XPO | Life beyond Blue Cool-Aid

RedStapler

TB Lurker
Credits
Well I found a new gig. I run a hosteling tractor for YRC Logistics (formerly Meridian IQ). I just shuttle trailers between a warehouse and cross dock all night. I'm the only guy who has hard core LTL run like a jackrabbit on crack hosteling experience so I'm faster than the other guys they have.

When I came in on Monday I had a brand new 2007 International with 84 miles on it waiting for me. 10 speed, AC, Stereo with CD player. :D

After dealing with all the 6-8+ year old neglected junk at CWX it feel like I'm in some parallel universe where all the equipment is new and ALL the pups have lift gates.

I still find myself using the Nextel number for dispatch at Con-Way.

It is a 10% pay cut with 90% less stress. The grass IS actually greener on the other side of the fence. :kicking:

I do miss 99% of my co-workers. Its the 1% in management that was the deal breaker.

good move

congrats on your new move!!!! with the way this place has been lately, im sure others will be taking the plunge very soon also. conway is not the employee oriented company it once was. nor is it the company it once was. once again, congrats, and good luck! :smilie_132:

I think there are a lot of people here who are thinking about a 10-20% pay cut for the 90% less stress. Good for you!:1036316054: I would imagine 80% of our workforce would accell at other places like you are. Management better wake up and smell the coffee. The ones they're losing are the good ones. Best of luck to you!!

It is a 10% pay cut with 90% less stress. The grass IS actually greener on the other side of the fence. :kicking:

I do miss 99% of my co-workers. Its the 1% in management that was the deal breaker.

Good for you! :1036316054:
You found out happiness far outweighs the day in and day out inept management and unnecessary stress brought on by Con-way.

I'm also a jumper and the grass is also beautiful! It's like night and day. I beat myself over the head for not realizing it sooner.

Stress if severe enough, can effect your physical or mental functioning and result in visits to your doctor (co-pays). It can kill you.
If anyone is stressed because of the job but does not want to quit, research this and save yourself.

Good Luck in your future with YRC Logistics!

Well I found a new gig. I run a hosteling tractor for YRC Logistics (formerly Meridian IQ). I just shuttle trailers between a warehouse and cross dock all night. I'm the only guy who has hard core LTL run like a jackrabbit on crack hosteling experience so I'm faster than the other guys they have.

When I came in on Monday I had a brand new 2007 International with 84 miles on it waiting for me. 10 speed, AC, Stereo with CD player. :D

After dealing with all the 6-8+ year old neglected junk at CWX it feel like I'm in some parallel universe where all the equipment is new and ALL the pups have lift gates.

Good for you!

Everytime I read a post like this, I think of a one panel comic I saw long ago in National Lampoon mag. In it people were walking on the sidewalks with carrots hanging from sticks attached to their backs in front of them but they were all stopped in place staring in amazement at a guy with the string from his stick in his mouth and he was chewing.

Congrats! Red Stapler. I have been coming to this site for almost a year now
and never posted any thing untill I read this forum this morning I am sick and tired of working my A** off for conway and being stressed out for people who dont even care about you. I to am looking for another job along with several other employee's who are also tired of conway's
abuse, ""from upper management"". I to believe that the grass is greener on the other side and can't wait untill I can say so long to a company I have grown to hate so much.

Congrats! Red Stapler. I have been coming to this site for almost a year now
and never posted any thing untill I read this forum this morning I am sick and tired of working my A** off for conway and being stressed out for people who dont even care about you. I to am looking for another job along with several other employee's who are also tired of conway's
abuse, ""from upper management"". I to believe that the grass is greener on the other side and can't wait untill I can say so long to a company I have grown to hate so much.
If you are convinced they don't care, then why are you "working your A** off"?
Why get yourself "stressed out" over people who don't care?
There are so many driving jobs out there, I'm sure you could easily find one that would treat you better than Big Blue. I'm just amazed that ANYBODY would stay one day longer at a job they hate so much when there are lots of opportunities out there.
Just remember, the grass may look greener, but when you look closely, you're still gonna find some weeds.:shrug:

If you are convinced they don't care, then why are you "working your A** off"?
Why get yourself "stressed out" over people who don't care?
There are so many driving jobs out there, I'm sure you could easily find one that would treat you better than Big Blue. I'm just amazed that ANYBODY would stay one day longer at a job they hate so much when there are lots of opportunities out there.
Just remember, the grass may look greener, but when you look closely, you're still gonna find some weeds.:shrug:

Continue to be amazed. I hate this company and I have no intention of leaving. I'm not stressed and I no longer work my arse off.

