Yellow | Lies Lies Lies.....

carlisle 776

TB Lurker
Credits
Wow! who do we believe now with a no vote the doors are closing and with a yes vote we get screwed an other 5 years.
Now we are looking at other options WTF. Hey Welsh pull your head out of your butt open YOUR wallet and those or all YOUR CRONIES
and put up some CASH like we did for 5 years. I f you have good lawyers and I'm sure you do, take some CASH from Zollars too.
I am so disappointed in our teamster leadership with the lies they have told us, like if you guys vote no they are closing the doors and there is NO
plan B and now all of a sudden the guys voted no and now we support your decision and are behind the members. Please !!
I'm a 26 year Teamster and have been through a lot of crap in the last 5 years. I work the dock and I don't have a CDL but I don't have a problem
with a CDL qualified man making more money than I do. As a 20 year steward I fully respect my brother drivers but for the 4500 dockworkers in
this company no raises is a slap in the face nobody can load trailers like we do NOBODY. Stand fast BROTHERS and let the chips fall.

One of my main reasons for voting no was the backstabbing that non cdl workers were going to get, both dock and clerks. No raises for anyone is unacceptable. It was a ploy to divide us and it didn't work. The I got mine, screw you mentality They tried will now have to be rethought.

too many cuts and freezes, the bonus was already going to come out of my cuts in my vacation pay. junior men did not want to give a week, drivers refused the purchased transportation, dock, clerical, etc wanted no parts of a freeze. we are already paying for our benefits with a 15% cut, they are not free. absenteeism policy painted a target on older employees with health challenges of their own or at home. profit sharing was too low, but unlikely anyway.
there was something for everyone to hate in this mou, there needs to be something to like.
retaliation is already in the works, prepare to be repeatedly whipped until you see the error of your ways.

The beatings will continue until moral improves?

After 3 1/2 years of consolidation, Yellow and Roadway are still separate companies. We moved into the Roadway terminal in our city where we were double breasted. The Yellow employees never felt at home and were treated as such. Even after a few years, we have all gotten along for the most part, but are still Yellow and Roadwy. It is still us and them. No pride in our work. No pride in YRC. No striving for the same goals. I think as individuals we all have pride, but it doesn't translate Into company pride. I have a nephew who was with Holland for 14 years. Due to all of the hatred on a daily basis since Yellow purchased them, he quit and went into a totally different business. Holland lost one of their top employees. Albag you hit on the head. NO MORAL NOWHERE IN THE SYSTEM

Volnuck I feel your pain, went to 2 Yellow terminals only to be 2nd guessed with almost every move up until the day I left, even though I didnt go far I still feel it was the best thing I could do, and actually am back to enjoying going to work,, atleast to some degree..

Volnuck with each passing day the effort to go to work increases. I don't dislike the people I work with. But I don't like seeing what has become of a job I really enjoyed doing. It's not the money or the pension. It's the genuine sadness that has invaded our entire organization. There is little or no recognition of the contributions each and every employee makes. Whether Teamster or not. EVERYONE needs to focus on the future. We're trying to accomplish something that has NEVER been done before.
RESERECT A UNION LTL TRUCKING COMPANY. We've been on life support for years. And there are many who would gladly pull the plug. But I want to be part of a miracle. And I believe it can be done. It will be neither painless or easy. But that miracle requires all stakeholders to believe also. Customers, Lenders, the IBT, YRCW management, non Teamster office employees and of course ALL Teamsters.

I feel for you all
Wow! who do we believe now with a no vote the doors are closing and with a yes vote we get screwed an other 5 years.
Now we are looking at other options WTF. Hey Welsh pull your head out of your butt open YOUR wallet and those or all YOUR CRONIES
and put up some CASH like we did for 5 years. I f you have good lawyers and I'm sure you do, take some CASH from Zollars too.
I am so disappointed in our teamster leadership with the lies they have told us, like if you guys vote no they are closing the doors and there is NO
plan B and now all of a sudden the guys voted no and now we support your decision and are behind the members. Please !!
I'm a 26 year Teamster and have been through a lot of crap in the last 5 years. I work the dock and I don't have a CDL but I don't have a problem
with a CDL qualified man making more money than I do. As a 20 year steward I fully respect my brother drivers but for the 4500 dockworkers in
this company no raises is a slap in the face nobody can load trailers like we do NOBODY. Stand fast BROTHERS and let the chips fall.

