers and the union was actively involved in negotiating the agreement"
Open your Eyes!!! This is the 3rd time the union supposedly looked at the numbers!!! And the first 2 times they said this is what the company needs!!! Thats the BS!!

Is it possible that things continued to worsen after each of those agreements? My eyes are open. I have read every word of the new agreement and all of the supporting information on the teamster page. I have read every published financial report from YRCW for the last two years. I have read every analyst report I could find on the economy the last two years. There are many moving parts to this issue, and the reality is things have changed. YRCW has been decimated by the economy. They have been decimated by the tactics of the non-union companies (who BTW would love to break the union by taking out YRCW). They have been decimated by the banks and the customer concerns of a potential bankruptcy. Things changed. They continued to get worse.

Do I like it? No, but I am not hiding my head in the sand either.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like management. Once again, YRCW is the holding company for a collection of smaller companies. New Penn, Holland, Reddaway, Glen Moore, Chinese logistics, and YRC. All but YRC have been showing profits. YRC loses so much money that it consumes profits from the other entities, and then some. To ask all the other entities to sacrifice even more to reward the management apathy at YRC is not good business strategy. Why do you think the International Union is "hands-off" since this proposal went public? Liability issues concerning membership misrepresentation are on the table here.

np107 should go work at estes at straight time for the first 55 hours,pay for your own healtcare,and be sent home before his eight hours are up because theres no work and maybe he would realize we dont have it that bad yet.

np107 should go work at estes at straight time for the first 55 hours,pay for your own healtcare,and be sent home before his eight hours are up because theres no work and maybe he would realize we dont have it that bad yet.

I'll leave when i want to leave or when the doors close.. I put 23 years in newpenn.. you or anyone else won't decide what I do...if it was that bad at estes then maybe you should get some cards and sign them up. I'm sure they would want to join the union in no time.

I will give up my CDL before I EVER work for a company like that. With the death of the NMFA, non-union freight companies will only get worse.

Newpenn107 maybe you should read through all the other LTL forums and see what there companies are up to . At least YOU GET THE RIGHT TO VOTE on your future ! You and ALL your fellow employees have the last say ! When the other LTL companies took away there employees 401k did they get to vote ? When other LTL companies took away pay did they get the right to vote on it ?

Most of the "other" companies :kicking: are getting wage increases and as far as their 401"s, most companies are going to start matching again..Ever think that this was a ploy from the "other"companies to sway teamsters into voting against the "new" agreement...

:shrug: I have to stop thinking that everything is a conspiracy :bowdown:

As far as getting to vote, well I work for Newpenn so I can keep voting till we get it the YRC way....

Profits are the result of current concessions by the banks and the union. Put them in aNe position where they have to pay pension and full wages plus the interest payments and all of those "profits" disappear.

Do you have CPA credentials? New Penn was profitable before any concessions took place. Holland went profitable after second round of concessions. Reddaway I believe is mostly non-union. Glen Moore is non-union as well as Chinese logistics. Your statement only accurately applies to Holland and YRC. Shall I continue?

YET
let this thing pass and see what ya get shoved at ya in june 2011
it wont stop here if this thing passes and the past concessions prove that
remember that

shoprite in elizabeth is hiring,15 dollars an hour to start,5 years till you get to rate.70 hours a week guaranteed.nights for the rest of your life.wake up already.