I commend those that do leave and sincerely wish them the best.

You know, thinking about it; I too am amazed that anyone works their arse off around here anymore.

Continue to be amazed. I hate this company and I have no intention of leaving. I'm not stressed and I no longer work my arse off.

I commend those that do leave and sincerely wish them the best.

You know, thinking about it; I too am amazed that anyone works their arse off around here anymore.

I agree! Everyone has there own reasons for staying and threshold of pain before jumping ship.

I remember employees working hard, going that extra mile, especially for a star card, Quarterly leader award and even the Presidents award.
Once Con-way started becoming Indian givers through forensic accounting and newer (never been a driver) local management started hatching and becoming inept, morale sunk low and is probably still low....phew that was a long winded one...anyway.....Employees started giving minimal amount of labor. Not all give the bare minimum, but I would have to say most.

Maybe the enhanced ICP is their way of boosting morale?

It think it's amazing how they keep trying to push this quarterly leader award. They're always telling us to nominate someone. There's bigger things to worry about. I think it's one of things like the star cards, just a show for the stockholders; Look what we do for our employees.

It think it's amazing how they keep trying to push this quarterly leader award. They're always telling us to nominate someone. There's bigger things to worry about. I think it's one of things like the star cards, just a show for the stockholders; Look what we do for our employees.

I agree, I think it's also how they become nomintated as "Most Admired Employer".
One thing's for sure, the employees would have never voted for Con-way.

I also think they need to own up and talk about the bad parts of the employee surveys to you guys/gals.

green grass

i left a otr job to come here over 2 years ago/i truly thought the grass would be better here but in reality its brown haha/only reason still here for me is at least im home everyday! just my two cents:smilie_132::hysterical:

I agree, I think it's also how they become nomintated as "Most Admired Employer".
One thing's for sure, the employees would have never voted for Con-way.

I also think they need to own up and talk about the bad parts of the employee surveys to you guys/gals.

I don't think there are bad parts/good parts. One of the first things I noticed when I started was the fear and intimidation management style. To sustain that, you need some kind of barometer to know how it's working. you can do yourself a service by answering the polar opposite of what is true.

I don't think there are bad parts/good parts. One of the first things I noticed when I started was the fear and intimidation management style. To sustain that, you need some kind of barometer to know how it's working. you can do yourself a service by answering the polar opposite of what is true.

Sadly, when dealing with power hungry ego-maniacs, your approach may be the best. BUT then I get to thinking that the more they think the working units will take (or give), the more they can dish out (or take back).

I dunno.

RS, good for you:1036316054:

Until Randy A. came to town from USU I did not see too much of the fear and intimation style of management at URE. I had heard about it at the USA FAC from others but had yet to see much of it.

Randy he would take me into an office and attempt to badger and browbeat me regarding my performance. He did not like the fact that I had a backbone and was not afraid to call "BS!" when I smelt it. He was the one who called me in on a Saturday in gross violation of my service rank.

Most everyone I know who has left Con-Way for other gigs is happier. I have a friend and former co-worker who was on OB dock with me for a while who now runs a Yard Goat out at the Wally-World DC east of town. He is much happier.

It's almost like Con-Way wants to be the farm team for local driving. They hire guys with no experience, spend good $ to train them and then proceed to shove them out the door with sub par pay and management.

Pouring gas on the fire is a pay scheme that encourages you to jump ship at the 12-24 month level. CWX takes 51 months to to out while everyone else tops is 18-24.