Estes | Linehaul position at Effingham or Bloomington, IL

cardinal1

TB Lurker
Credits
I am considering a linehaul position at either of these terminals, can anyone tell me what can be expected at these terminals-miles, work schedule, pay, benefits(health), what experience is required? I drove for Yellow(linehaul) a while back 6+ years.

I am considering a linehaul position at either of these terminals, can anyone tell me what can be expected at these terminals-miles, work schedule, pay, benefits(health), what experience is required? I drove for Yellow(linehaul) a while back 6+ years.
If its extra board which I assume it is because it would be hard to hire in to a schedule run. Then it doesn't really matter what terminal you run out of once your out in the system your just another driver you should get the same runs that everybody else gets. If you run hard and don't complain about the occasional short runs and have a little patience then you can expect to gross between 1300 to 1800. We have great benefits probably the best in the business

A little :butt kiss: goes a loong way. You'll be wearing flip flops and a straw hat to work before long. It's important to get some good sun screen. The sun is rough down here this year. :fan:

We need to make a blanket copy and paste statement to all of the ?'s what's Linehaul or extra bourd like or pay at Estes.... etc etc..............

You can always skip this thread. Apologies for upsetting you. The stupid question is the one not asked grasshopper. Thanks goes out to Cheapjewmexicanhillbilly and Mildew for the info!

You can always skip this thread. Apologies for upsetting you. The stupid question is the one not asked grasshopper. Thanks goes out to Cheapjewmexicanhillbilly and Mildew for the info!
boy oh boy your like the guy in the other thread asking the same ? i didnt mean anything by what i said just that the ? is asked so much here that we could just copy a blanket statement................but as thin skinned as you seem to be you wouldnt make it to far on extra bourd here.................

They have been starting alot of Tues and Weds Starts around here, so you don'T get much a weekend on those, I got put on a Weds when I lost a Hub Run at the First of the year, that is after being here for 11 years, you can find yourself at the bottom here pretty quick, but I took my chances, they do everything here by JOB CATEGORY, City, Linehaul, Utility, Hub, and Utility 2 whatever that is, but anyway get in and get the kind of job you want and stay there. You get screwed if you want to do a variety of things around here.
Big E does things more different then anyone I know left in this industry, Linehaul is where the money is at though, 60,000 to up to 100,000 if you really want to run. But being where you said you want to hire on that is a smaller terminal so they probably go more with the Utility and Hub positions then they do Linehaul, the Linehaulers out here make to much, and Rob don't like that.