Lay-offs??

Re: layoffs?

laid off 4 in Lancaster, PA... 2 dockworkers and 2 PU&D drivers.

re:layoffs

I don't know what the total figure system wide is; I didn't ask. Dispatch here is good at keeping things quiet, i think. They don't volunteer info; don't know either if that's by design or they just don't know. Heard today they are going to re-evaluate next week. "50% of what you see, none of what you hear"

Listen from what I uderstand from my TM is that if we as driver's dillegently trim the wasted time there will be fewer lay offs. Right now it's all about turning the allmighty $. If you can be a solid PRODUCTIVE employee and dot your I's and cross your T's and eliminate your hr lunch, and the time you spend walking in circles you may save another guys job. We are all in this slow economy together, I don't want anyone layed off just b4 the holidays, I am willing to take a hit on the hrs I work so that someone lower on the list can get 8. I have also voluntarilly stayed home a day so another guy can at least work. We all have to chip in here so everyone eats. I am by no means wealthy there are weeks I barely meet my bills, but I am at the top of the list I could not imagine only working 1-2 days a week. At 52 we are all trying to sacrifice to keep guys working.

Listen from what I uderstand from my TM is that if we as driver's dillegently trim the wasted time there will be fewer lay offs. Right now it's all about turning the allmighty $. If you can be a solid PRODUCTIVE employee and dot your I's and cross your T's and eliminate your hr lunch, and the time you spend walking in circles you may save another guys job. We are all in this slow economy together, I don't want anyone layed off just b4 the holidays, I am willing to take a hit on the hrs I work so that someone lower on the list can get 8. I have also voluntarilly stayed home a day so another guy can at least work. We all have to chip in here so everyone eats. I am by no means wealthy there are weeks I barely meet my bills, but I am at the top of the list I could not imagine only working 1-2 days a week. At 52 we are all trying to sacrifice to keep guys working.

Yup, I suggested to management at 33 to do a sign up sheet for guys to sign if they want to take the next day off if someone is gonna sit.

re: layoffs

i didn't get laid off because i didn't "cross my ts or dot my is"
i take 1/2 hour lunches, eat in the truck, cover the *** of others who screw up, etc. bottom line for me is the carrot in the box trick, i.e., working now for a pension later, is getting harder and harder to believe. especially when i'm sitting at age 55 with 60% salary so some tm can get his end of year bonus. sorry to flame out, but this layoff is no fault of mine...

I am not laying it out there like that I am not placing blame on anyone, bottom line is the bottom of the list gets layed off. What I'm saying is the more productive the employees are at the terminal the smaller the # of employees will need to be layed off. It is all about #'s if the terminal profits there will be no layoff simple as that.

I am not laying it out there like that I am not placing blame on anyone, bottom line is the bottom of the list gets layed off. What I'm saying is the more productive the employees are at the terminal the smaller the # of employees will need to be layed off. It is all about #'s if the terminal profits there will be no layoff simple as that.

You still don't know him:chairshot:If he can get one extra bill on most of your peddle trailers going out he will eliminate the need for one more guy:woot:He will do it Trust me I know him:nutkick:

2 linehaul 1 p&d and 0ne office at 51 so far the boss is talking about the 4 hour rule for the late starting guys if it gets to that point.