ABF | Less Pay & Less Time off & the ability to be fired without corroboration

What are you guys so scared of a camera for? They are everywhere. How did they catch the marathon bombers? Why so paranoid?....How many of you tote a cell phone.....Big Brother is eavesdropping all the time.....Don't steal, call in when your delayed, etc...IF, you are fired, it will still have to go to committee......supervisors will be monitored too! It's tit for tat....Just do your job and all they will have is a video of a professional showing how to GIT R DONE!

Doesn't say anywhere that supervisors will be monitored.

i was just wondering if anyone knew that panther owns part of conway,just thinking,where would all of ABF's freight be going,on who's truck?ABF has done their home work.vote no all you want, it wont be stopping any ABF shipments of freight.the writing is on the wall and if you refuse to read it, well that would be your fault.good luck and i think that all of you will be needing it.

I get 2 weeks also, and losing one of them does really suck. I was doing some basic math and based on a 40 hr week at 52 weeks per year @ the rate of pay being 24.43 an hour I would be out $ 7893 for the length of the contract. Granted the more you work the more you would be losing based on the percentage of the year. Counting the vacation as lost revenue (since you are working it now) is tricky and would be like the accounting trick they will use to see us never under the 96% operating ratio. God forbid we shall get a bonus.
Leaning towards a NO vote on this but I don't know if our esteemed leadership is capable of getting us anything better.

at the end of the 5 year contract we will be compensated at 8.5 % for giving up 7%. I believe that in the end we will still be in the neagative due to lost vacation pay. so that 1.5% is BS

What are you guys so scared of a camera for? They are everywhere. How did they catch the marathon bombers? Why so paranoid?....How many of you tote a cell phone.....Big Brother is eavesdropping all the time.....Don't steal, call in when your delayed, etc...IF, you are fired, it will still have to go to committee......supervisors will be monitored too! It's tit for tat....Just do your job and all they will have is a video of a professional showing how to GIT R DONE!

It's not about stationary camera's. After reading your proposed "contract", I can guarantee you will have THESE The Driver Safety and Driver Productivity System | Driver Risk Management ....And then the horrid, ongoing, NEVER ENDING Micromanaging begins. Management will at first state "It's ALL about SAFETY" ....No, it's not. Hit a few bumps it goes off. Not wear a seat-belt ? Your fired. Cell-phone ? (even with a Blue tooth) Fired. Over-rpms ? Fired. Excessive hard braking ? Fired. They WILL use these to get rid of whomever they want. We have these piece's of garbage at BP and when any discipline occurs, the IBT DOES NOTHING. Your toast.

So do I have this right, a new driver has to wait two years to get a vacation ? And take a 7% hit on starting pay and be on call at the companies mercy. May or may not get enough hours to cover his or her benefits.great selling points. We must be the talk of the nons. Union huh ? If the IBT had any chance of organizing anyone, that just went out the window.

After seeing this contract I told our BA we would never be able to organize anyone in the trucking industry. He told us it was a bad deal but they were told to sell it to us. We told him a resounding NO

Good point ultraman. With any luck ABF and UPS Freight employees with reject the offers the IBT has tried to sell them. How is it going to look for the IBT if they are agreeing to deals and the rank and file of these two companies are rejecting them.

So do I have this right, a new driver has to wait two years to get a vacation ? And take a 7% hit on starting pay and be on call at the companies mercy. May or may not get enough hours to cover his or her benefits.great selling points. We must be the talk of the nons. Union huh ? If the IBT had any chance of organizing anyone, that just went out the window.

I had the choice of working for ABF just a few months ago, and a big reason I didn't take the job was the uncertainty of the new contract... I have been following the ongoing contract talks, as I am still interested in working for ABF, but I must say the new contract proposal isn't a good selling point to get new drivers...

Good point ultraman. With any luck ABF and UPS Freight employees with reject the offers the IBT has tried to sell them. How is it going to look for the IBT if they are agreeing to deals and the rank and file of these two companies are rejecting them.

