Yellow | Lay-offs

Here at 120 they brought back 15 drivers, so they say. I haven't see it for myself nut it came from relay management. Also guys on the dock have been working 2 hrs overtime, six and seven punches for the past 2 weeks. Management crying they have no man power to work freight, losing more at coo. ???????????

Thats cause we won't be running anywhere after the coo.......P.s the proposed bids for after the change should be up today.

Thats cause we won't be running anywhere after the coo.......P.s the proposed bids for after the change should be up today.
Hey serta............Stacker was down at 671 today. He was walking around with Luby........It was good to meet someone in person from the boards. This board is a great tool!! :smilies-19296: DS.

Hey serta.........I met another one of your guys down here today. His hire date was 1982........he's coming!! DS.

DS, how many of our guys came down to check 671 out? I been hearing alot drivers and dockmen with grey whiskers are leaving 120. I think once phone bid comes,alot will stay.

DS, how many of our guys came down to check 671 out? I been hearing alot drivers and dockmen with grey whiskers are leaving 120. I think once phone bid comes,alot will stay.
Hey gr8one........I only spoke to a couple, I have heard of guys from California and Illinois visiting 671 since the announcement of the COO. Lot's of interest but we'll see when the phone bid comes.....:hide: ....DS.

It was about 10 yrs ago with ink spill. Don't you remember the blue snow?

That was the blue stuff they put in ponds so algae doesn't grow. It was leaking in a trailer and one of the supers moved they trailer away from they dock and it leaked all over the yard. When it rained or snowed it went eveywhere.

I remember, just thought it looked more green lately. Hard to tell when you try to get a close look and a neon green moth the size of a bat, comes flying at ya.

4 more laid off last week on the dock, that makes about 30. City laid off also but i am not sure how many. :chairshot:
Hey whyred57..........according to a admin office worker, layoffs have nothing to do with freight levels. It's all about about saving $$ on health and welfare. In the same breath they will work guys OT and guys on L/O and pay the same difference in costs. You figure it out and let me know. DS.

D.S
We`ve been told at numerous meetings the lay offs are based on the terminal not making their production goals for the week. Every Friday they look at the numbers and if they are not where they should be more people are layed off. So far we have eight Teamsters layed off with the bottom three being in a hard lay off.

D.S
We`ve been told at numerous meetings the lay offs are based on the terminal not making their production goals for the week. Every Friday they look at the numbers and if they are not where they should be more people are layed off. So far we have eight Teamsters layed off with the bottom three being in a hard lay off.
Hey mud.........I would have to file a complaint on that!! Does your BA know about these meetings and does your steward attend?? DS.

Mud, We have met every production goal since the first of the year, in fact surpassed them. Yet we still have 7 on lay off. As long as our greedy Brothers sop up the overtime the company is one happy pig. They can lie and tell us anything. How are you going to check their numbers? The only numbers that have to be true are their earnings to the gov. and stockholders.

Someone give me an idea!!!!

You are so right on that one DC......this is something that has to be addressed in the 2008 NMFA! They do it, and then force many to work OT. It is cheaper to pay the OT than to pay H&W and pension.....but it is abused too much!.....KK:ontopic:
Hey KK, a quick question.........at 671 layoffs happen even when freight is up. RDWY is working OT instead of casuals. That way we can't qualify anyone back on full time. The question is if RDWY lays off 25% of the dock guys and OT is offered, how are we supposed to put anyone back on??

Seems to me RDWY has found a "loophole" in the contract to prevent any laid off man from getting put back on "regular" or full time. We have around 20 laid off men working 40+ hours a week. By contract we can't put them back on full time because the hour count doesn't qualify them back.

I want them back on full time, but can't qualify a single man.:chairshot:

Any ideas?? :hide: DS.

Hey KK, a quick question.........at 671 layoffs happen even when freight is up. RDWY is working OT instead of casuals. That way we can't qualify anyone back on full time. The question is if RDWY lays off 25% of the dock guys and OT is offered, how are we supposed to put anyone back on??

Seems to me RDWY has found a "loophole" in the contract to prevent any laid off man from getting put back on "regular" or full time. We have around 20 laid off men working 40+ hours a week. By contract we can't put them back on full time because the hour count doesn't qualify them back.

I want them back on full time, but can't qualify a single man.:chairshot:

Any ideas?? :hide: DS.

D.S. I know different parts of the country have slightly different wording in the contract concerning layoffs. Valdosta currently has 12-13 on layoff. These guys are only getting 2 days a week (Sat & Sun). The company then uses any two other days during the 7 day window as qualifying days where they force every shift overtime and allow as much overtime to the volunteers as they want (up to 5 1/2 hours). Your guys must be getting 4 days with 2 hours overtime each day (I asume). If that is the case, I don't see how to "force" the company's hand.

:chairshot: If that was BKLYN we would tell the men that are working to slow down to a crawl, and let the frieght back up untill they get the message. Roadway forces you to play dirty and we have no problem with backing up there freight.......Don't back down from there games, these are familys there playing with:chairshot: