Estes | Linehaul To P&d

Ask yourself, how is my health, how heavy a piece of freight am I required to deliver to the second floor. Am I in shape to handle deliveries. Can I get a dock bid & not P & D, What are the type of injuries should I expect doing P & D? Do I want to take my lunch 7 hours after I started & having to ask dispatch when I can take it. Compare the cons of the road to the street doing P & D. Compare what your health might be after 10 years of city work versus another 10 on the road. In the city, you will be under the microscope much more than the road. The road, point A to B. City, many variable things you will do. 1 injury in the city might make you not able to pass a physical. On the road injury, not so much. Hope this helps. von.
I’m in pretty good shape and rather young (less than 40) but I do have back issues, as most truck drivers. I’m afraid p&d work could aggravate those issues. I’ve pretty much decided to stay put for now mainly because I this economy is so volatile right now. Thanks for your thoughts driver

I’m in pretty good shape and rather young (less than 40) but I do have back issues, as most truck drivers. I’m afraid p&d work could aggravate those issues. I’ve pretty much decided to stay put for now mainly because I this economy is so volatile right now. Thanks for your thoughts driver
I was gonna leave estes because of too many hours and the voliatile economy changed my mind , im over 50 , house paid for and no debt do i really need to keep working 12 hours a nite. 6 nites a week( my terminal has forced weekend work)

Maybe a smart move. Think of your health, seniority, & other family issues over the next 10 years. If you have a medical home emergency maybe the company would let you come to the city till it is resolved. I can't tell you what to do. After 20 years @ ABF Indy city board I can tell you for sure the city P & D & dock employees are more beat up & suffer more medical problems that is work related. Not to say the road can suffer, but not like the city board. von.

Family stuff is way overrated in my opinion. I have a close family but a man's job is to provide not to stay home and water the flowers. I'm actually home more running linehaul than I was in the city but still way overrated imo

Family stuff is way overrated in my opinion. I have a close family but a man's job is to provide not to stay home and water the flowers. I'm actually home more running linehaul than I was in the city but still way overrated imo
I had dear family members feel the same way until they became disabled and terminally ill. I never remember anyone I've known when they get seriously ill wish they worked more. It's usually I regret missing things they now realize they can never get back. That said finding a happy medium between providing and family time in trucking isn't an easy thing to accomplish for many.

I don't work for Estes but worked nights for around 15 years. Eating dinner every day with the family is priceless to me. I know where your coming from. Some questions can you withstand the pay cut? How do they treat the city drivers at your barn? re you home every day now? What time approximately would you finish up everyday?
Ďepending on your start time, routing or freight volumes. You will get between 7.5 and 10 hours a day. Everyday is different @ my barn. 5-7 different metropolitan cities.