ABF | Lack Of Leadership Coronavirus

Seamus20

TB Lurker
Credits
https://teamster.org/news/2020/03/message-teamsters-national-freight-division-director-ernie-soehl

This is unacceptable. Where is the leadership? Ernie encourages ABF to work at the Local Level for solutions.

We demand the same coverage renegotiated this past week with UPS at the National Level. The Freight Division is being told “Your on your own” We deserve the same coverage for doing the same job as UPS Freight.
We need to start a National Petition like they did demanding these protections for ourselves & families.

https://teamster.org/news/2020/03/message-teamsters-national-freight-division-director-ernie-soehl

This is unacceptable. Where is the leadership? Ernie encourages ABF to work at the Local Level for solutions.

We demand the same coverage renegotiated this past week with UPS at the National Level. The Freight Division is being told “Your on your own” We deserve the same coverage for doing the same job as UPS Freight.
We need to start a National Petition like they did demanding these protections for ourselves & families.
Stop paying dues for a month or two, see how fast we noticed. Or miss a few day's of work due to the fear of getting the virus & the company will notice....

Stop paying dues for a month or two, see how fast we noticed. Or miss a few day's of work due to the fear of getting the virus & the company will notice....
You are correc.t Have a impact on their power (IBT) or the revenue stream( IBT & ABF) & you will get their undivided attention & action very quickly. Anything less than action, And it is still the same old same old. von.

I heard and ABF employee came in contact with someone who had the virus and is now under a 14 day quarantine. How is this person getting paid? I was listening to talk radio and they had a Workmen’s Comp. judge on and he said if the employee was on duty, then he would fall under Workmen’s Comp. it going to get interesting to say the least....

I heard and ABF employee came in contact with someone who had the virus and is now under a 14 day quarantine. How is this person getting paid? I was listening to talk radio and they had a Workmen’s Comp. judge on and he said if the employee was on duty, then he would fall under Workmen’s Comp. it going to get interesting to say the least....

Most states Workmen Compensation guidelines consider any injury/disability that are incurred while on duty are covered by that state. I have wondered though if a resident of one state was injured in a different state which state would cover the cost of the injury. It seems that that circumstance came up a while back. What are your thoughts Canary?

Most states Workmen Compensation guidelines consider any injury/disability that are incurred while on duty are covered by that state. I have wondered though if a resident of one state was injured in a different state which state would cover the cost of the injury. It seems that that circumstance came up a while back. What are your thoughts Canary?

I think the Worker's Compensation claim would be paid through the domicile terminal state. But in the case of a disease, you probably wouldn't be diagnosed away from your home base, unless you were on an extended road run.

The Attorneys on retainer for our Local,.( In fact , the entire JC #40 area..)... used to issue a Worker's Compensation handbook, in which they advised that occupational diseases, say like heart attack ,......sometimes didn't show symptoms right away, and companies refused to file that under Worker's Compensation.....saying that the heart attack occurred at home......
.....right after you strained yourself hand-unloading half a truck of floor-loaded sugar,..or something like that....

The conditions were brought on at work,....the symptoms manifested themselves at home.......A clear Worker's Compensation case, in the Attorney's eye's.

I live in New Jersey and work in New York. That state (New York) paid my comp claim. (Unfortunately, since NJ would have paid more)

I live in New Jersey and work in New York. That state (New York) paid my comp claim. (Unfortunately, since NJ would have paid more)

Ahh,....the domicile terminal.....I wonder about some of the low-end Big Box carriers that just about hire on-line in, say,....Omaha, Neb......and you live in,...say, Pennsylvania. Where would the claim be filed if you got hurt in,...say, Massachusetts?

I would guess Omaha, Nebraska.........

(....Would this be the place to tease you about the term "Live" in New Jersey?....)(....Kidding...If you're driving through the Metro NYC area, I know you can handle a little teasing......And probably take a few gunshots in stride, too....)

Ahh.the domicile terminal.....I wonder about some of the low-end Big Box carriers that just about hire on-line in, say,....Omaha, Neb......and you live in,...say, Pennsylvania. Where would the claim be filed if you got hurt in,...say, Massachusetts?

