ABF | Labor Day Will Never Be The Same When I Think About..

If close, I think the US Supreme Court will decide the winner. Like Gore & Busch.
I also think Martial Law will be declared by POTUS if the Democrats refuse to accept the outcome. POTUS has control of the Military, so I see no way for Democrats to enforce their wishes except by riots. von.

Kinda like what's happening in Belarus with the unpopular Putin-backed Lukashenko........

For ArcBest to shut down the company, because of "inability to compete",.....they would have to have a viable non-Union side producing AT LEAST two-thirds the revenue that ABF produces now.....
And they would still take a beating, profit-wise.......

Closing the non-Union side was feasible for Menlo Park, Inc......because they had an EQUALLY competing non-Union side. They actively tried to push as much CF work to Con-Way in the years prior to the slap-in-the-face closure.

Since ArcBest does not have an EQUALLY competing partner,........they'd have to practically shut off their revenue stream to close ABF,....which would make investors screaming ugly,.....and cause emergency shareholder meetings, lawsuits, and other lawyer-related activities....
Whoever called that shot in upper management would be tarred and feathered. Whether they like employing those stinky, whiny, demanding, arrogant Teamster employees,...or not.......is kind of out of their control, revenue-wise. I'm sure the corporate dream is to have a quiet, subservient, cheap,...non-Union ....workforce. All companies want that......

But,....If they were trying to set up Panther as the company to "compete" revenue-wise to ABF,......I think they realize now that experienced, dedicated drivers are just a....little hard to come by, nowadays.......

Idiots with CDLs are being churned out by predatory truck driving "schools" by the barrel-load as the economy tanks and people lose ..."normal"...jobs....
But,.....you sure can't make a profit off of idiots.......

You can try,.....but, it makes you an.....idiot....too....
UPS welcomes a union work force. They make it work. That's not to say their are labor problems @ UPS, but both sides have made it work. UPS rank & file are the highest paid dock & truck drivers in the US, maybe the world. Why can't ABF do close to the same thing? von.

UPS welcomes a union work force. They make it work. That's not to say their are labor problems @ UPS, but both sides have made it work. UPS rank & file are the highest paid dock & truck drivers in the US, maybe the world. Why can't ABF do close to the same thing? von.
I would think because of the UPS package side that is the backbone of the company...Lots of $ in the bank because of it...