Yellow | Leave yrc for those who want to work there

Volnuck

TB Lurker
Credits
I realize that being union is all about seniority, voting, and equality. I agree that those are all good things. However, YRC is not a normal situation. This company has made many devastating decisions. I can't believe they made it thru the YRC - ROADWAY merger. I was there and how it still exists is nothing short of a miracle. Everyone has been hurt, gave concessions, and give back more than their fare share. However, I think it is now time to step back and look at reality. If you are tired of YRC walk away, don't vote and move on. If you want to continue to work at YRC vote yes and hope it works. Everyone needs to let their personal vendettas with YRC go and think about those who still want their job. Many will not agree with this but that's ok too.

Good post Volnuck This company is going to die .But I'm voting yes and hope it dies a slow death What I mean I will keep working and start looking for a better job. Better for me to be out there by myself rather then 100 or 200 looking for the same job.

Well said but many will disagree. Why? the reason why would be many people feel they deserve what they had, what we had. The stupid decision to merge these two companies is far behind us but we live with it each day as well. There are tons of people that believe our pay and pension should be restored. I also believe gas should be under a dollar a gallon. Those days are far over. So we will pay for our gas and we will put up with the B.S. maybe. No one will quit either way, why again? again because I've earned it.

Personally I hope God has in hand in this.

20% of the drivers at my EOL terminal have quit in the last 6 months and the Company can't attract new peeps. Why is this? Hoffa keeps talking about organizing the LTL companies but how many have signed on in the last 5 years. He's only worried about the loss of 15 million in dues a year when this ship sinks.

You mean like the guys before you that got you what you have now right?

The NMFA turned 50 years old last week. I have enjoyed many benefits of others hard work. I have stood on the picket line and done the work. 50 years means adapt or die. Hardheaded attitudes look good on the internet but not real tasty on the " supper table" .

I realize that being union is all about seniority, voting, and equality. I agree that those are all good things. However, YRC is not a normal situation. This company has made many devastating decisions. I can't believe they made it thru the YRC - ROADWAY merger. I was there and how it still exists is nothing short of a miracle. Everyone has been hurt, gave concessions, and give back more than their fare share. However, I think it is now time to step back and look at reality. If you are tired of YRC walk away, don't vote and move on. If you want to continue to work at YRC vote yes and hope it works. Everyone needs to let their personal vendettas with YRC go and think about those who still want their job. Many will not agree with this but that's ok too.
I have disagreed with much of what you've been posting in the past three weeks, but I have to give you credit for this post. Agreed: if you don't want to work for this company, if you don't want to be part of the solution, if you persist in being part of the problem; then yes, please go elsewhere.
Make no mistake about it; I'm pissed off too. I work hard and deserve every dime of scale+pension+h&w+plus a lot more. I want all of us to have those things. However, some of our brothers seem to think that paychecks simply fall out of the sky. They don't; they are earned. Our customers don't beg us to haul their freight; they have choices, too many of them. We have to earn our paychecks; we have to earn and maintain our customers' business. Those don't come free!!
When the management screws up (I didn't say "if"), then help fix it. MAKE them fix it. Make them do it right. Make them be the nit-wits because they didn't do it right and we did. Make them follow our lead to success. Let's go!!!

Voting NO does not in any way shape or form mean we don't want to work there it just simply means that we believe we deserve to be treated better & that we will no longer just rubber stamp managements wishes as we slide further into poverty and the management team continues to increase their personal wealth

Vote anyway you want, my only issue is with the close the doors down crowd i hear this close the doors crap every day and all I can think is why the hell does anyone need the doors to close so they can leave, If you want the doors to close then just leave don't be afraid just walk out that door and don't look back

I think to put it in simple terms the ones that say close the doors want go to work elsewhere but if their new job falls through they don't have to listen to why did you quit YRC in the first place. I don't like the concessions anymore than anybody else but then again I like my job and $50,000 plus a year with benefits is better than $25,000 a year with very limited benefits if any. The only reason I am still here to complain is because they changed our Retirement when I was 56 years old with 29.45 years of service my initial plan was retire at 57 with 30 years of service went down the drain, now I am waiting on 62 with about 38 years of service.

even though plan B might be a tad easier to swallow than A was you yes voters need to thank the no voters for getting you that far
As the company says but in the NO fashion .IF YOU WANT TO VOTE YES THEN PLEASE JUST DONT VOTE .
Sound right to me .im sure if little jimmy said it it would convince many sheeple to just not vote .
truth be told many of the yes voters wont be bothered to vote any ways .
many many no voters will be calling off and you yes guys can go in and SUCK up all that OT

Last edited by a moderator:
Voting NO does not in any way shape or form mean we don't want to work there it just simply means that we believe we deserve to be treated better & that we will no longer just rubber stamp managements wishes as we slide further into poverty and the management team continues to increase their personal wealth

So many seem to have a hard time undertanding this.

25 and out fell through for me, as well as 30 and out, now at 30 years, i take a 30% penalty because of age.
i stuck this out due to the retirement promise.

Uh huh. I read your bs.

Yrc says. ...................... "Give us a little or we'll take it all"
Then YOU tell us......................"And if ya don't like it, QUIT. "

NO. I aint quitting for some bootlicking "yes" fanboy and I will vote
Down everything. you quit!

Come on be truthful .most of you yes men dont work .you just spend most of the day in the office bitching about the guys that do .