(....Would this be the place to tease you about the term "Live" in New Jersey?....)(....Kidding...If you're driving through the Metro NYC area, I know you can handle a little teasing......And probably take a few gunshots in stride, too....)
5 or 6 years ago a road driver based out of 050 Indy had a bad wreck in southern Illinois. She was in the hospital 4 days & discharged. ABF tried to pay her under Indiana work comp. about 540.00 per week. She objected. Her attorney called the Fort & explained to them why they had to pay Illinois work comp benefits. 925.00 per week. You can see why the Fort tried an end around. Eventually ABF fired her & she sued. She basically was forced out of the industry for she could not pass a DOT physical. Never did know the out come of the lawsuit. Her name is Geneva. She was a good road driver always taking the extra or long runs. But, the first month after her probation period she went after the company over something & painted a huge target on her back for the next 20 years. I liked Geneva, but she was Geneva, a hand full. von.

Ahh,....the domicile terminal.....I wonder about some of the low-end Big Box carriers that just about hire on-line in, say,....Omaha, Neb......and you live in,...say, Pennsylvania. Where would the claim be filed if you got hurt in,...say, Massachusetts?

Canary, you know what they say, "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger". Lay it on me, I can take it. :smile new:

5 or 6 years ago a road driver based out of 050 Indy had a bad wreck in southern Illinois. She was in the hospital 4 days & discharged. ABF tried to pay her under Indiana work comp. about 540.00 per week. She objected. Her attorney called the Fort & explained to them why they had to pay Illinois work comp benefits. 925.00 per week. You can see why the Fort tried an end around. Eventually ABF fired her & she sued. She basically was forced out of the industry for she could not pass a DOT physical. Never did know the out come of the lawsuit. Her name is Geneva. She was a good road driver always taking the extra or long runs. But, the first month after her probation period she went after the company over something & painted a huge target on her back for the next 20 years. I liked Geneva, but she was Geneva, a hand full. von.

I'm not sure about other state's Worker's Compensation laws,......but here in Penna,.....we've got pretty good compensation for WC,.....at least 95% of your AVERAGE wage.
I've got to hand it to Jubelierer, Pass, et al. law firm on retainer for this area. They are right on top of company Worker Compensation abuse. I've even given out their WC handbook to non-Union guys,....and got thanks back, because that law firm took on their case......And won.....

The Local Unions here in W. Penna. are very proactive with JPI Law........A great partnership.....Since they are on retainer,.....I've personally gotten legal advice about several diverse things.....For free....Pro Bono, as it were.......Because I was a Teamster.....

When some management type says: "We'll get back to you..." on some issue,....I could say: "We, also, ...will get back to you...."

Canary, you know what they say, "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger". Lay it on me, I can take it. :smile new:

Good on you, Brother!

it is good too people fight gor what the believe in. when local 707 dialed in to listen to the conference administrative law judge angela blassman cancelled it. the case involves a challenge to the CBA deleting a no layoff clsuse & other material vhanges without a vote by the members. Beware of kevin mccaffre, local president & sufgolk vounty legislator
https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?b...;onClosedMenu=allposts;postNum=6;src=postname

it is good too people fight gor what the believe in. when local 707 dialed in to listen to the conference administrative law judge angela blassman cancelled it. the case involves a challenge to the CBA deleting a no layoff clsuse & other material vhanges without a vote by the members. Beware of kevin mccaffre, local president & sufgolk vounty legislator
https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?b...;onClosedMenu=allposts;postNum=6;src=postname

Ahh,....You mean Suffolk County, Long Island, N.Y.,....Just a little search shows that you guys got some sort of problem there.

And,....You either got big truck driver thumbs, like I got,....or your spell-check ain't working.......

Ahh,....You mean Suffolk County, Long Island, N.Y.,....Just a little search shows that you guys got some sort of problem there.

And,....You either got big truck driver thumbs, like I got,....or your spell-check ain't working.......

members of the public that dialed into the march 30 PERB Conference that
ALJ Angela Blassman denied their right to listen to, see below

Dear Mr. Leeds,

Per our conversation of March 30, 2020, please be advised that you may contact our office via email at: [email protected] with any concerns you may have.

Thank you.

Cecilia Heath

Administrative Assistant 2

Office of Public Employment Practices and Representation

New York State Public Employment Relations Board

PO Box 2074, ESP Bldg 2, 18th Floor, Albany, NY 12220-0074

[email protected]

www.perb.ny.gov

Notice: This email, including any attachments may contain information that is confidential, privileged or otherwise legally protected. This email and its attachments are intended for addressees only. If you are not an intended recipient, please notify the sender by reply email and delete the message and any attachments from your system. For information concerning permission to forward or distribute this email, please contact the sender.