Holland | KA and PI closing

mudpuppy

TB Lurker
Credits
Heard right from a terminal manager. PI and KA will cease operation in April. 2 KA drivers to HO. The rest to SB.

I guess I wouldn't be too surprised. Anything is possible anymore. With YT opening I think PI was a matter of time and those guys knew it the last time I was in there.

Ka & Pi closeing

we just found out about this in JA. jackson mi. we were told that there would be 4 guy's from KA transfering to jackson. if anyone knows anything about this-t or f. would you please post here. an also if you know there seniority dates i sure would like to know that too. thank you joe

"IN GOD WE TRUST-VENGEANCE IS MINE SAYETH THE LORD...NO FEAR." INDIAN LARRY R I P

those look like next day service points.
We are hearing that Youngstown will take part of the PI area and we will interline with new Penn for the other part.

Somebody grabbed some official Teamsters Local 364 (Rec'd by B III on every page. That guy loves Rec'd stamps!! :biglaugh:) propaganda and brought it to MI, I saw it this morning.

That makes what- 8 terminals in just over a year? Hey YRC- You're doing it wrong!!!

Good luck to all of the employees affected- Teamster or not. Hopefully the affected employees will be able to find work.

The KA terminal is/was a Velocity Centre before Velocity Centers were Velocity Centers.

FROM WHAT I WAS TOLD:
HO SB and JA are going to handle KA's area, and some KA employees will be able to bump in and follow their work.

YT and New Penn are going to handle PI's area, and some PI employees will be able to (I think) bump into YT by following their work.

Somebody will be along shortly to correct me here if I'm wrong.​

yeah, aint this company something, they will combine these and expand the area and turn it into 2 or more day service because the city runs will be to long and the computer will tell them to hold the freight till they have been ok"d to deliver it. way to go yellow:duh:. another nail in the coffin of this once customer concerned company.(famous quotes from BR regime) 1. im not sending a truck up there for 6 skids. 2. sorry we cant pick that up today sir, we dont have a truck in that area, will it be alright if we could get it tommorow around 5.00pm. 3.sorry we couldnt get that freight to you today because we only sent 1 truck today and it didnt leave the terminal till 1.00pm, yes sir i know we used to have 4 trucks a day in your town but my computer says i can only send 1 now. anybody want to here some more?:popcorn: hey mike g. are you out there:smilie_132:

hey mike g. are you out there:smilie_132:

Call him at the house. Just like the old days. He'd be able to square this away. Him and a couple of the Coopers ought to get together, I'm almost positive every employee of USF Holland would give up some money if we could just have our Management back.

Sometimes we hated them, but they always made sure we were able to provide, the layoff games were never this bad, and the economy didn't matter. They always made sure if you were mad it was because of too much overtime- or too many miles. Everybody secretly likes being mad about making money.​

I wonder how much YRCW would want if us employees got together and tried to buy our company back? I bet a lot of people would jump on board with that, just to get away from the corporate rule?​

The rest of the East (old Red Star) could not be closed until Sept 09 earliest per expansion agreement. Holland had Mars when Sewickly (Red Star) was closed therefore they were not part of expansion agreement. What I don't understand is New Penns term on Nevill Island would be very cramped unless they are moving. Here we go again- Big Announcement next month.