SAIA | Life of new employee

Ohio boy

TB Lurker
Credits
Hi, Just wondering if anyone can give me some input on what it’s like to be a new city driver at Saia…. On call? Start times? Total hours worked? Thanks

Hi, Just wondering if anyone can give me some input on what it’s like to be a new city driver at Saia…. On call? Start times? Total hours worked? Thanks

It depends on the location. Some terminals have to wake up every day at 5 AM and check the calendar for their start time for the day and others have set start times. Some terminals are cutting drivers. Some are working drivers 45 to 50 hours a week. It’s all depending on the location if you don’t mind sharing I may can help more.

It depends on the location. Some terminals have to wake up every day at 5 AM and check the calendar for their start time for the day and others have set start times. Some terminals are cutting drivers. Some are working drivers 45 to 50 hours a week. It’s all depending on the location if you don’t mind sharing I may can help more.
Thanks! Youngstown terminal

Thanks! Youngstown terminal

Sorry I am late getting back to you. I don’t have much but, thirteen acres and a good size garden keep me busy on the weekends.

Youngstown is only a couple of years old. It is a smaller terminal. Most smaller terminals either all have set start times or know the day before what time to start the next day. Freight levels are kind of flat right now but most guys at my location are getting their forty. To my knowledge no drivers work the dock here. I know my location can sign up for extra linehaul on weekends but we are a break terminal.

Sorry I am late getting back to you. I don’t have much but, thirteen acres and a good size garden keep me busy on the weekends.

Youngstown is only a couple of years old. It is a smaller terminal. Most smaller terminals either all have set start times or know the day before what time to start the next day. Freight levels are kind of flat right now but most guys at my location are getting their forty. To my knowledge no drivers work the dock here. I know my location can sign up for extra linehaul on weekends but we are a break terminal.
Must be something in the water up there, my wife handles 10 acres with no problems.
I tell her to (get with the program) or I'll park the tractor and get her a mule.
She's mulching blueberries while I rest.

Look like Saia's business was up over 14% Operated at an 84, CWT was up by 10.5%
I'd say business was very good...