Yellow | Listen…$57 million more profit?

WOP

TB Lurker
Credits
Wow!!!! $86 million loss for the 4th quarter of 2011 and a $409 million loss for all of 2011.

Have we made life and business too complicated? Has looking at the “ BIG PICTURE” blinded us to the value and practicality of simplicity? Usually, there are simple and practical solutions to seemingly complex problems. What is the one thing that would help YRC turn things around and become profitable? The answer is simple and practical. LISTEN, LISTEN AND LISTEN MORE!!!

There is overwhelming evidence that corporations that perform best are the one’s who listen to their employees; the corporations that “listen up and don‘t dictate down” are invariably the one’s that succeed. Long-term (experienced) employees, in each and every work group, are the experts at their specific jobs and how to streamline/synergize their jobs. And, there is overwhelming evidence that corporations that “dictate down and don’t listen up” are the one’s that lag behind or fail during contractionary (recessionary) economic times especially those corporations saddled with excessive debt.

Imagine adding $57 million, annually, to the bottom line. Every YRC employee I’ve listened to (management and teamster, alike) has indicated that it would be easy for them to save at least half of an hour each day in their job; just ask!!! Do the math!!! Thirty (30) minutes each day results in $57 million more profit each year…$1.1 million more profit each and every week.

Listen up and don‘t dictate down” and thrive ordictate down and don’t listen up” and continue to lag behind or fail.

Both Mr. Welch and Mr. Rogers have indicated the need to “simplifyavoid complexitywork smarter (and) embrace teamwork.” These are excerpted from our (YRC’s) corporate MISSION & CORE VALUES statement and from the most recent issues of INSIDE YRC FREIGHT. What could be more simple, less complex, smarter, and embrace teamwork better than to LISTEN?

Let’s create an environment of listening to release the inherent creative synergies waiting to be unleashed allowing all of us to creatively and collectively save our company.

As Dr. Steven Covey puts it:
When people begin to interact together genuinely, and they're open to each other's influence, they begin to gain new insight. The capability of inventing new approaches is increased exponentially…

That sounds so very simple but,this is Yrc they refuse to listen to any one thier motto is do as I say and not as I do!!!!!!

Wow!!!! $86 million loss for the 4th quarter of 2011 and a $409 million loss for all of 2011.

Have we made life and business too complicated? Has looking at the “ BIG PICTURE” blinded us to the value and practicality of simplicity? Usually, there are simple and practical solutions to seemingly complex problems. What is the one thing that would help YRC turn things around and become profitable? The answer is simple and practical. LISTEN, LISTEN AND LISTEN MORE!!!

There is overwhelming evidence that corporations that perform best are the one’s who listen to their employees; the corporations that “listen up and don‘t dictate down” are invariably the one’s that succeed. Long-term (experienced) employees, in each and every work group, are the experts at their specific jobs and how to streamline/synergize their jobs. And, there is overwhelming evidence that corporations that “dictate down and don’t listen up” are the one’s that lag behind or fail during contractionary (recessionary) economic times especially those corporations saddled with excessive debt.

Imagine adding $57 million, annually, to the bottom line. Every YRC employee I’ve listened to (management and teamster, alike) has indicated that it would be easy for them to save at least half of an hour each day in their job; just ask!!! Do the math!!! Thirty (30) minutes each day results in $57 million more profit each year…$1.1 million more profit each and every week.

Listen up and don‘t dictate down” and thrive ordictate down and don’t listen up” and continue to lag behind or fail.

Both Mr. Welch and Mr. Rogers have indicated the need to “simplifyavoid complexitywork smarter (and) embrace teamwork.” These are excerpted from our (YRC’s) corporate MISSION & CORE VALUES statement and from the most recent issues of INSIDE YRC FREIGHT. What could be more simple, less complex, smarter, and embrace teamwork better than to LISTEN?

Let’s create an environment of listening to release the inherent creative synergies waiting to be unleashed allowing all of us to creatively and collectively save our company.

As Dr. Steven Covey puts it:
When people begin to interact together genuinely, and they're open to each other's influence, they begin to gain new insight. The capability of inventing new approaches is increased exponentially…
All that makes great sense. That post is right on. Now all you have to do is send it to J Rogers. We need to let them know were just as smart as them in a another fashion. Trust me when I say this Im the first one in line to tell them how to run there business. Maybe they'll close that open door policy.Lol

Exactly.current management mostly Roadway(not bashing).don't seem to ever listen to anyone.I guess that might have been their management model taught to them in Roadway mgmt school.

