XPO | Lack of work?

Anything less than 6 years with the company will get you some unwanted time off around here. I hope these guys can hang on long enough to see things pick up. We started sitting people home late last year like in November. Im afraid it's going to get worse.

I agree with that. There are a bunch of us between 5 and 6 years here who missed Monday and Tuesday. Then Wednesday comes and we are short drivers again. Go figure.

I thought integrity was one of our core values. :duh:
:hide:Integrity is one of the core values. I am sure that most of my co-workers abide by this one. The only problem, when uppper management puts out a program like the one more shipment, and attaches prizes to the top performers, there will be some finaggiling within the troops. They expect ALL of us to perform. I for one, could manipulate the " one more shipment " contest better than most. I refuse! Hope they enjoy the ride in the GAY, FLAMING HAT, Nascar truck!:smilie_132:

we were told in our monday meeting that linehaul drivers should pressure city drivers to ask for one more shipment. we were told that they need pressure to do their work. so, we ask,so we can pi$$ the city people off. i like that idea. lets make everyone mad. good idea, mr marty

What this poster describes above is , a very
simple and basic tactic used for thousands
of years by those in power . Whether it be governments or companies .

To maintain power and control , devide and
keep those that may be a threat to you ,
fighting among themselves with issues that
do not matter .

No agreement . No unity . No threat .

Just4Thought

truth be told. they should do a mythbusters episode on this. lol

What this poster describes above is , a very
simple and basic tactic used for thousands
of years by those in power . Whether it be governments or companies .

To maintain power and control , devide and
keep those that may be a threat to you ,
fighting among themselves with issues that
do not matter

No agreement . No unity . No threat .

Just4Thought

truth be told. They should do a mythbusters episode on this. Lol

busted

I never bought in to that divide and conquer crap.
They would rather build team work with a common consensus, but are unable to through fault of their own. Yup, I said that right.

busted

I never bought in to that divide and conquer crap.
They would rather build team work with a common consensus, but are unable to through fault of their own. Yup, I said that right.

The above position is well proven in this day
and age by many that are complacent .

Just4Thought

You would be right if there was a push for organizing or some other rallying force that was detrimental to Corporate's concern's. But there isn't and Conway would like nothing better then to see everyone on the same blue page.

You would be right if there was a push for organizing or some other rallying force that was detrimental to Corporate's concern's. But there isn't and Conway would like nothing better then to see everyone on the same blue page.

There was a day when everybody WAS on the same
page .

I do not believe it was the employees , customers, stock or bond holders that chose to
to change the company to what it is today .

Just4Thought

All you P & D fellas, ought to go and get more shipments. That's the only way we are ever going to fill up all of those CFI and England trailers.........

come on guys, do your best..............those outside carriers need the work....

I don't understand this one. Can anybody help explain this to me??? I was told by the A.E. that they only get credit for outbound freight, not inbound freight. I have a customer that is using another carrier for their freight. WE use to handle it for them. I talked to the A.E. and said that his hand where pretty much tied since my customer wasn't paying for the freight charges. The cosignee was. But didn't think he would get much help on the other end because the A.E. at the other barn wouldn't get credit for it since it was inbound freight for him. Why can we not give these guys credit for both inbound and outbound. Over the past 3 weeks there have been 70 skids shipped out. Also, not sure what "credit" means for a A.E. so plaese don't ask me.

P.S. I want to know how some city drivers have over 400 ISWM's?

I don't understand this one. Can anybody help explain this to me??? I was told by the A.E. that they only get credit for outbound freight, not inbound freight. I have a customer that is using another carrier for their freight. WE use to handle it for them. I talked to the A.E. and said that his hand where pretty much tied since my customer wasn't paying for the freight charges. The cosignee was. But didn't think he would get much help on the other end because the A.E. at the other barn wouldn't get credit for it since it was inbound freight for him. Why can we not give these guys credit for both inbound and outbound. Over the past 3 weeks there have been 70 skids shipped out. Also, not sure what "credit" means for a A.E. so plaese don't ask me.

P.S. I want to know how some city drivers have over 400 ISWM's?

The most successful AEs sell Inbound first, which gets the DSR in the door to begin with so he can go after the Outbound...Most AEs aren't smart enough to figure that out...They could spend half their day selling IB right now and we would be twice as successful...But that's not for me to judge...I can only preach that to my AEs, and I do...

There was a day when everybody WAS on the same
page .

I do not believe it was the employees , customers, stock or bond holders that chose to
to change the company to what it is today .

Just4Thought

Yes there was a day like that. It was before de-regulation!!!!