Yellow | live to fight another day ?

airforce

TB Lurker
Credits
Its interesting that the same people who insisted in voting yes a few weeks ago..and get to reep the little benefits us no voters got us with the new m.o.u. I will get bashed for this...but yesterday at my shop I was asked what I think...I said the yes voters should get the first m.o u. that was voted on...you voted for it....you get it. the rest get the new one.. (( and no I don't want that )) just wanted to hear the reply.
On to my topic question....I heard MANY say...live to fight another day on the first time we took a cut...then the same was said the second time...same thing...What day are all you waiting for ?? Yes I heard the conference call...it was also stated by them ...yes...I said there was no plan b...but here we are...with a better m.o.u...I guess all im asking is please stop saying you will fight another day...because its obvious by some you never will...when I see the same people rubber stamping the yes vote...I myself must admit...and im trying hard not too...there is part of me that wishes that the last m.o.u. the yes people fought so hard for here on this board would get it.....flame away

I totally agree with you! I do feel bad for the Yes voters though! It must be hard too feel your just not worthy enough and allow yourself to be belittled! I'm truly not trying to offend anybody only that I think if you had backbone you would stick up for what's right! Again, this is not meant to be jab!

Its interesting that the same people who insisted in voting yes a few weeks ago..and get to reep the little benefits us no voters got us with the new m.o.u. I will get bashed for this...but yesterday at my shop I was asked what I think...I said the yes voters should get the first m.o u. that was voted on...you voted for it....you get it. the rest get the new one.. (( and no I don't want that )) just wanted to hear the reply.
On to my topic question....I heard MANY say...live to fight another day on the first time we took a cut...then the same was said the second time...same thing...What day are all you waiting for ?? Yes I heard the conference call...it was also stated by them ...yes...I said there was no plan b...but here we are...with a better m.o.u...I guess all im asking is please stop saying you will fight another day...because its obvious by some you never will...when I see the same people rubber stamping the yes vote...I myself must admit...and im trying hard not too...there is part of me that wishes that the last m.o.u. the yes people fought so hard for here on this board would get it.....flame away

I like your idea of "no" voters getting the pay and benefits of the newer MOU and the yes voters getting that of the rejected MOU since they were ready to accept it. Good idea.

I think it's such a good idea that I would propose a continuation of that kind of thinking. Every time in the future when a new contract is negotiated, how about if the new contract passes, the "yes" voters get the pay raises and the "no" voters stay at the old rate? That's basically the same idea as you proposed isn't it? I'm sure then that you would go along with idea, right?

nope...as I said...I wanted to hear the reply....( room got real quiet by the way ) please sir...lets start with a easy one. That is .IF you voted yes...to the m.o.u a few weeks ago....lets say the week vacation that you would have lost under the m.o.u. that failed.. ((you know how you don't get it taken away now ))....just march into your bosses office...stand proudly...and say you voted yes on the one that was rejected...ask him to take it away or you can write the weeks pay to y.r.c..im sure.they will take it......he may even thankyou.....or...while your on that vacation...thank the guys who voted it down

And if this gets voted down and the companies all close, do the yes voters get to follow around the no voters for the rest of time and remind them how short sighted and ignorant to the facts they were?

sorry...should not have said that.... ((
short sighted and ignorant to the facts they were? ))
that was also said a few weeks ago...look...if you want to vote yes...do so...the point I was trying to say to all is there are many who say live to fight another day...and the day never comes...that's it

The company says they will go BK if the MOU doesn't pass. The IBT says the company will go BK if the MOU doesn't pass. The IBT'S independent financial EXPERT says the company will go BK if the MOU doesn't pass. So I ask, does your GOD himself have to tell you that YRC will go BK if the MOU doesn't pass to get you to vote yes- or are you one of the " I'm so bitter I have to make somebody pay" crowd?

last time....yes...I heard the financial expert...but did you listen to the Q. and A at the end of the meeting? the question was didn't you say this is it ? and there isn't a second vote ? He said yes....look...if you want to vote yes...again....do so.

