XPO | Keeping their wet dream alive

Dodge Ram

TB Veteran
Credits
Hold on to your hats boys and girls. The week of the 19th is "Keeping their wet dream alive" Yea, you get a piece of stale cake and you get to sign your name on a worthless piece of poster board. When are they going to get the picture that no one cares about it, that this is only a job. It's their wet dream to find more and more ways to screw us. :rant:

[quote author=dodge ram link=topic=79050.msg820090#msg820090 date=1270681464]
Hold on to your hats boys and girls. The week of the 19th is "Keeping their wet dream alive" Yea, you get a piece of stale cake and you get to sign your name on a worthless piece of poster board. When are they going to get the picture that no one cares about it, that this is only a job. It's their wet dream to find more and more ways to screw us. :rant:
[/quote]

Don't eat of the blue frosting, lest you die....

[/quote]

There is no dream...

Like the dinosaurs in Jurassic Park that appeared real...which were nothing more than the imagination of a cinematographer and a computer generated image...this yearly exercise is the same...just an image.

The "dream" died long ago...especially under the tutelage of the current 'leadership'.

It is little more than window dressing for the media...and Kool-Aid for those to willing to imbibe.

I'll pass...again!...

Rat

Call me nieve, call me gullable, call me stupid, call me Henry. I care about the company, I try to make a difference, I try to help out when I can. I do all of this in the name of large, steady paycheck and a future when I will no longer have to work anymore. WTF!!! give me some of that Kool-aid, pass the cake, and where is the black marker pen so I can sign the cheap plastic banner.

[quote author=radman link=topic=79050.msg820681#msg820681 date=1270905402]
Call me nieve, call me gullable, call me stupid, call me Henry. I care about the company, I try to make a difference, I try to help out when I can. I do all of this in the name of large, steady paycheck and a future when I will no longer have to work anymore. WTF!!! give me some of that Kool-aid, pass the cake, and where is the black marker pen so I can sign the cheap plastic banner.
[/quote]your nieve, gullable, stupid and henry. pass the cake !

[quote author=carrot-nutz link=topic=79050.msg820994#msg820994 date=1271005514]
i always pass on signing their little paper...i know my values...i also know i do my best i can do everyday
[/quote]I was told by my SCM refusing to sign is automatic resignation.

[quote author=roadmaster link=topic=79050.msg821100#msg821100 date=1271037607]
i always pass on signing their little paper...i know my values...i also know i do my best i can do everyday
[/quote]

:biglaugh: I guess I was fired 3 years ago then, I haven't signed their stupid little poster since 06. :nono: :chairshot:

[quote author=Rat link=topic=79050.msg820629#msg820629 date=1270879264]
[/quote]

There is no dream...

Like the dinosaurs in Jurassic Park that appeared real...which were nothing more than the imagination of a cinematographer and a computer generated image...this yearly exercise is the same...just an image.

The "dream" died long ago...especially under the tutelage of the current 'leadership'.

It is little more than window dressing for the media...and Kool-Aid for those to willing to imbibe.

I'll pass...again!...

Rat
[/quote]

Are you saying Rat that it is just a wet moment instead of a dream? :smug: Have a glass of kool-aid :guiness: , enjoy the blue frosting :popcorn:, then get back to making a living. Take the celebration for what it is and enjoy a glass with friends. Then it is just getting back to work.

[quote author=doppler link=topic=79050.msg820978#msg820978 date=1271002562]
[quote author=radman link=topic=79050.msg820681#msg820681 date=1270905402]
[/quote]your nieve, gullable, stupid and henry. pass the cake !
[/quote] Nice :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

[quote author=dcmilkwagon link=topic=79050.msg821117#msg821117 date=1271040333]
[/quote]

:biglaugh: I guess I was fired 3 years ago then, I haven't signed their stupid little poster since 06. :nono: :chairshot:
[/quote]
I don't remember how long it's been but I haven't signed in several years. I told our SCM that the whole thing has became a joke because the Palace no longer knows the meaning of Integrity , Honesty , Commitment and the other crap that's on the thing.Also why should we sign the thing when the Palace don't hold up their end. There are several of our drivers that won't sign it any longer.

