Yellow | Loan Repaid

Hmmm.... properties have been sold and I see equipment rolling down the road every day.... how about the thousands I'm owed for all the vacation I never got the chance to take?

Reactions: TC1
Hmmm.... properties have been sold and I see equipment rolling down the road every day.... how about the thousands I'm owed for all the vacation I never got the chance to take?
Too late now, but my advice, take your vacations, take your lunch breaks, you just never know! No one on their death bed ever says "Gee, I wish I would have worked more!"

Too late now, but my advice, take your vacations, take your lunch breaks, you just never know! No one on their death bed ever says "Gee, I wish I would have worked more!"
GIF by NickRewind

That has Stimpy's stamp of approval..

Companies listed on Japan’s stock exchanges paid their chief executives an average of $580,000 in salary and other compensation last fiscal year, PWC estimates, about 16 times more than the typical Japanese worker.
Average Japanese CEO Earns One-Sixth As Much As American CEOs

Perhaps we need a law basing CEOs salaries on the salary of the lowest paid worker.

Perhaps we need a law basing CEOs salaries on the salary of the lowest paid worker.

Why shouldn't every employee be paid based on the value they bring to their employer and the scarcity of the folks willing AND able to do their job?

I'm not disputing your statement or advice, but I had an extended planned family vacation all set up for the last weeks of December and first weeks of January where other family members had done the same with their schedules in advance also so we could all be together. The other chunk of my vacation time was already planned for later August, but since we closed and there was a payroll gap I didn't get that either. I just want paid for what I'm owed. In my viewpoint this is completely wrong that employees were placed behind others in line from the sale proceeds. If anyone has any reliable info on what we might get or when we might get it, that would be appreciated. Thank you.

As Yellow's drivers, we would have liked that idea. Many of us were severely underpaid.
Why wouldn't a significant percentage of the many severely underpaid find work elsewhere?

I'd argue those that decided to go to work everyday liked to moan and groan about being underpaid, but ultimately they decided that trading their skills, knowledge, time and labor was worth what they were getting in return.

I'm not disputing your statement or advice, but I had an extended planned family vacation all set up for the last weeks of December and first weeks of January where other family members had done the same with their schedules in advance also so we could all be together. The other chunk of my vacation time was already planned for later August, but since we closed and there was a payroll gap I didn't get that either. I just want paid for what I'm owed. In my viewpoint this is completely wrong that employees were placed behind others in line from the sale proceeds. If anyone has any reliable info on what we might get or when we might get it, that would be appreciated. Thank you.
I totally get what you're saying and I totally understand what you were planning. It stinks that you haven't been made whole yet for your vacation time. I hope all that works out quickly for you. :1036316054:

Why wouldn't a significant percentage of the many severely underpaid find work elsewhere?

I'd argue those that decided to go to work everyday liked to moan and groan about being underpaid, but ultimately they decided that trading their skills, knowledge, time and labor was worth what they were getting in return.
There's a saying I was told a very long time ago by an old timer - any job is only worth what someone will accept for performing it.

There's a saying I was told a very long time ago by an old timer - any job is only worth what someone will accept for performing it.
Yep. I can argue all day long my job is worth $150/hr but if I am willing to do it for $75/hr. It's not worth $150 even if my CEO makes $800million a year.

I know of a few that were in the same boat..... One planned for a cruise.... I get it.

It sucks.