He said he was basically surprised that they were able to get to this point. Look, if you choose to ignore all the obvious facts and hope there is a miracle, go ahead. If you ask me, if the frigging ground is shaking and stuff is falling off my walls, there is probably an earthquake going on. Maybe there is a small chance that all the obvious facts aren't what they seem to be. Do you want to gamble your job on that? If I said to you, "let's flip a coin for $65,000", would you do it? I can tell you one thing- you'd have better odds of winning the coin toss than having a no vote and this company staying in business.

How about this also....if it doesn't pass and they file BK and lets say they stayed in business (which they won't) then the yes voters stay working and the no voters hit the road! That would be fair as well, how about everyone just vote and quit griping about everyone else's decision....at the end of the day its piece of mind for that person, no-one should be scrutinized for their voting preference.....everyone pays dues and is entitled to vote THEIR way!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

How about this thought....
What if the first MOU if passed would have given the company the BEST possible chance at gaining footing and making something out of this mess... and this MOU is just a "Well we'd really rather not put 26000 people out of work, so we will cut here and there and HOPE that the economy gets better in a really be hurry"...

What if it's more like... "I know I should cut $100 out of my budget to really be sound in my finances, but that would mean giving up the NFL ticket and my neighbor has it, so I'll just cut $50 out and hope the PG&E is still on when the games on"...

In every household in America we should be living above our NEEDS, but below our MEANS.... (thanks suzie orman) and you know what... the company should be too... but the kids get what the kids want... right?

I had a though similar to yours... what if (provided this MOU passes) We have all the Yes votes from the first MOU get the conditions of the first MOU, all the "flip votes to YES" get the conditions on the second MOU and all the "NO" votes from the second MOU get their walking papers? That sounds fair to me!! :)

nope...as I said...I wanted to hear the reply....( room got real quiet by the way ) please sir...lets start with a easy one. That is .IF you voted yes...to the m.o.u a few weeks ago....lets say the week vacation that you would have lost under the m.o.u. that failed.. ((you know how you don't get it taken away now ))....just march into your bosses office...stand proudly...and say you voted yes on the one that was rejected...ask him to take it away or you can write the weeks pay to y.r.c..im sure.they will take it......he may even thankyou.....or...while your on that vacation...thank the guys who voted it down

You realize the week of vacation you speak of was for people with 8 to 11 years of seniority? Didn't the first concessions take out everyone from 13 years down? I remember just barely keeping my job at 13 years... Now then that was 5 years ago, right? So anyone that has been hired would be at 5 years.... or less... that means there's what a couple hundred people that are between 8 and 11 years? Seems like that one was a 'give it back to the teamsters and they won't realize that they didn't 'gain' anything back'...
However, I could be wrong and there could be 1000's of people that fall between 8 & 11 years....??

can anyone enlighten me on this?

sorry...should not have said that.... ((
short sighted and ignorant to the facts they were? ))
that was also said a few weeks ago...look...if you want to vote yes...do so...the point I was trying to say to all is there are many who say live to fight another day...and the day never comes...that's it

The day comes... but only if you live that long! And don't get senile in the mean time.

You realize the week of vacation you speak of was for people with 8 to 11 years of seniority? Didn't the first concessions take out everyone from 13 years down? I remember just barely keeping my job at 13 years... Now then that was 5 years ago, right? So anyone that has been hired would be at 5 years.... or less... that means there's what a couple hundred people that are between 8 and 11 years? Seems like that one was a 'give it back to the teamsters and they won't realize that they didn't 'gain' anything back'...
However, I could be wrong and there could be 1000's of people that fall between 8 & 11 years....??

can anyone enlighten me on this?

Yes I believe you are correct for most parts of the country....there is a select few that have some 8 and under working.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

last time....yes...I heard the financial expert...but did you listen to the Q. and A at the end of the meeting? the question was didn't you say this is it ? and there isn't a second vote ? He said yes....look...if you want to vote yes...again....do so.

