Holland | Let this be a lesson

Griz

TB Veteran
Credits
Thursday was our (Memphis) birthday party. Hee-Hee. Well as at all good B-day parties our top brass was checking out our spotless dock and hand-shaking when all of the sudden the smiles turned to frowns. Scott W. noticed a hat on one of our city drivers head. It was a Fed Ex hat. You could see the hair on his neck stand up. It was on at that point. To make a long story short, he was asked not to wear that hat to our customers dock. You can make your own conclusions on this, I have mine. Besides that we had a happy B-day. GRIZZ

Do you think wearing fed ex hat at a work is ok?Would you want your drivers to go to your customers like that.I was in the van one time in AT back at the old yard this driver was wearing an ABF hat and coat also had a ABF breifcase the van driver took us to ABF yard first everyone sat and waited for him to get off. After a few moments the driver said are you getting out or what..? And the guy said I work for Holland.

Herrick, I hope your 1st question is not pointed to me. If so, that would be a big NO. Another little sidebar, Scott first asked him if he had any Holland hats. Answer- I have a closet full of them. OOPS-wrong answer.

We have a fedex guy working casual here now and then and I find it offensive for him to even wear his hat on our dock. For a city driver to wear one out and about is just ridiculous.

Thats my point.(no not ment at you Grizz) I would not want one of my Teamster brothers to be walking around with a fed x hat on.We have to protect our jobs it's just plain stuipid.

Hmmm, imagine that........not one Holland employee seen that hat?
Not one Holland / Teamster told him not ask him to take it off before Scott W. even seen it. ???

This fella had just arrived to work. He hadn't even punched in. I agree that still doesn't excuse wearing a competitors hat or any type garment.

food tomorrow at RO..bosses coming. spent Overtime cleaning. Labor to revenue doesn`t matter in this case

Has this guy ever wore the hat before? Maybe he wore it as a protest to everything going on to us since "they" were there for a "good times" party? Just a thought.

Needs to divorce the wife:clap:and find one with better a hat to where.

PS does this person have mental health issue????:TR10driving03:

Ya! he's probably pissed at Yellow...go figure. Bet its just as Benny said, he was making a statement. Maybe he should be applauded for showing some nads, instead of persecuted here on the Holland board. If you guys don't want someone like that send him to YRC, I would be proud to have him as a coworker. :soapbox:

Ya! he's probably pissed at Yellow...go figure. Bet its just as Benny said, he was making a statement. Maybe he should be applauded for showing some nads, instead of persecuted here on the Holland board. If you guys don't want someone like that send him to YRC, I would be proud to have him as a coworker. :soapbox:
If I knew who he was I would be happy to send him your way Mr. YRC. Here at Holland we take pride in our work, we take pride in our trucks, we take pride in our customers, we take pride in delivering their freight claim-free. So you can have the slacker there at YRC...we want Shoemen!:ranting2:

If I knew who he was I would be happy to send him your way Mr. YRC. Here at Holland we take pride in our work, we take pride in our trucks, we take pride in our customers, we take pride in delivering their freight claim-free. So you can have the slacker there at YRC...we want Shoemen!:ranting2:
Why is he a slacker? I surely don't know him but that sounds like something somebody would do to make a point. I would think these actions would **** off the boss and apparently He was the only one with enough "Holland Pride" to make a statement. The rest of the guys were happy to eat the Hot Dogs. Like I said don't know the guy so I'm making up a story. I like my story more than, Holland Pride means sucking down the bosses food, though. I am a guest here so I will bow to your story. :shift:

Why is he a slacker? I surely don't know him but that sounds like something somebody would do to make a point. I would think these actions would **** off the boss and apparently He was the only one with enough "Holland Pride" to make a statement. The rest of the guys were happy to eat the Hot Dogs. Like I said don't know the guy so I'm making up a story. I like my story more than, Holland Pride means sucking down the bosses food, though. I am a guest here so I will bow to your story. :shift:
Thank you for stepping aside....we have freight to haul....watch your feet driver!!!!