XPO | Kernersville NC

BradBear

TB Lurker
Credits
I have an interview with XPO in Kernersville NC today for Linehaul.

Couple of questions. I know I can ask the interviewer but what they say and what actually is true is different

Do you get plenty of miles. Is a lot of dock work involved. If dock work is involved that’s fine, just want to know. I have worked dock at AAA Cooper for 5 years

How is pay and insurance

Thank you

All depends on the run you get, which depends on your seniority. Do you know where you’re going to fall? Some barns have good runs that even a low man can luck into, but that’s probably the exception to the rule. There’s also one board, so while you may get hired to run LH, it is theoretically possible to get bumped to the city come bid time. Not common but happens.

All depends on the run you get, which depends on your seniority. Do you know where you’re going to fall? Some barns have good runs that even a low man can luck into, but that’s probably the exception to the rule. There’s also one board, so while you may get hired to run LH, it is theoretically possible to get bumped to the city come bid time. Not common but happens.
Are XPO drivers who do the nite time turns paid mileage or are they on the clock?

As far as you know would ACT be an upgrade , downgrade at a lateral move as far as pay and work environment?
AAA Cooper would be a lateral move. You will walk in with no seniority so more than likely will work dock 3 or 4 hours driver 100-150 miles to another break bulk. Work dock 3 or 4 hours and drive back to home terminal. Like I said, you could hire on as Linehaul, but they bid one time per year, so if a city or dock worker with more seniority crosses over, you will go to dock or city for a year or until you get enough seniority to get back on Linehaul

So what would be a normal day. I guess mileage and dock time. What 10-12 hr days?
Well I'll just put it this way. Your azz belongs to them for 14hrs a day on what ever day they need you from when u clock on. Your dispatch time could be 8pm but if it's not ready you do not get paid to wait. You must be there in order to dispatch on time. So you show up at 730 to dispatch by 8 yet your loads are not done. Now you have 2 chooses sit and wait and don't get paid or go out and work the OB dock. Now remember don't late dispatch because then your in trouble, but if your loads aren't done well then it just a big screw to u

Well I'll just put it this way. Your azz belongs to them for 14hrs a day on what ever day they need you from when u clock on. Your dispatch time could be 8pm but if it's not ready you do not get paid to wait. You must be there in order to dispatch on time. So you show up at 730 to dispatch by 8 yet your loads are not done. Now you have 2 chooses sit and wait and don't get paid or go out and work the OB dock. Now remember don't late dispatch because then your in trouble, but if your loads aren't done well then it just a big screw to u
If my loads aren’t ready, how can I dispatch on time? That will be the day I get in trouble for dispatching late. I haven't worked 14 hours on my linehaul run in a year or more. I think it’s safe to say your mileage may vary based on location and local management.

If my loads aren’t ready, how can I dispatch on time? That will be the day I get in trouble for dispatching late. I haven't worked 14 hours on my linehaul run in a year or more. I think it’s safe to say your mileage may vary based on location and local management.
speaking from experience. Overslept one night and showed up late to work, got there around my dispatch time. Though my loads were not done when I got there I still got written up for being late. I am very rarely late normal there 40+ mins before my dispatch time. Then every night 20 mins before my dispatch time I would clock in and sit and wait for my loads, when I got my loads I clocked off and went and hooked. After I did it a few times I was called in the office and told I would not be paid to sit and wait. I either had to wait off the clock or if I clocked in I had to work the dock. I then told them you wrote me up for being late even though my loads were not done when I got there. They didn't care. I also pointed out, by name, some city drivers were doing the same thing, also they didn't care. About 2 months later is when I put my keys and badge on the SCM desk and walked out. @ months later SCM told to retire or get walked out, OD FOS was let go, and the DM was told take a SCM job, a down grade, or leave. Isn't karma a bitch.