It's our duty to reject this & send them back to the table. HOFFA, SWEETEN WORK FOR US NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND

I had the choice of working for ABF just a few months ago, and a big reason I didn't take the job was the uncertainty of the new contract... I have been following the ongoing contract talks, as I am still interested in working for ABF, but I must say the new contract proposal isn't a good selling point to get new drivers...[/QUOTE
hopefuly we can right this wrong and gain some respect. don"t give up hope on us just yet. the great thing of being union, we have a voice, the bad thing is the union tries to sell us this type of junk lol. but at least the choice is ours, whatever the results will be.

I get 2 weeks also, and losing one of them does really suck. I was doing some basic math and based on a 40 hr week at 52 weeks per year @ the rate of pay being 24.43 an hour I would be out $ 7893 for the length of the contract. Granted the more you work the more you would be losing based on the percentage of the year. Counting the vacation as lost revenue (since you are working it now) is tricky and would be like the accounting trick they will use to see us never under the 96% operating ratio. God forbid we shall get a bonus.
Leaning towards a NO vote on this but I don't know if our esteemed leadership is capable of getting us anything better.

Your calculations are correct on the cut plus loss of one week vacation too. The thing that has me the most worried is giving away 6% of total road miles on top of what they rail would total 21%.

We are gonna sit home get a trip or 2 a week while panther pulls our road freight. There is no way to monitor that it is only 6%.

Vote NO

It's not about stationary camera's. After reading your proposed "contract", I can guarantee you will have THESE The Driver Safety and Driver Productivity System | Driver Risk Management ....And then the horrid, ongoing, NEVER ENDING Micromanaging begins. Management will at first state "It's ALL about SAFETY" ....No, it's not. Hit a few bumps it goes off. Not wear a seat-belt ? Your fired. Cell-phone ? (even with a Blue tooth) Fired. Over-rpms ? Fired. Excessive hard braking ? Fired. They WILL use these to get rid of whomever they want. We have these piece's of garbage at BP and when any discipline occurs, the IBT DOES NOTHING. Your toast.

Yea this is a very good point to all road drivers this is how the monitoring would affect you!!!

Ya thats right the company wouldnt screw us, Last time I heard that was from a goober smoocher who thought he had it made.Plowin the lot,hangin out with the TM,puttin a hot water tank in a dispatchers house etc... come to find out they were trying to get him to run for union steward. He didnt make the cut and doesnt work here any more. PS anyone see any thing about the big add on planned for Memphis. HEY MAYBE WE CAN ALL BUY A BRICK WITH OUR NAME ON IT!!!!!! It was in Judys fav mag DC VELOCITY
F

i was just wondering if anyone knew that panther owns part of conway,just thinking,where would all of ABF's freight be going,on who's truck?ABF has done their home work.vote no all you want, it wont be stopping any ABF shipments of freight.the writing is on the wall and if you refuse to read it, well that would be your fault.good luck and i think that all of you will be needing it.

Please point out the info you have on this. Where is it at so that we can verify what you are saying. Anyone can come here and spout out things. Just let us know where you got the info . Thanks

Ya thats right the company wouldnt screw us, Last time I heard that was from a goober smoocher who thought he had it made.Plowin the lot,hangin out with the TM,puttin a hot water tank in a dispatchers house etc... come to find out they were trying to get him to run for union steward. He didnt make the cut and doesnt work here any more. PS anyone see any thing about the big add on planned for Memphis. HEY MAYBE WE CAN ALL BUY A BRICK WITH OUR NAME ON IT!!!!!! It was in Judys fav mag DC VELOCITY
F

10 million dollar terminal in Memphis right

Please point out the info you have on this. Where is it at so that we can verify what you are saying. Anyone can come here and spout out things. Just let us know where you got the info . Thanks
If I could help out here; Conway has nothing to do with Panther. Panther acquired Conway "now", an expedited service, several years ago. And they may still have equipment that hasn't been rebranded. Other than that, there is no connection.

If I could help out here; Conway has nothing to do with Panther. Panther acquired Conway "now", an expedited service, several years ago. And they may still have equipment that hasn't been rebranded. Other than that, there is no connection.

Thanks for the info...