Yellow | Last-Minute Bid Would Seek to Revive Collapsed Trucker Yellow

They are getting New leased Equipment & faster than 62 mph too !
399239416_353106617280401_1660964081274528179_n.jpg
Where's the solar panels to keep it running???

Get it done here I am a 56yr old dock worker with 34yrs at Yellow with only 3 call backs from over 35 applications in 4 months. Best offer $16.85 an hour then pay 90 a week for insurance and have a 7500 deductible.
Apply for disability they consider you can't be retrained for a new job after 50!

Nope NMFA is in effect until March and a new contract will need to be negotiated and ratified by union membership or a strike vote can be issued. This is no different than business as usual unless it is liquidated but that will not be the result of winning a going concern bid.
It will take months to get anything going, by that time, March will be here. Also go ahead....Strike a brand new company, let's see how that works out. You'll be in the same spot as you are right now. This will be a take it or leave it deal.

Nope NMFA is in effect until March and a new contract will need to be negotiated and ratified by union membership or a strike vote can be issued. This is no different than business as usual unless it is liquidated but that will not be the result of winning a going concern bid.
šŸ¤£, yeah right

I'm thinking it will be more like TForce Freight.

I considered that however they are still considered a sub standard contract which will need to be upgraded next time around so I wouldnt think the IBT would settle for another TForce or Transervice NMFA, at least not with someone the size of Yellow. Its gonna be ABF & UPS going forward as a minimum standard in freight contracts, especially when Fedex, Amazon and others are in the IBT gun sights .

Theyā€™ll open under current contract but WILL negotiate a new one after up and running. So, if or when they ask us all to go back, go ahead and roll the dice.

I considered that however they are still considered a sub standard contract which will need to be upgraded next time around so I wouldnt think the IBT would settle for another TForce or Transervice NMFA, at least not with someone the size of Yellow. Itā€™s gonna be ABF & UPS going forward as a minimum standard in freight contracts, especially when Fedex, Amazon and others are in the IBT gun sights .
What exactly is substandard about TForceā€™s contract?

I considered that however they are still considered a sub standard contract which will need to be upgraded next time around so I wouldnt think the IBT would settle for another TForce or Transervice NMFA, at least not with someone the size of Yellow. Its gonna be ABF & UPS going forward as a minimum standard in freight contracts, especially when Fedex, Amazon and others are in the IBT gun sights .
The IBT gun sights :hysterical:

I think substandard is strong, but the few negatives that I know is they do pay for insurance and there are no supplements.....maybe no port or someone from there can elaborate...
I can elaborate as Iā€™ve been working there myself after the shutdown. Have 2 plans to pick from. The free company paid plan does have higher deductibles, copays, and certain things not covered. The better plan compared to what we had at Holland/Yellow is virtually identical but I am projected to pay around $30 per month for it and as of yet I havenā€™t seen any deductions from my pay checks. I surely wouldnā€™t complain or lose any sleep over that. My policy number didnā€™t even change, they just took Yellow off my policy and put TForce on it. I came from a true substandard contract and after reading through this one, IF Cooper opens and they can get close to this one many people will at least stop to think about it.

What exactly is substandard about TForceā€™s contract?

Well I guess using the term substandard was a little harsh since the new contract did fix some of the issues. The remaining problems are still insurance copay, full CS pension and some work rules. Personally I think the Yellow NMFA with the Holland regional supplements should be the standard going forward in LTL freight contracts with the addition of the ABF wage increases, profit sharing, pension contributions and the other littile things that were added in the recent negotiations concerning non cdl positions and subcontracting etc. There should be ONE standard NMFA contract for all LTL freight companies exactly like it used to be with everybody contributing to the same H&W / Pension funds.

https://teamster.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/07/TFORC-TA-Highlights-2023.pdf

The odds in this happening are just about zero.
The unions is floating this to create a diversion from their disaster, thank heavens they have folks like here on TB to suck this story up.
Let's be honest, we all have been in the industry a long time
When was the last time we saw a new LTL Carrier?
So you are a car hauler and you now decide to get into the most complex highway transportation business and you decide to make it a union company wile every quality competitor you have is non union?
Worse yet you believe the most untrustworthy name in the industry is your ticket to enter an industry where you may earn 10 cents on the dollar???
If you believe this you are being played... as long as the subject of the conversation is changed, the teamsters win...