TForce | Kenworths Fuel Tank gaskets

roadrnnr2007

TB Lurker
Credits
Of the three New Kenworth's we have 2 of them have loose fuel tank straps that has caused the Gasket to drag on the ground. After writing it up for 2 weeks and management telling us they wont let us fix it I gave up.

They closed our shop and we have a vendor and a Kenworth Dealer a mile from the terminal and after 1.5 months still not fixed.

And they keep dragging their feet on turning up the Cruise.

Hey Bedard You Listening?

Any repairs on our new truck. (Singular) has to go to the dealer for any warranty work.
Our duct tape mechanics (not all are) are not allowed to put their paws on them.
Only our out of warranty junkers can be touched.

Does anyone know if our mechanics are ASE certified. There are no plaques in their office. You would think they would be also be proud to display that patch.

Problems with the brand new, got it with 47 miles on it kenworth pos. 1.sterring wheel not aligned, off center by 40 degrees. 2. Steering wanders. 3. Strong vibration in steering coloum at 35,45,and 55mph. Bottom of gears 10,11, and 12. Getting worse. 4. Door closed sensor goes off when I'm driving or away from vehicle. 5. The forward collision sensor faulty. Truck yells at me and locks up breaks when there is nothing to colide with.
I was told that the delivery guy dropped it off his tow truck from 3 feet high. Wonder if that could have messed up the front end. Was told our shop can't fix anything since they dont have a compressor.
Pluses. 1 old truck had 1 radio speaker now I have stereo 2 speakers. 2. It's 90 degrees here and the ac works. But I give it a week, that will stop working as well.

Problems with the brand new, got it with 47 miles on it kenworth pos. 1.sterring wheel not aligned, off center by 40 degrees. 2. Steering wanders. 3. Strong vibration in steering coloum at 35,45,and 55mph. Bottom of gears 10,11, and 12. Getting worse. 4. Door closed sensor goes off when I'm driving or away from vehicle. 5. The forward collision sensor faulty. Truck yells at me and locks up breaks when there is nothing to colide with.
I was told that the delivery guy dropped it off his tow truck from 3 feet high. Wonder if that could have messed up the front end. Was told our shop can't fix anything since they dont have a compressor.
Pluses. 1 old truck had 1 radio speaker now I have stereo 2 speakers. 2. It's 90 degrees here and the ac works. But I give it a week, that will stop working as well.
If it’s as bad as you say, why don’t you red tag it?

Exactly, the fuel tank hanger rubber loose or missing would be an out of service item at a roadside inspection.
It boggles my mind how so many people will bitch and moan about conditions of equipment or having to run without stopping or taking a break because they might run out of hours. Don't people realize the laws are on our side for stuff like that? Red tag bad equipment, take your breaks and lunch and let the company whine when you run out of legal hours and have to go to bed before getting to your destination. What the he** is wrong with drivers these days?

It boggles my mind how so many people will bitch and moan about conditions of equipment or having to run without stopping or taking a break because they might run out of hours. Don't people realize the laws are on our side for stuff like that? Red tag bad equipment, take yourI Phone breaks and lunch and let the company whine when you run out of legal hours and have to go to bed before getting to your destination. What the he** is wrong with drivers these days?
A lot of it, is that new, line 5 on their ELD. I Phone time, non driving.