SAIA | Linehaul /dock Work

Some linehaul runs have dock time built into them and others have workoffs scheduled. During the week the terminal would handle the workoffs but, on the weekends, guess who? At any time but rarely, Central Dispatch will schedule a drop off be made and that is never optional.

If your asked to then it’s optional , if you’re told to then it’s mandatory no matter what your title is and I suggest you do so or you’ll walk.
So your answer is there is no company written policy on dock work? You just show up at a center and they either tell you or ask?

So your answer is there is no company written policy on dock work? You just show up at a center and they either tell you or ask?

Yes. That is correct, there’s no written policy, we don’t work under a contract to protect you. Refusal to do work as instructed is insubordination. Agree or not, that’s what they’ll call it. Your more likely to not have to than are but I’ve seen them make LH drivers when there short handed if they have hours left.

Yes. That is correct, there’s no written policy, we don’t work under a contract to protect you. Refusal to do work as instructed is insubordination. Agree or not, that’s what they’ll call it. Your more likely to not have to than are but I’ve seen them make LH drivers when there short handed if they have hours left.
Copy that! Appreciate the info driver

And be very wary of Saia’s “policies”. Definitely not enforced equally from terminal to terminal or employee to employee. Central dispatch records their phone conversations so always obey their instructions. If you get labeled as insubordinate they will get you. As for the punishment, reread my second sentence.