R&L | Linehaul cuts

IMO

TB Lurker
Credits
Cutting runs like crazy in Midwest. Looks to me just 1 company day cab driver in each direction to cover overnight freight. A lot of outside power, outside contractors, what ever you want to call them. I know of at least 15 runs cut and rerouted with outside carriers between 3 terminals. Drivers offered city route, most that I know are quitting or already have. These are well established runs that a lot of senior drivers are on. Any stabs at why? I have heard management say that they save more money doing it this way. If that's the case, Old Dominion is the poorest LTL outfit nation wide. My meet spot is full of other LTL that seem to add a run every year, and R+L went from 3 runs to 1 run, and cant even get that 1 run to run on a normal schedule (Always late, every night). Best I have heard so far was to get a head count down because of Obamacare. Cost per employee. East or West doing any of this stuff?

Cutting runs like crazy in Midwest. Looks to me just 1 company day cab driver in each direction to cover overnight freight. A lot of outside power, outside contractors, what ever you want to call them. I know of at least 15 runs cut and rerouted with outside carriers between 3 terminals. Drivers offered city route, most that I know are quitting or already have. These are well established runs that a lot of senior drivers are on. Any stabs at why? I have heard management say that they save more money doing it this way. If that's the case, Old Dominion is the poorest LTL outfit nation wide. My meet spot is full of other LTL that seem to add a run every year, and R+L went from 3 runs to 1 run, and cant even get that 1 run to run on a normal schedule (Always late, every night). Best I have heard so far was to get a head count down because of Obamacare. Cost per employee. East or West doing any of this stuff?

We've seen this before. The next step will be to start getting rid of the teams again. It didn't work for them the first time, what makes them think it will this time?

Spongebob & little R have definitely got us on a downsize diet. We've lost runs to outside carriers and also due to lack of freight.
What concerns me is that I don't see them making any kind of effort to get the business back.

same down south. it don't look like a rl carriers terminal so many run cut in atl a lot of run cut and outside carrier get out before we do. cut run to put on rail I never thought it get this bad .

Alright, thanks for the input from your end guys. Guess I will go back to being Thankful for starting here over 10 yrs. ago and bidding a run that your left alone to run it, even though they try their hardest to make it a miserable run. GOD Bless.

Spongebob & little R have definitely got us on a downsize diet. We've lost runs to outside carriers and also due to lack of freight.
What concerns me is that I don't see them making any kind of effort to get the business back.

We have plenty of freight, just garbage freight. Like the 6000 lbs of hardwood flooring I had to unload by hand today.

We've been unusually heavy all winter long, but instead of adding back the runs they cut,
the freight has been sitting for a day or two to be pulled be a team or another terminal coming
through.