ABF | Layoffs continue

Probably none of us on TB were old enough to be in trucking when Breeze was on the road to know if he is a veteran of driving in blizzard conditons. I just hope I am still above ground when I get to his age & will be even more thankful if I am still able to do what he does.
I'm not too far behind him in the "old enough" department and we likely overlapped quite a bit during our driving years except he stopped a while ago while I ran my last trip during July of last year just before Yellow closed. I had to keep driving because I didn't have all those Mason jars buried in my back yard. :duh:

I'm not too far behind him in the "old enough" department and we likely overlapped quite a bit during our driving years except he stopped a while ago while I ran my last trip during July of last year just before Yellow closed. I had to keep driving because I didn't have all those Mason jars buried in my back yard. :duh:
Or…..maybe Breeze did not take all the lunch breaks that you did and finished his career sooner!!! :17142::17142::17142:

I really hope so. I'm at FedEx and been here 5 years. I've never seen it this bad.
We are hiring a guy. A Fed Ex driver came for an interview on Wednesday they called him on Friday to send him for a physical & he told them he had two other interviews. I never seen ABF fast track someone through so fast. In the meantime we had a guy from XPO call looking for a job, we could actually use two guys we are hammered with out bound….

We are hiring a guy. A Fed Ex driver came for an interview on Wednesday they called him on Friday to send him for a physical & he told them he had two other interviews. I never seen ABF fast track someone through so fast. In the meantime we had a guy from XPO call looking for a job, we could actually use two guys we are hammered with out bound….
Update, Fed Ex guy is out and they interviewed a New Penn guy this week....

Still wont hire ex Yellow drivers for some reason.

We have hired more than twenty in Little Rock alone!!!
They have hired something like thirty-five in KC, but word is they have since laid-off fifteen of them. But, they are hiring ex Yellow for city/Dock in some places. Not sure about the road side as we have not hired any yet here at the Rock!!!
He laughed at my post like I’m making it up….You can’t get a job if you don’t apply…..