Volnuck with each passing day the effort to go to work increases. I don't dislike the people I work with. But I don't like seeing what has become of a job I really enjoyed doing. It's not the money or the pension. It's the genuine sadness that has invaded our entire organization. There is little or no recognition of the contributions each and every employee makes. Whether Teamster or not. EVERYONE needs to focus on the future. We're trying to accomplish something that has NEVER been done before.
RESERECT A UNION LTL TRUCKING COMPANY. We've been on life support for years. And there are many who would gladly pull the plug. But I want to be part of a miracle. And I believe it can be done. It will be neither painless or easy. But that miracle requires all stakeholders to believe also. Customers, Lenders, the IBT, YRCW management, non Teamster office employees and of course ALL Teamsters.
I can hear the same pain from you that I have felt. As I said earlier, I had to retire last Feb. due to back injuries and ruptured colon. I have treated all of the Roadway guys (90% of our seniority list) with kindness and respect just as Yellow guys(we are all God' people). I have never received the first call from a Roadway employee in almost a year(just proves my point). Many of these men I called about them and their families when they had illness while I was still working, SAD. I have great respect for your opinion Albag.

al, the one comment that always stuck out in my mind with the Yellow rank and file was how many t-shirts, sweatshirts, and coats the Roadway rank and file had and how much money we paid for all of this,, and how thier eyes would light up when we told them we didnt pay for them they were given,, now I wasnt gonna pay for their uniforms, but then again why?? I bet I had 20 t-shirts at one time. Or the Safety Points that was a great program, vanished,,, those IPI cookouts,,, gone,, its like everything positive we worked for that mightve cost a little, but kept morale and pride was taken away just before the merge..

Well gentleman and ladies the scaretactics and the bk mongering seems to be permeating from the company and some from the union itself.
Wow...dont we all have anything better to do than worry about this worldwide company?Good golly gracious.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

I can hear the same pain from you that I have felt. As I said earlier, I had to retire last Feb. due to back injuries and ruptured colon. I have treated all of the Roadway guys (90% of our seniority list) with kindness and respect just as Yellow guys(we are all God' people). I have never received the first call from a Roadway employee in almost a year(just proves my point). Many of these men I called about them and their families when they had illness while I was still working, SAD. I have great respect for your opinion Albag.

al, the one comment that always stuck out in my mind with the Yellow rank and file was how many t-shirts, sweatshirts, and coats the Roadway rank and file had and how much money we paid for all of this,, and how thier eyes would light up when we told them we didnt pay for them they were given,, now I wasnt gonna pay for their uniforms, but then again why?? I bet I had 20 t-shirts at one time. Or the Safety Points that was a great program, vanished,,, those IPI cookouts,,, gone,, its like everything positive we worked for that mightve cost a little, but kept morale and pride was taken away just before the merge..

It's posts and the sentiment expressed such as these that sustains my optimism. I put all my pessimism aside when I'm at work. I am sincerely glad to see the men and women who, regardless of heritage or job, are my friends. Dispatchers, drivers, clerks, spotters, dockmen, maintenance or janitors none of these men and women were involved in decisions that led to our dilemma. We all need to try and look beyond where we are. I've said how hard it is to go to work. But once I get there I am HAPPY, not with the job, but because I see people I genuinely like and care about.

It's posts and the sentiment expressed such as these that sustains my optimism. I put all my pessimism aside when I'm at work. I am sincerely glad to see the men and women who, regardless of heritage or job, are my friends. Dispatchers, drivers, clerks, spotters, dockmen, maintenance or janitors none of these men and women were involved in decisions that led to our dilemma. We all need to try and look beyond where we are. I've said how hard it is to go to work. But once I get there I am HAPPY, not with the job, but because I see people I genuinely like and care about.
It's a thousand times easier to have optimism on the road. You get in the truck and leave it behind for several hours. On the dock there is no escaping pessimism. For instance, when I worked at Yellow, we typically had two or three supervisors in Indy's 177 door terminal. Before the merge we got a Roadway TM and warnings started (I hadn't had a warning of any type in 10 years). Pessimism was rampant, people worried more for their future layoff than their job at hand. That 'working for the Roadway' thing entered greatly in my decision to resign. There were many other factors, but I couldn't see continuing to be uncomfortable at a job. Life's too short for the stress...

