FedEx Freight | Layoffs?

Does the policy state anything about daytime bid guys dovetailing to nights xtraboard?

At my hub day time bids who aren’t getting out are coming to nights and then pushing back the xtraboard and making things more difficult.

Let the bleeding begin

My hub is rebidding very soon. Talks of 3-6 runs being lost

We're rebidding soon too. Last bid was a month ago.

Does the policy state anything about daytime bid guys dovetailing to nights xtraboard?

At my hub day time bids who aren’t getting out are coming to nights and then pushing back the xtraboard and making things more difficult.

Let the bleeding begin

That's happening with me too.

We're rebidding soon too. Last bid was a month ago.

That's happening with me too.
Yeah it actually sucks. You are a certain number Mon-Wed then find out Thurs you are 2 spots back because of daytime. Again they are making the bleeding worse by this.

How can someone just come off of THEIR day run and go to a whole opposite shift. You are just abandoning your bid and it makes no sense

Let the bleeding begin
Seniority. When you get canceled you go to board in your seniority.

Use too daytime couldn't do that because policy said they had to protect their bid, but when dispatch was messing up and not offering something or forgetting to call someone that was canceled hrs earlier. People were filing and getting paid.
So corporate changed the policy to avoid paying when people filed.

Now if you are offered anything at night and you refuse they deny your claim because you had a chance to work and refused even though you have a daytime bid.

Yeah it actually sucks. You are a certain number Mon-Wed then find out Thurs you are 2 spots back because of daytime. Again they are making the bleeding worse by this.

How can someone just come off of THEIR day run and go to a whole opposite shift. You are just abandoning your bid and it makes no sense

Yep. I've worked 3 days this week. I'd be very surprised if I get anything tonight.

I knew this week would be this way when I got back Wednesday morning and saw all the trucks parked.

Yep. I've worked 3 days this week. I'd be very surprised if I get anything tonight.

I knew this week would be this way when I got back Wednesday morning and saw all the trucks parked.
Purchase running good though! They are canceling bids in Nashville, but running purchase in those lanes.. That's garbage IMO!

I didn't ask for s@#t! I haven't eaten at terminal cookout in I don't know when... Mainly because I don't want to look at our upper management... Or stand in line with a ticket to get something like I'm in a government bread line!
Sorry, you missed out on all those treats.
Our switchers recorded all the trailer numbers as they were sent to the pig, if the extraboard didn't get out, he was paid a trip.
The company claimed they could come out ahead by paying the men to stay home. because the empty trailers were railed from Miami to Jax free of charge.
I guess it all depends on (WHAT KIND OF CARD DO YOU HAVE IN YOUR WALLET?)