XPO | Lack of work?

micro brew

TB Veteran
Credits
This is the second night in a row I'm sitting home with no line-haul work. Not good. It seemed like we were short drivers after the lay-off but I guess not.

Anyone else have line drivers sitting?

Dallas is sitting some drivers on some nights. And some of these folks have decent senority.. While there are folks they just called back from lay-off working the dock. I don't understand why they are doing things this way.

We've even had our 11:00 am bid drivers told to stay home.I was talking to a couple of them & they told me they were only working 3 to 4 days a week.Just got to keep going the best we can till this all blows over.God I hope it comes soon.

I was off yesterday but am just happy that I am not laid-off. Working 3-4 days a week is still getting my bills paid. I don't like that this is happening but I am still employed.

Ohh yeah yesterday to of our southbound line runs to Medford Or.stayed on the IB dock & ran city P&D..

Well surely this could in no way have any thing
to do with the mutiple closings of I-15 and I-5 due to weather . Certainly these drivers
would not have been held to wait on late freight.

Just4Thought

we were told in our monday meeting that linehaul drivers should pressure city drivers to ask for one more shipment. we were told that they need pressure to do their work. so, we ask,so we can pi$$ the city people off. i like that idea. lets make everyone mad. good idea, mr marty

we were told in our monday meeting that linehaul drivers should pressure city drivers to ask for one more shipment. we were told that they need pressure to do their work. so, we ask,so we can pi$$ the city people off. i like that idea. lets make everyone mad. good idea, mr marty

What is wrong with trying to get your co-workers motivated about a program that will benifit us all in the end?

Anything less than 6 years with the company will get you some unwanted time off around here. I hope these guys can hang on long enough to see things pick up. We started sitting people home late last year like in November. Im afraid it's going to get worse.

What is wrong with trying to get your co-workers motivated about a program that will benifit us all in the end?
:hide:Personally, I do not want anything to do with a program that benefits us all in the end! The end is THE END! Lets all of us do something to contribute to the now and present! The " One More Shipment " scam is just that!, a scam !
As stated in previous posts, I for over 20 years, have always asked about the bastard shipment sitting on a customers dock, with no ones name on it, and now and then again, I get it.
My contention is, most of the DSR,S who are getting Extra Shipments, in this no freight climate, are setting it up with their regular shippers!
SUCK OUT OUT LOUD!
I, do not, and never will lay claim to an extra shipment. I do my best, and if it is not good enough, :shit:can me !!!!!!!!!!:smilie_132:

:hide:Personally, I do not want anything to do with a program that benefits us all in the end! The end is THE END! Lets all of us do something to contribute to the now and present! The " One More Shipment " scam is just that!, a scam !
As stated in previous posts, I for over 20 years, have always asked about the bastard shipment sitting on a customers dock, with no ones name on it, and now and then again, I get it.
My contention is, most of the DSR,S who are getting Extra Shipments, in this no freight climate, are setting it up with their regular shippers!
SUCK OUT OUT LOUD!
I, do not, and never will lay claim to an extra shipment. I do my best, and if it is not good enough, :shit:can me !!!!!!!!!!:smilie_132:
Those shipments are probably going to be given to us anyway, they're just not called in by the shipper, therefore an extra shipment is born.

Those shipments are probably going to be given to us anyway, they're just not called in by the shipper, therefore an extra shipment is born.
:hide:
Here I sit all broken hearted: If I play the game, I can be the "Extra Shipment Guru " :smilie_132:

Bingo...

My perverse curiousity wonders just what percentage if the ISWM shipments fall into this category.

I have gotten perhaps three actual 'extra shipments' over the last year. Most things are cut and dried long before I ever get to the shipper. I get lucky once in awhile and get a shipment when a carrier doesn't show or am at the right place at the right time for a last minute called in shipment from a shipper's customer. But thats about it.

Most of the time its just the shipper calling in the first shipment so they know you will be there and then don't bother calling in additional shipments.

It is indeed a very poorly administrated program...but I am not sure how to do it differently...any suggestions?

Rat :popcorn:

Bingo...

My perverse curiousity wonders just what percentage if the ISWM shipments fall into this category.

I have gotten perhaps three actual 'extra shipments' over the last year. Most things are cut and dried long before I ever get to the shipper. I get lucky once in awhile and get a shipment when a carrier doesn't show or am at the right place at the right time for a last minute called in shipment from a shipper's customer. But thats about it.

Most of the time its just the shipper calling in the first shipment so they know you will be there and then don't bother calling in additional shipments.

It is indeed a very poorly administrated program...but I am not sure how to do it differently...any suggestions?

Rat :popcorn:
There's not a different way of doing it. Every shipment that's not called in at our barn is marked as an extra shipment. They do it even if we don't say it is an extra shipment..It's a scam

The big Core Value does not apply to the ISWM Extra Shipment initiative.

:hide:
I agree 100%, and know for a fact that the people who have big Extra Shipment numbers at my barn are playing the game! :smilie_132: