Averitt | Landstar season has started

I'm just saying better to see a few Landstars now than dozens of new hired TL units sitting around starving when freight levels drop.

Pssst........ Iceman....there are all ready hiried T/L drivers begging for miles,just barely getting by.....will to stayout over the weekend, to earn enough money to support their families. Seeing Landstar and other NON AVRT power leaving with AVRT trailers,and they are sitting. if they get a load it's a 200-300 miler,with sitting on the other end is getting hard to take. One thing Cookeville needs to realize, is that ALL TRUCKING COMPANIES ARE HIRING...FEDEX just got a payraise....line haul is making over .60, others are talking pay raises!....it may be late for us gray beards, the youngsters are going to go where the money is,AVRT will become a Stepping stone training company!

Well truthfully I could care less about who pulls what. I'm paid to drive a truck. I have never been affected by Landstar or TL pulling LTL loads. I'm shuttle, I mind my own business and when something doesn't affect me I don't think about it much less worry about something I have no power over. I chose this company 24 years ago and I still love it even more than when I started here. I have reached my goal of Shuttle Driver, I am content and have no complaints. At one time I thought for while that the grass might be greener, but God showed me real quick that I was foolish and greedy to look at another company when He placed me here for a reason. That company since has merged and displaced or dismissed several of my friends.I took a trip down memory lane of how this company has allowed me to reach my goal, make a very good living while doing what I love and how well I am treated and respected by my leadership. I should have never spoken on this topic and I will not say another word about TL or any other division that I have no business in commenting.

Heck Ice...you worked your UP into the shuttle position your in...no doubt about it. Your observations looking thru your windshield carry alot of weight. My observations are just that, my observations....even though I'm not privy to the "GRAND PLAN" I'm, going to continue to make them they way I see them! GOOD or BAD!

I agree Jeep, I'm just saying I post and reply to things I frankly know nothing about, I defend stuff that looks defendable through my eyes but I haven't ridden a mile in your TL shoes and frankly my opinion doesn't matter.

2 shuttle runs cut at my house friday night as we watched Landstar sail away into the sunset with them.

I don't know when it's going to happen, frankly, but Averitt is going to get slapped by the stinginess of their ways. Our competitors are all paying $ 0.50 cpm + as we lag further and further behind.

It will eventually bite them in the ass.