ABF | layoffs mean more o.t.

We questioned the SAFETY DEPT at our terminal (Kevin S.) an told him if we can refuse to go back out on the road if were FATIGUED.He told us that we cannot refuse to do the work, but just take the truck down the road and take a nap.
We as the B/A the same question and got the same answer.
NOBODY WANTS TO STAND UP FOR US!!!

I am not sure...

We questioned the SAFETY DEPT at our terminal (Kevin S.) an told him if we can refuse to go back out on the road if were FATIGUED.He told us that we cannot refuse to do the work, but just take the truck down the road and take a nap.
We as the B/A the same question and got the same answer.
NOBODY WANTS TO STAND UP FOR US!!!

..where in the Union handbook it has it but it is in there about forced overtime.... If you are serious about this....ask your steward to show you in black and white where it says I can be forced back out after my 10th hour.
I did this one time...I wrote out a piece of paper that said...." I am forcing (insert name) to continue working after informing my supervisor(insert name) that I am fatigued and feel unsafe driving"........Take it to the supervisor and have him sign it....bet he doesn't!!!!
I am not a trouble maker at my barn but I am not going to be crapped on either lol.I have made it a point before to make sure I come back into the yard after my 10th hour that way they can't force you back out.....remember your steward works for you and so does your BA...hold them to task:smilie_132:

..where in the Union handbook it has it but it is in there about forced overtime.... If you are serious about this....ask your steward to show you in black and white where it says I can be forced back out after my 10th hour.
I did this one time...I wrote out a piece of paper that said...." I am forcing (insert name) to continue working after informing my supervisor(insert name) that I am fatigued and feel unsafe driving"........Take it to the supervisor and have him sign it....bet he doesn't!!!!
I am not a trouble maker at my barn but I am not going to be crapped on either lol.I have made it a point before to make sure I come back into the yard after my 10th hour that way they can't force you back out.....remember your steward works for you and so does your BA...hold them to task:smilie_132:

You are on point with that as I also said in front of witnesses to a supervisor, "are you telling me to committ an unsafe act" and before you hit your timecard you tell the supervisor all I can give you is ten today. It amazes me at times how they try to spring stuff on you like "you all I got".
aid you knew about this b4 letting those other guys go home. I like the language up north where they have to give you notice of O/T 3 hrs before the end of your shift.

We have the same problems in Albany,steady guys working 55-60 hrs and the rest of the work force sitting home.I book-off when possible if a junior guy gets the day.But they would'nt replace me until the TM gives the ok. And the real kick in the balls is when they call the steady workers on the inbound crew to come in 2 hrs early.When I refuse to start early, they tell me that they will force me in 1 hr. because its in the contract (or I'm done).
The local tells us that we cannot tell them how they should run their co.
I feel bad for the guys not working but they have to put more pressure on the local to get more intouch with the regional manager and try to reason with them.
In most cases its not that the steady guys want to work o/t,its forced on us. Because the wording in the contract lets them.
When they put the 25% rule in it should have been set-up for each day of the week not the hole week.

Layoffs At Dayton (064)

10 more dock workers let go 2/21. Brings total this month to 24. rumor mill says that dayton is going trying reducing dock to total of 120.............former dayton dock worker