Maybe that old saying that a manager or boss should never hire anyone smarter than they are because that hiree will soon have the managers job is true. As these hirees move up the ladder through attrician,and keep hiring people less qualified than they are,we may have gotten to the point where the company is run by less competent people,and perhaps in the eyes of some,it`s being run by bloomin idiots. Especially in middle and lower management positions.

Maybe that old saying that a manager or boss should never hire anyone smarter than they are because that hiree will soon have the managers job is true. As these hirees move up the ladder through attrician,and keep hiring people less qualified than they are,we may have gotten to the point where the company is run by less competent people,and perhaps in the eyes of some,it`s being run by bloomin idiots. Especially in middle and lower management positions.

to show this is true last 3 we hired at OKC/531
1 worked at Enterpise (detailer) no forklift exp
2 worked at furniture store in charge of shipping no forklift exp
3 worked at cnc shop no forklift exp
even after extensive 3 day training program (5.5 hrs a day) still not very good

The skills needed to drive a truck or work the dock can be learned in a couple months. I had no freight experience, had no clue how to start a fork lift. But Roadway put me on the list in a month or so. There were dock-men and drivers who came on from CF..St J with a lot of years who wrecked freight with an attitude. Attitudes destroy

So.....if I hear you right, you just told management that YRC Employees (that are already working for 85% wages per the MOU) could generate $57 million of savings by working 8 hrs for 7 1/2 hrs pay??????? You'd better hope they weren't listening, or can't read.....

So.....if I hear you right, you just told management that YRC Employees (that are already working for 85% wages per the MOU) could generate $57 million of savings by working 8 hrs for 7 1/2 hrs pay??????? You'd better hope they weren't listening, or can't read.....

WRONG, WRONG, WRONG!!!!

Working, thinking and acting smart will save our jobs, $57 million per year, and return our 15% pay cut, as well as, all of our other concessions. Where as, continuing to work, think and act stupid will cause all of us to lose our jobs.

Please re-read it and hopefully you will come to the same conclusion. Management needs to listen to our suggestions and implement them quickly, before we have to close the doors and lose our jobs. We are the experts at our own specific jobs. We know how to do our jobs better than anyone else, especially someone who has never done our job. So, someone needs to LISTEN or we will lose everything.

WRONG, WRONG, WRONG!!!!

Working, thinking and acting smart will save our jobs, $57 million per year, and return our 15% pay cut, as well as, all of our other concessions. Where as, continuing to work, think and act stupid will cause all of us to lose our jobs.

Please re-read it and hopefully you will come to the same conclusion. Management needs to listen to our suggestions and implement them quickly, before we have to close the doors and lose our jobs. We are the experts at our own specific jobs. We know how to do our jobs better than anyone else, especially someone who has never done our job. So, someone needs to LISTEN or we will lose everything.

They don't want to hear it. $57M profit is not a lot for a $4B company. Big profits can only return if the economy makes strong comeback. It's feeble. Need real change in Washington, not Overland Park

They don't want to hear it. $57M profit is not a lot for a $4B company. Big profits can only return if the economy makes strong comeback. It's feeble. Need real change in Washington, not Overland Park
This mightve been a 4 billion dollar company pre-merge, after all of the terminal sales, trailer give a ways, old wore out tractors in the fleet, and the loss of frieght revenue, this comapnay is nowhere near 4 billion dollars.. If it were, this 1.4 billion dollar debt wouldnt be looming over our heads every quarter and might actually be paying down instead of growing due to the interest rates they now have to pay..

Maybe we need a driver who calls themsef WOP to run this place. WOP sure does make a lot of sense to me. Unless the ultimate goal is to show that a union company cannot be profittable. Nice post WOP!

WRONG, WRONG, WRONG!!!!

That may be what you meant to say- but what they'll hear is your calling to cut 1/2 hour to save money. It won't effect me, other than that I need you to stay afloat so I can collect my pension in 8-9 years. I haven't worked at Yellow since they laid me off in 2008....