Several problems: 1: you can't order W or Z to do anything. You have zero power over their finances. Jealousy gets you nowhere. 2: even if the Board of Directors worked for free, it wouldn't be enough savings to make a financial difference. 3: unless you post your W2 showing fullscale pay, and a 1099 Misc Income form where you paid YRC income, plus a cancelled cleared check
From you to YRC- you paid/gave back NOTHING, so quit with the 'we gave them 3.4 Billion LIES! The deal was horrible on its own merits- doesn't need your lies and jealousies to compound the issue. People nationwide are laughing at the lunacy that you guys probably voted to put yourselves on unemployment 'for pride'. Pride in oneself is good, but try cashing it at the grocer. Time for logic, not emotion...

I still love my job and all the great people I work with. There is not a more professional or competent group of people that I know of. It was extremely hard to vote no because I have been out there and seen the other side of the job world and it stinks (to put it mildly). That being said, there comes a time when you have to stand up and be counted. Top level management has pushed us to the wall too many times and asking for even more concessions is beyond the pale. I fully expected them to try and extend the current contract as it was and was prepared for that, but to not even negotiate with the IBT and dictate an ultimatum in such a fashion was unacceptable. Unless they can get off their high horse and negotiate a reasonable deal I have nothing more to say. Pride may not pay the grocer, but it makes it better to look at yourself as a man at the end of the day instead of a groveling serf who will do anything to save a job.

I still love my job and all the great people I work with. There is not a more professional or competent group of people that I know of. It was extremely hard to vote no because I have been out there and seen the other side of the job world and it stinks (to put it mildly). That being said, there comes a time when you have to stand up and be counted. Top level management has pushed us to the wall too many times and asking for even more concessions is beyond the pale. I fully expected them to try and extend the current contract as it was and was prepared for that, but to not even negotiate with the IBT and dictate an ultimatum in such a fashion was unacceptable. Unless they can get off their high horse and negotiate a reasonable deal I have nothing more to say. Pride may not pay the grocer, but it makes it better to look at yourself as a man at the end of the day instead of a groveling serf who will do anything to save a job.

Who's groveling? Only the ones who stay. Leave, get a good job now- before the rush. (I did)

What if it was the Banks calling the shots, not Welch or Hoffa? OK- so Welch wrote the proposal, but at the behest of the bank's ultimatum to save 'x' amount. I really believe he was truly shocked and has no other plan..*.

If every one leaves who hates this bullcrap then the doors would be closed anyways . Then you will still be bitching that guys let the teamsters down and helped the company get the teamsters out of freight. You gave up with out a fight right from the get go . these guys have tried to live with this crap for a long time now . harder and harder week by week to pay their bills even with all the ot they can scrape together.
You all that think that they yrc teamsters should just bend over and take more just because you think so should just butt out .
If you think the guys should take it to keep the ibt alive maybe you should look at the 2014 ibt real close and think maybe its not worth saving any more since they are more company the what WE think teamsters should be.
It sure isn't your grand dads teamsters any more.
I f you think guys should take more just so you can get that little bit of retirement you may have ,you can forget that .that money is gone and you will be lucky to see a dime either way it goes.

Who's groveling? Only the ones who stay. Leave, get a good job now- before the rush. (I did)

What if it was the Banks calling the shots, not Welch or Hoffa? OK- so Welch wrote the proposal, but at the behest of the bank's ultimatum to save 'x' amount. I really believe he was truly shocked and has no other plan..*.

why is your answer the only right one? if people want to stay to the end trying to better the situation, more power to them. and the same goes to you if leaving was best thing for you & yours more power to ya! what works for one man don't work for the next,