[quote author=gunner1119 link=topic=79050.msg821964#msg821964 date=1271382595]
[/quote]

[/quote]
I don't remember how long it's been but I haven't signed in several years. I told our SCM that the whole thing has became a joke because the Palace no longer knows the meaning of Integrity , Honesty , Commitment and the other crap that's on the thing.Also why should we sign the thing when the Palace don't hold up their end. There are several of our drivers that won't sign it any longer.
[/quote]

Bottom line to the entire charade is the fact that neither party really thinks it matters anymore.

When you recall the events of the last several years and the attempts at dumbing down the rank and file, it is no real surprise the entire exercise is viewed with disgust and apprehension. I find the whole thing insulting. They think we are stupid. Or at least it appears that way. Constantly working on the next bend over and enhancement injection and as they smile and ask you if you want a piece of cake.

It is just another test of our endurance...and patience.

I am at a loss to understand why they bother. I can't believe they actually think this annual display has any real significance.

This needs to go and it would be one takeaway I would agree with wholeheartedly. The company has made it clear as to how they view their employees...and this 'celebration' doesn't fit.

It is tiring and insulting to be subjected to disingenuos displays promoting employee involvement when your involvement is neither wanted nor appreciated...their only desire is blind and absolute obedience.

I rate this farce right along side of Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny and the Great Pumkin....none of which exist...

Neither does the 'dream'...

Rat

[quote author=Rat link=topic=79050.msg822010#msg822010 date=1271390477]

I rate this farce right along side of Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny and the Great Pumkin....none of which exist...

Rat
[/quote]

:hissy: WHAT!!! What do you mean the Great Pumpkin doesn't exist??? OMG WTF Are you sure? :hissy: I suppose the next thing your going to tell us is that Festivus is made up too, be careful what you say next, I'll pull my Festivus pole out of the closet and whack you on the head...... :poke: :biglaugh:

[quote author=Rat link=topic=79050.msg822010#msg822010 date=1271390477]
[quote author=gunner1119 link=topic=79050.msg821964#msg821964 date=1271382595]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

Bottom line to the entire charade is the fact that neither party really thinks it matters anymore.

When you recall the events of the last several years and the attempts at dumbing down the rank and file, it is no real surprise the entire exercise is viewed with disgust and apprehension. I find the whole thing insulting. They think we are stupid. Or at least it appears that way. Constantly working on the next bend over and enhancement injection and as they smile and ask you if you want a piece of cake.

It is just another test of our endurance...and patience.

I am at a loss to understand why they bother. I can't believe they actually think this annual display has any real significance.

This needs to go and it would be one takeaway I would agree with wholeheartedly. The company has made it clear as to how they view their employees...and this 'celebration' doesn't fit.

It is tiring and insulting to be subjected to disingenuos displays promoting employee involvement when your involvement is neither wanted nor appreciated...their only desire is blind and absolute obedience.

Rat
[/quote]we have the celebration for the same reason we drive a car in circles....it's in the budget !!!p.s. f-the pumkin but leave santa alone !!this is not a threat but i know he knows where you live !!

not that my opinion counts but if con-way wants to bbq, feed me cake, hand out stupid little gifts, etc...i'll take it,...all of my buddies throughout the ltl ind. arent getting any of this....cant wait until DA week when we get it again! if an of you tell me that you dont partake in the bbq you are full of it!

[quote author=clwnhtr777 link=topic=79050.msg824302#msg824302 date=1272118219]
not that my opinion counts but if con-way wants to bbq, feed me cake, hand out stupid little gifts, etc...i'll take it,...all of my buddies throughout the ltl ind. arent getting any of this....cant wait until DA week when we get it again! if an of you tell me that you dont partake in the bbq you are full of it!
[/quote] at least you already know that your opinon does'nt count. pass the sauce.

[quote author=clwnhtr777 link=topic=79050.msg824302#msg824302 date=1272118219]
[/quote]

Yeah, well some people sell themseves short and cheap everyday, doesn't make it right.....

[quote author=zzzzz link=topic=79050.msg824460#msg824460 date=1272166265]
I used to have a dream... it was called a pension, why not keep that dream alive? :hissy:
[/quote]
GOOD ONE zzzzz !!!! I agree 100% on that one!!!! :rant: :rant: