Yellow | Last words?

Go see Wong, starting own cab service, 15% off your first fare lol
I saw a tiktok today. A guy in Africa with a bicycle he made from wood. He said he could haul 500 kilo. He just hauls these big loads back and forth from village to village. Im thinking "wow, this is how it starts. Then he gets a truck, then another, then another". He has the right idea. He's working making an honest living, providing a service. I was impressed.

I saw a tiktok today. A guy in Africa with a bicycle he made from wood. He said he could haul 500 kilo. He just hauls these big loads back and forth from village to village. Im thinking "wow, this is how it starts. Then he gets a truck, then another, then another". He has the right idea. He's working making an honest living, providing a service. I was impressed.
His nickname is Woody.

25 year service,best part was when i was at Roadway. Zoller, bought all these companies and screwed up a lot of peoples lives. but also, let’s don’t forget to thank of O’Brian playing hardball and putting us out business. and to see that management got severance pay was a kick in the teeth.
I prefer O'Brien over Hoffa any Day of the Week and twice on Sunday. All Yellow was doing was driving down wages for everyone else in the freight industry, While maintaining a lavish lifestyle for YRC executives and their minions. Yellow should have been stopped 20 years ago. Sorry People lost their Jobs, But there are casualties in every war and YRC was waging war on the Freight industry

So Yellow is done. And this board will cease at some point. But before it does is there something you would like to say?

lights-out.gif
Yellow wasn't worth moosetits..

I prefer O'Brien over Hoffa any Day of the Week and twice on Sunday. All Yellow was doing was driving down wages for everyone else in the freight industry, While maintaining a lavish lifestyle for YRC executives and their minions. Yellow should have been stopped 20 years ago. Sorry People lost their Jobs, But there are casualties in every war and YRC was waging war on the Freight industry
... People may not like to read this, but you're not wrong.

... People may not like to read this, but you're not wrong.
If you Google Yellows top executives yearly compensation including bonuses you will see they were not lavish. But in fact they were making less the executives of the profitable carriers as well they should have been. We all have smart devices but the majority refuse to use them to educate ourselves. Please Google ABFs CEO salary for 2022 Judy made $5,995,804 compared to Yellow CEO Hawkins $2,118,469 salary for 2021 mind you ABF is only 1/3 the size Yellow was..Google any year it's public information and if you say they were cooking the books. So be it means nothing if you can't prove it in a court of law because hear say does not hold up well..Bash me if you want I stated my point and I don't feel the need to defend it from peoples whose opinion I don't value. Have good night and may GOD help us all.

If you Google Yellows top executives yearly compensation including bonuses you will see they were not lavish. But in fact they were making less the executives of the profitable carriers as well they should have been. We all have smart devices but the majority refuse to use them to educate ourselves. Please Google ABFs CEO salary for 2022 Judy made $5,995,804 compared to Yellow CEO Hawkins $2,118,469 salary for 2021 mind you ABF is only 1/3 the size Yellow was..Google any year it's public information and if you say they were cooking the books. So be it means nothing if you can't prove it in a court of law because hear say does not hold up well..Bash me if you want I stated my point and I don't feel the need to defend it from peoples whose opinion I don't value. Have good night and may GOD help us all.

IMG_9566.md.jpeg

SOB tried to strong arm UPS by scaring them if they saw he could shut down Yellow
he did exactly that.
It did get UPS teamsters a good contract. Win for SOB but at the cost of 30,000 jobs.
Now UPS has a brand new competitor with a much higher labor cost. Loss for SOB
Amazon now offers parcel shipping services via Amazon Shipping. Utilizing their vast resources and incredible technology and massive fleet. Amazon is on most every street every day with more packages delivered than UPS or Fed Ex Ground.
Yet UPS is a union company with restrictive work rules.
Amazon has pockets so deep the Earth has never seen such wealth. They are set on doing to UPS what they did to millions of small businesses.
This will be interesting to watch.

SOB tried to strong arm UPS by scaring them if they saw he could shut down Yellow
he did exactly that.
It did get UPS teamsters a good contract. Win for SOB but at the cost of 30,000 jobs.
Amazon now offers parcel shipping services via Amazon Shipping. Utilizing their vast resources and incredible technology and massive fleet. Amazon is on most every street every day with more packages delivered than UPS or Fed Ex Ground.
Amazon has pockets so deep the Earth has never seen such wealth. They are set on doing to UPS what they did to millions of small businesses.

Sorry, here is the link

he did exactly that.
You know Puff, I've seen a lot of your posts that I think are nothing but Union-hating nonsense. But I have to admit, this post of yours is "on the mark". Yes, Amazon has gotten big enough (too big in my view-I don't have an Amazon account and very rarely use my wife's) that it is now expedient for them to deliver their own stuff in major metropolitan areas, and they're starting to transport and deliver other companies' stuff too. Is that going to kick UPS in the rear? Absolutely!!! Already is.
This reminds me of another Teamster-represented industry, carhaul. The Union priced themselves right out of work in this industry over the past 50 years. Logistics capability also factored in because the railroads could do the long-distance carriage to a regional railhead cheaper and safer, although not as quickly. The manufacturers were willing to make that time sacrifice at the peril of the dealers who have to pay for the car before it's shipped to them. But the truckaway segment also shrank horrendously. In 1965, there were far fewer cars produced than today, and there were 40,000 Teamster carhaulers. Today, the number of vehicles is much higher than in 1965, and there are only around 3,000 Teamster carhaulers, and maybe only in the 2000s.

he did exactly that.
What a simplistic view.

"They took everything from me so that UPS could get a great contract, so now I hate UPS and Amazon is the best thing ever. I want to fall asleep in Jeff Bezos's arms."