Yellow | Last words?

some people will never be able to rub two brain cells together causing the lights to come on....
O'Brian had nothing to do with you (Yellow) being put out of business...
Yellow taking six + Union companies out of business was a 20+ year plan by hedge fund banksters...
O'Brien (spell his name right at least) definitely had nothing to do with Yellow's financial predicament but he could certainly have done more to help them continue operating and keep 30,000 people employed even if it was at less than desired compensation levels.

Last edited:
And that's really all he could have done. Agreed to work for even less pay with worse benefits. Yellow still wouldn't have turned it around. Since the day Roadway and Yellow merged they never showed a sign of turning it around. It really sounds like the lenders had enough. I'm not sure the union or the company even had a say.

And that's really all he could have done. Agreed to work for even less pay with worse benefits. Yellow still wouldn't have turned it around. Since the day Roadway and Yellow merged they never showed a sign of turning it around. It really sounds like the lenders had enough. I'm not sure the union or the company even had a say.
Yellow wasn't asking for additional compensation concessions, they were asking for some work rule changes which IMHO could have been negotiated to some compromise. We'll never know now if that would have worked.

Yellow wasn't asking for additional compensation concessions, they were asking for some work rule changes which IMHO could have been negotiated to some compromise. We'll never know now if that would have worked.
In my humble opinion as well. I've said this many times. The way to dig out of this hole is to DIG OUT OF THIS HOLE! Don't screw the pooch because you are unhappy with something.

They've been asking for work rule changes for 15 years and with Hoffa got everything they wanted. The only real help the union could have given was to work for less with worse benefits. Anything less wouldn't have made a difference. If the employees actually paid Yellow for the privilege to work for them they still would have been crying about their debt. I truly believe the lenders had enough and pulled the plug.

They've been asking for work rule changes for 15 years and with Hoffa got everything they wanted. The only real help the union could have given was to work for less with worse benefits. Anything less wouldn't have made a difference. If the employees actually paid Yellow for the privilege to work for them they still would have been crying about their debt. I truly believe the lenders had enough and pulled the plug.
OK, we have different opinions on that, no problem. šŸ™‚

So Yellow is done. And this board will cease at some point. But before it does is there something you would like to say?

lights-out.gif
I had 18 years with New Penn . Awesome company until Yellow got ahold of them . I wish everyone the best in whatever the future brings .

seems to me its a moot point anymore.. me a sup does not have a job and has to shop himself for the 1st time in 30 years.. you guys teamsters have to shop yourselves after 30 years. so much fun ! love interviewing.. you guys liking the road tests........... is this not the best !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! gonna be awesome starting over with 1 week Vacation after a year.. fun times .. WHAT EVER it what is .. just get on with it . STFU move on that is what real men and woman have to do. its done accept it and move on . quit whining and move on.. take the lumps and move on. good luck to all of you I hope the very best for everyone but FFS let it go and move on !

Reactions: TC1
What they were asking for (in my opinion) was far greater than even the 15%.

A driver who made ~$40 per hour at top speed on linehaul now makes $26-$27 per hour as a utility driver? That's a proper 1/3 pay cut.

A driver who made ~$40 per hour at top speed on linehaul now makes $26-$27 per hour as a utility driver? That's a proper 1/3 pay cut.
Once again, what they were asking for wasn't necessarily what they would get after negotiations, if they were allowed to take place that is. Every labor negotiation starts out with high demands on both sides and then a compromise is eventually hammered out.

Utility was added years back.
It's in the contract. And it's also in ABF's.

Here they did cut road to create UE. But it wasn't created in this COO.
It was put in under threat of closure to New Penn in one of the old concession contracts. Vote till we get it right. We were told it wouldn't fit New Penns system so don't worry about it. It got voted in nationwide. It's been in the national contract since

The 2nd COO proposal this time had destination road/dock terminals and bids....which are not in the national contract. But TForce already has that nationwide.

Last edited:
All I can say, in the end, I'm gonna miss my friends. The long talks on the phone between Memphis and Dallas/Houston.
Great conversations were had by all. All the world's problems were solved in them.
Sad to know that it's over now. No more favorite stops, waitress knowing what I want.
Most of all. I'm gonna miss my Friends.
šŸ˜­

seems to me its a moot point anymore.. me a sup does not have a job and has to shop himself for the 1st time in 30 years.. you guys teamsters have to shop yourselves after 30 years. so much fun ! love interviewing.. you guys liking the road tests........... is this not the best !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! gonna be awesome starting over with 1 week Vacation after a year.. fun times .. WHAT EVER it what is .. just get on with it . STFU move on that is what real men and woman have to do. its done accept it and move on . quit whining and move on.. take the lumps and move on. good luck to all of you I hope the very best for everyone but FFS let it go and move on !
Agreed. It's time to grab your bootstraps and give'm a good tug.