I believe he said the plan was always that there was a Feb 1 deadline and that bankruptcy was the very likely outcome if the restructuring didn't happen. So... when they said the first time that there would not be a second vote, stay with me here, could they possibly have been thinking that there would not be time to print ballots, mail them out, wait 2 weeks, count the vote and announce the finding for a second time? Are we doing that a second time? NO we aren't.. we are all jumping into our little cars and driving down to the hall, or dock, or doughnut shop or wherever and filling out a ballot that will be pushed in a box and then counted 2 or 3 days later...

So - Yes - there is time to 'try again' by altering the voting process..... NO there is not time for another "VOTE" in the traditional sense of the word.

People really need to start to think outside of the box.

.the point I was trying to say to all is there are many who say live to fight another day...and the day never comes...that's it

Yes..I have made that statement in the past.....and I still stand by it.....however to respond to your point......No one has given an actual "date" that the "fight" would take place.........From the first concessions that were approved.....all the way up to the present.....the Company is still operating...and henceforth still available for the "fight"......The reason that day of the "fight" hasn't arrived is that, as of yet, there is nothing to "fight" for from this Company..other than it's survival so it can eventually make it to that day when it does have something that can be fought for....until then it's just a matter of keeping it open and keeping the jobs .......

If you think about it.....after we've all come this far with the concessions.....to vote "no" and allow this Company to fail, at this time, is tantamount to a surrender and a resounding victory for the Non-Union companies...and for the anti-Union crowd in general...Right now the Economy is not at it's best....The competition is cutthroat...the problems that this Company faces and is trying to overcome are almost...note I said "almost", insurmountable..so yes it's a "tough" go....and the reality of it is.. a "no" vote is the easy way out for those that are the weak ones that don't have the temerity to "tough it out" and make it to the point that real gains can be made.....they just want to end it now so they don't have to think about it anymore...Those are the ones that are placing that "live to fight another day" option in serious jeopardy because of immature impatience ..............The only logical "option" at this juncture, is to stay the course....

What is wrong with us all? Why are we trying to keep this company alive! Think about how much healthier the rest of the LTL companies will become if we close up these companies.... Think about how the freight lost by YRC, HOLLAND, REDDAWAY, and NEW PENN will fill all of the other companies trucks. WOW!! Why don't we just give up this ghost and move on??

I think I should be sleeping... I'm giving up hope and I don't even 'do hope'....

Think this is the same song and dance from YRC and the Hoffa crowd that they used the first time, that they needed the concessions to keep YRS alive. Well here you are again, what is it the third consessions session? Anyway, they want more with the same diagnosis if they dont get it, and the same crowd preaching without it the company will be gone. They also said these concessions would keep from having to lay off a lot of people. Well, they still layed off those people, closed terminals, etc. They are here again. How many times do they have to keep taking before it is enough? You all have to decide that for yourselves, each has a vote use it the way you see fit. Either way, you all vote and you all share the outcome. Whatever you vote, be sure it is the best for you. Good luck, and hope for the best.

Don't be afraid brother's! If it's a NO vote there will be a Plan C! Trust me when I say management is just a bunch of sales people doing there jobs well! There going to put the pressure on you strong and hope that they sold you! Remember if it passes on a YES there is no going back to what you have agreed on! Giving our work away sold me to vote a big fat NO! If the company does fold please remember all the freight from YRC, Holland, Reddway and New Penn have to go somewhere! Companies can't take all this new business on without hiring! Your scared, I get it! But first YRC is bluffing and second if I'm wrong you will get another job! Companies will be begging for good dependable drivers! Heck, at our terminal they can't even find a new hire who can pass a background check or drug test! So if you can do both of these you will be just fine! Who wants to sit around till 2019 waiting for the next round of Wish List CRAP! Either they can make it or they can't!:wavey: