Yellow | Linehaul manger fired

I never said I was Union worker unfriendly. I just gave my experience. If you don't like it its fine with me. Why are union members always so negative towards management for no reason?

Being a supervisor at UPS is not experience. Watching college kids toss shoe boxes into bread trucks is not freight. We have a couple of UPS supervisor flunkies at my barn. They ask the drivers what to do. I told them, "if I need to tell you how to do your job, then you are not my superior you are my subordinate. Worry about your clipboard and keep away from me". LTL companies hire UPS sup flunkies because they are cheap not because they have a clue.

I never said I was Union worker unfriendly. I just gave my experience. If you don't like it its fine with me. Why are union members always so negative towards management for no reason?

Now that's funny right there, I don't care who you are, that's funny.
No reason??? I can see that you have never walked two steps in our shoes, let alone a mile. I will admit that there is a percentage of managers (supervisors) who are decent people who know and practice the golden rule. But that percentage is so low it's pathetic. I will confess to finding you guilty by association due to that low percentage .

White Shirt is a Conway Manager

That explains it all.
One of our laid-off employees applied at Conway.
The TM/TOM gave him the 3rd degree.
Just because he worked for YRC.
Plus, he is one of our GREAT employees.
Concious. Completes his work assignments.
He is truly grateful to be a Teamster and work for YRC.
Now, me, myself, on the other hand.........
We won't go there today.

For as long as I can remember the 309 area has always been a problem. Sad that no change of operations has every considered the workforce involved. Maybe the management is sick of making excuses for not getting it done. Will wait for the next time chicago-land forces everyone to load around them so they can so us all how unified they are. Makes me want to puke.

For as long as I can remember the 309 area has always been a problem. Sad that no change of operations has every considered the workforce involved. Maybe the management is sick of making excuses for not getting it done. Will wait for the next time chicago-land forces everyone to load around them so they can so us all how unified they are. Makes me want to puke.
Chicago Heights and Chicago Ridge were always profitable. The people of Chicago are strong, so the hell with you!!!

Can we see some numbers or proof of the ridge/chicago hrs being so horrible, are u even from this area? ANYWAY wasent one of the mikes made assistant TM a while ago? Makes me wonder ? Hmmm

Has anyone seem i&e figures since the merge? Guess it doesn't matter when we are losing millions every quarter.

I don't think it is just union workers that are not overly friendly with management. Just the nature of the beast.

All workers want (union or non union) is to work without having someone riding them all the time. Give me the job to do and back off and let me get it done. Don't stand by and talk trash or bark at me. Just shut up and get out of the way. Management at union barns (for the most part) feel that they have to be an ass or get in the way rather than just allowing the employee to take care of business. All they do is look for a reason to give out warning letters or try to change things that don't need changing. Why does management try to reinvent the wheel rather than just giving out the work and getting the paperwork taken care of?

I remember not knowing or seeing any management when I started in 1977. The first time i even herd they needed to come on the dock was when we where doing so well that the termM came to the dock at city dispatch time and was walking up too us and thanking us. Gee it was great! Ed McLaughten was his name (-) correct spelling. he walked by a tall can of OldStyle and thought it was mt...he swong at it with his hand and found out it was a live one jonny! s-hit ya know what he did? He poped her open and finished the job fer sure. Also our dockies knew thuer job well because you had the wirk yas was cut fer..i had candy for 13 years and my back gotter stronger every year till Bruno retired and eyes got des tires too brake and stack and those where all tires!! tires that just fit into the door and i remember how proud eyes wer when i could stack them 18 wheel tires up to the ceeling. you talk about pride ask an old timer who his boss was back then.. heed say the dock forman Ed Kroba.. that guy there staring at you now wondering what on Gods earth to do with ya
i have ta go now the boys are at the caberet and i need my medicine before my wife pegs gets here and takes me in

HHHmming Bird?????

As much time & effort they use trying to write up and fire us, they should invest all that time in trying to run an efficient operation instead of trying to disrupt the operation.If a supervisor is standing there watching me work he is foolish to think that its going to make me work any faster.

Off key here, but in the military when a mission is given out the work is delegated to the members and the troops perform their taskings. These are young kids in the 20's doing the the grunt work here without the supervising. The order was given and they go get it done.

Here at YRC it is the opposite where you got experienced Teamsters doing what we been doing for years but this sorry azz management thinks that they are the duty experts when it comes to moving freight...BULLCHIT!!!!

Most of the management, not all of them....if you took their brains and their way of thinking and put it in a bird. That bird would fly backwards,,,,----- so here we are....:shrug::shrug:

Off key here, but in the military when a mission is given out the work is delegated to the members and the troops perform their taskings. These are young kids in the 20's doing the the grunt work here without the supervising. The order was given and they go get it done.

Little bigger stakes there, screw it up and you end up shot by the other side:hysterical:

almost home

hey there I got twenty more days left over here before heading for the states, made it this far don't jinks me brother...LOL Its alright I'm in a green zone for now, to process out of SW Asia, and they serve alcohol here yeaha!!!.:guiness: